HBCU's vs. PWI's

No1

Retired.
Supporter
Daps
Another thread that should have been in Higher Learning. :to:

But with all that said, PWI are the way to go unless it's Howard, Morehouse or Spelman and like someone else said, you'll deal with a horrible administration.

Majestic Pape

The-Coli = W SOHH = L
Daps
Go PWI dog. It's the status. I heard HBCU's were considered the "13th grade" :scusthov: but there's a great deal of bytches

Take it from me. I was 'this' close to going to Morehouse. I'm glad I went to my PWI.

And this is the problem with your argument and others.

YBE

Banned
Daps
Straight up, HBCU's give more money for less academic achievement. If you have a 25 ACT, you'll get jack shyt at a PWI, but you might get as much as 1/4 or 1/2 tuition at an HBCU. Fukk going $100,000 in debt for your degree. For real.

c/s......man, i barely finished high school. i had to go to a junior college, then a small university, then i transferred to a one of those top hbcus & got a scholarship. im still :skip: that they gave my black ass money. i might have gotten into a good PWI but, i damn sure wasn't getting shyt.

Plus, top corporations recruit heavily at HBCU's. I had crazy fully paid internships in different cities and made stupid money because of corporate involvement on my campus. I even got to interview at Google (I ain't get it though) My friends that went to PWI's were working at the chipotle in their po-dunk college town over their summers.

But if it's not a top-tier, private HBCU, don't even think about it breh. Alcorn State isn't worth it.

same. interviewed for Google, Goldman, JP Morgan, Baird, BoAML & the Fed. Reserve (most were rejections but, still :manny:). I doubt i could've did that at a regular PWI.

YBE

Banned
Daps
this. i know too many people at the upper hbcu's (howard, hampton, and spelman) and nearly all but spelman have complained about how horrible the advisors/counselors are. not sayin dont go that route but if you do know what you're gettin yourself into. especially if you're seriously about your future career

I can vouch....the administration is horrible :scusthov:

It teaches you how to be persistent though. Those nikkas will lie right to your face.

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM
My advice for anyone is to simply go to find out what you want to do in life then attend the best school for that field that you can afford, whether its an HBCU or PWI.

Majestic Pape

The-Coli = W SOHH = L
Daps
FWIW, I attended Hampton and Ohio State (graduated neither place) and community colleges and if I could do it again...

I'da skipped school like LeBron.:smugfavre:

you're NOT "n!ggas"

FKA ciroq drobama
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Astronomy (8th light)
I can vouch....the administration is horrible :scusthov:

It teaches you how to be persistent though. Those nikkas will lie right to your face.

they said the same thing. maybe its real life experience :manny: but at the same time i feel like naw... that shouldn't be happenin when you're tryna PREPARE for the real world

TheBigBopper

Banned
Daps
c/s......man, i barely finished high school. i had to go to a junior college, then a small university, then i transferred to a one of those top hbcus & got a scholarship. im still :skip: that they gave my black ass money. i might have gotten into a good PWI but, i damn sure wasn't getting shyt.

same. interviewed for Google, Goldman, JP Morgan, Baird, BoAML & the Fed. Reserve (most were rejections but, still :manny:). I doubt i could've did that at a regular PWI.

This year was extremely tough, even for the Ivies. I know people at my alma mater who would have been shoo-ins for Goldman Sachs but had to go to lesser firms. People with bulge bracket credentials in normal cycles ended up at credit ratings agencies,asset management, and lower tier consulting this year.

It's not fair :to:

YBE

Banned
Daps
This year was extremely tough, even for the Ivies. I know people at my alma mater who would have been shoo-ins for Goldman Sachs but had to go to lesser firms. People with bulge bracket credentials in normal cycles ended up at credit ratings agencies,asset management, and lower tier consulting this year.

It's not fair :to:

Imagine a few years ago

Kids who graduated from 2007-2009 :sadbron: