HBO Max's Class Action Park has to be the funniest Documentary i've ever seen

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
just watched this yesterday. that shyt sounds insane. and if I were younger, I'd probably say "man I wish I could've gone there" but as an adult? :patrice:

I loved the talking head interviews because clearly these people were there as workers or customers and the doc let them walk the line in terms of opinion. Homie who said he's glad he got to grow up in that era but he's also kinda upset he got to grow up in that era. I think that's a great way to look at the nostalgia for that era; yes there was freedom and a lot of choice and parents kinda let their kids run wild, but fukk lol should kids be allowed to run wild? Should a parent allow their kid to keep going to a park after multiple people are killed?

That shyt can never be done again and that's perfectly fine. Every thing has a season.

I would totally be willing to ride an Alpine Slide again right now.
As long as I had elbow/knee pads and some kind of bicycle helmet.

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
Got a safe(ish) one up near me in N.H.

Come see the leaves and get hurt Breh...

WOW, it looks exactly the same. I would have thought that the modern sleds would be different, but they look the same.

I'm shocked in this day an age that they're not making the riders wear knee pads and helmets. Even as a kid, after I fell off and hit the track I was thinking "they should be giving out knee pads".

Apollo Kid

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Boom Bap Era
Slightly off-topic, but if your a tri-state old head I'm sure we all remember the Action Park commercials. :flabbynsick:

Anyone else remember the Westchester County Fair ones!?! Rides and attractions! Non-stop action! Every county every year at the Westchester country fair!:mjgrin:

And those bootleg Land of Make Believe commercials. :mjlol:

Damn you bringing up some old memories :russ:

Went to Action Park when i was 4..don't remember much of it :pachaha:

Listen

Tell me moar
Daps
Reppin
A few Floors Down from the Daily Grind
WOW, it looks exactly the same. I would have thought that the modern sleds would be different, but they look the same.

I'm shocked in this day an age that they're not making the riders wear knee pads and helmets. Even as a kid, after I fell off and hit the track I was thinking "they should be giving out knee pads".
It’s crazy right? Been that way since I was a kid. Got all the same warnings too lol, like the if it rains, break and GTF off the track lmao.