Haven't had a drink in over 2 weeks now! Road to Sobriety 2012-Coli edition

Robbie3000

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yeah for real. When u chilling at night watching TV or whatever ur like "I could do with a brewski" :laugh:

Also I dunno about the US but in the UK there is loads of beer commercials on at night.

Yeah. I could chill all day and not think about alcohol, but when i get off work, i feel like i need beer just to unwind.

Daps
Reppin
respect, usa
I think this is the mentality I got stuck in and am still stuck in like what am I supposed to do if i'm out and not drinking I know it sounds ridiculous but it's just ingrained in a lot of peoples minds.

People don't like to admit they've been conned or duped or brainwashed in any capacity. I have no problem admitting peer pressure is the reason I got involved in all that.

When people realize you don't drink they treat you like a unicorn. It's only when you stop all that you start to see the lies people tell themselves.

"I can quit anytime"

While taking another drag or sip.:comeon:

Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm all in on this. Plus it'll be a good look for me since I'm on probation anyway. The thing of it is, you get used to certain patterns of behavior. Its not like you're chemically addicted, but you're socially addicted.

I think I'm gonna either join MMA Fitness(MMA Gym) or some type of weigh lifting club to replace my bad hobbies with good ones.

The thing is, if you're a red blooded male you gotta live life kind of hard, whatever your hobbies or passions are, so you might as well have healthy ones

61 Corpses

The Breh
Daps
Reppin
Sorry breh, I can't be bout that sober life. I'm a social worker..it's against our code of ethics :youngsabo:

But props for getting out of the game. Best of luck in your future endeavors :obama:

Grand Cru Boo

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New Yawk New Yawk
I definetly feel you op. I drink damn near every day. The only time I stop is if I have a hangover the next morning ( which I usually dont). Its hard to put it down but i know my liver will appreciate the break. Ive been living the charlie harper life way too long

livindajetlife

Superstar
Daps
fukk it i needa chill out too.. imma drink this 40.. but tomorrow imma stop for a month

Sampson

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NY
I often quit drinking for 2 week stretches just to make sure I'm not an alcoholic.
With football season starting, I'll be drinking 50-60 ounces of beer ever Sunday. No way around it. I tried drinking mixed drinks on Sundays, but I get too drunk. I might try to be sober during the week and drunk on Sundays.

61 Corpses

The Breh
Daps
Reppin
I often quit drinking for 2 week stretches just to make sure I'm not an alcoholic.
With football season starting, I'll be drinking 50-60 ounces of beer ever Sunday. No way around it. I tried drinking mixed drinks on Sundays, but I get too drunk. I might try to be sober during the week and drunk on Sundays.
:ohhh:

Not a bad strategy at all....

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
fukk quittin drinking

drinking a 12 pack a week isnt gonna do shyt to u. if u have a problem, yea thats one thing.