Haven't had a drink in over 2 weeks now! Road to Sobriety 2012-Coli edition

Roberto Dinero

Dropped from #TnT
Daps
Reppin
The Infamous World's End Houses
I've been thinking about going to AA cause I KNOW im an alcoholic but i just have a hard time sitting there and telling a group of strangers my problems. If i quit drinking i'd like to do it on my own or with a one on one therapist or some shyt like that.

U don't need AA to quit drinking, for some people it helps but its not necessary.

My uncle was a raging alcoholic and he refused to go to AA. He got himself checked into hospital for them to clean him up, kinda like a rehab hospital kind of thing.

Once u get out of hospital ur good, u just have to resist the temptation to start drinking again but physically ur good.

Mantle Drunk

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NY
Only had 2-3 beers Tuesday instead of 8-9. The Giants game last night had people inviting me to go to the bar I passed and had a 12 pack in the fridge I didn't touch even after the loss. Tonight through Sat though:cheers:. Baby steps:manny:

Robbie3000

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I threw my sobriety in the bushes last night :sadcam: I drank 6 beers last night and i'm feeling the effects today. I'm going to try to go atleast the next 2 weeks without a drink. If i can't do it, then i know i have a drinking problem. :sadbron:

VegetasHairline

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
CACS
Got arrested back in 2011 for public drunkenness. Went 11 months sober even while working as a bartender. It's all about self discipline.

Lucky_Lefty

Dreams Are Colder Than Death...
Daps
Reppin
Purgatory
^^^^ what he said. I use to go HAM at bars but after a while, you have an epiphany and wonder what's the purpose of it all. All the hangovers an blackouts ain't cool no more once you hit a certain point in life. At least it was for me. Been dry for over a year now

Mask and Da Glock

Posting From Rehab
Daps
I'm not trying to be patronizing at all I just don't get alcoholics. I mean...I love getting drunk but it's not the best feeling in the world. I do drink a lot by myself occasionally like I said I love getting drunk but to be addicted to it? I don't get it. I've been an addict so I understand the toughness of it but I just don't get being addicted to that substance (alcohol).

Mantle Drunk

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NY
I'm not trying to be patronizing at all I just don't get alcoholics. I mean...I love getting drunk but it's not the best feeling in the world. I do drink a lot by myself occasionally like I said I love getting drunk but to be addicted to it? I don't get it. I've been an addict so I understand the toughness of it but I just don't get being addicted to that substance (alcohol).

I can't speak for everyone that posted but for me what makes it difficult is the fact that it seems every social event you go to Alcohol is involved. Oh you want to hangout cool let's go to the bar. You want to go to the game cool let's go get beers. Meet chick probably at one of these events take them to go get drinks you start to get engulfed in the thought process that everything fun you do revolves around alcohol.

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
I usually drin 3-4 times a week. I don't know if that's an alcoholic, but it is what it is. I haven't drank since labor day and chances are I won't drink tonight or Friday. I know I'm drinking Sunday cuz football season is starting. But when I drink, I never get blackout drunk or throw up drunk. And I don't drink enough to get hangovers. That was when I was younger. And I mostly drink a couple of hard drinks after work typically. Maybe a light beer and two Gins. Or a beer and two cognacs. That's typically it for me. I don see t as a problem since I'm able to get up for work everyday and it's not hurting any other aspect of my life. But sometimes if I drink too many days in a row, I seriously think about taking an extended time off from drinking.

Mask and Da Glock

Posting From Rehab
Daps
I can't speak for everyone that posted but for me what makes it difficult is the fact that it seems every social event you go to Alcohol is involved. Oh you want to hangout cool let's go to the bar. You want to go to the game cool let's go get beers. Meet chick probably at one of these events take them to go get drinks you start to get engulfed in the thought process that everything fun you do revolves around alcohol.

That makes a lot of sense, I just recently became of age to go to bars/clubs and get served so I guess I didn't think of that. It's kind of the go to drug (yeah drug) for socializing. Fair enough.

flea

Legend
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Dade County
thats odd u enjoy drinking cider. the stuff tastes awful to me and i drink whisky straight

Roberto Dinero

Dropped from #TnT
Daps
Reppin
The Infamous World's End Houses
thats odd u enjoy drinking cider. the stuff tastes awful to me and i drink whisky straight

I don't drink hard liquor any more. I used to drink a lot of cheap vodka years ago but I switched to beer like 3 years ago.

I like cider. I like to drink a couple of cans of beer then a couple of cider to mix it up a little. I haven't drank any cider in like a month tho.

Uptown WaYo87

HARLEM/BX
Daps
I got 6 days without smoking weed...to me its a milestone cause i been smoking everyday for the past 5 years. Ive had days where i smoked 3 blunts before 9am and once smoked 10 blunts in a couple hours and devoured a crave case from white castle :snoop:. honestly tho i feel sharper now that im not smoking..

Im not a alky but idk if i can stop drinking, i usually just drink on weekends n i go hard..i may just slow it down tho to once a week.