Haven't had a drink in over 2 weeks now! Road to Sobriety 2012-Coli edition

Dr. Fauci

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I been putting this off for way too long, drinking tonight but gonna try and quit. Do yall smoke too?

i dont

I wish i had something else to fall back on :noah:

gonna try to just get into incredible shape...gonna need something to focus on

Roberto Dinero

Dropped from #TnT
Daps
Reppin
The Infamous World's End Houses
I been putting this off for way too long, drinking tonight but gonna try and quit. Do yall smoke too?

Not bud but I smoke cigarettes. I managed to quit smoking for 2 and a half months last year but then started again :smh:

Quitting drinking is a lot easier than cigs IMO. I don't smoke many cigs tho. I smoke about 5 a day. That's not much.

Daps
Reppin
respect, usa
Same things said in this thread I said to myself.

Here I am 22, about to graduate college and the longest I been sober in 5 years is two weeks?

:lawd::whoo::mindblown::huhldup::snoop:

I thought about why I started drinking and it was peer pressure, wanting to be cool and thinking this is what you are supposed to do. I also just got disgusted that this wasn't something like eating a bowl of cereal. This was a daily choice to alter my consciousness and reality. Was my reality that bad? No, not really but any mistakes that I make today I am 100 percent accountable for and that's an empowering feeling. I might not ever solve world hunger but I know my mind and body are functioning at the maximum it possibly can.

NkrumahWasRight Is Wrong

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Uncertain grounds
Not bud but I smoke cigarettes. I managed to quit smoking for 2 and a half months last year but then started again :smh:

Quitting drinking is a lot easier than cigs IMO. I don't smoke many cigs tho. I smoke about 5 a day. That's not much.

try out the e-cig breh :manny:

i been coppin this menthol flavored cigirex for 10 bucks. just started two weeks ago. i still kinda want the burn of smoking but its working better than the gum.

http://www.bestecigarettesreview.org/e-cig-reviews/reviewof-cigirex-electroniccigarette.html

Dr. Fauci

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If ure trying to get into shape...and u work out...but then come home and drink a 40...its such a waste of time

ive been doing that shyt for so long. I mean im always in decent shape, but never to where I know I can be if I actually focus on not just that, but the nutritional side of it

Mantle Drunk

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NY
Same things said in this thread I said to myself.

:lawd::whoo::mindblown::huhldup::snoop:

I thought about why I started drinking and it was peer pressure, wanting to be cool and thinking this is what you are supposed to do. I also just got disgusted that this wasn't something like eating a bowl of cereal. This was a daily choice to alter my consciousness and reality. Was my reality that bad? No, not really but any mistakes that I make today I am 100 percent accountable for and that's an empowering feeling. I might not ever solve world hunger but I know my mind and body are functioning at the maximum it possibly can.

I think this is the mentality I got stuck in and am still stuck in like what am I supposed to do if i'm out and not drinking I know it sounds ridiculous but it's just ingrained in a lot of peoples minds.

Roberto Dinero

Dropped from #TnT
Daps
Reppin
The Infamous World's End Houses
try out the e-cig breh :manny:

i been coppin this menthol flavored cigirex for 10 bucks. just started two weeks ago. i still kinda want the burn of smoking but its working better than the gum.

To be honest I could quit smoking right now cold turkey if I wanted to. But I like smoking cigs. I find it soothing. Also when u smoke a lot less butts a day u enjoy each cigarette more.

Robbie3000

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm in. I didn't drink all week and intended not to drink for 30 straight days, but this weekend was labor day and Rock The Bells so you know how that goes. But i'm back on the Wagon. I intend not to Drink until 10/3/2012 at the earliest.

Daps
Reppin
respect, usa

Cigarette addiction is rough. Not only is it mental but there will be some physical withdrawals as well. You will be more irritable(I found it overstated) for a short period of time.

The first few weeks after quitting smoking are usually the most difficult and it's safe to say that it normally takes at least 8-12 weeks before a person starts to feel comfortable with their new lifestyle change of being an ex-smoker. Withdrawal from nicotine, an addictive drug found in tobacco, is characterized by symptoms that include headache, anxiety, nausea and a craving for more tobacco. Nicotine creates a chemical dependency, so that the body develops a need for a certain level of nicotine at all times.

Here is the full link Common Withdrawal Symptoms After You Quit Smoking - QuitSmokingSupport.com but in bold is the most important thing you need to realize and this goes for those wanting to quit alcohol as well.

Lifestyle. You see that word? That's what smoking is(marijuana included). That's what drinking is. It's a lifestyle. Most people don't realize it but as someone who doesn't smoke I find smoking tobacco, the smell of it absolutely disgusting. Alcohol is a little more tolerable for me. But you need to realize that it's a lifestyle.

You see those cluster of people outside of work all huddled together sharing a smoke for 10 minutes every hour? That's a lifestyle man and when you quit, those who share that same lifestyle will treat you differently. They'll accuse you of becoming self-righteous, hypocrite, etc. Just let it go. Some friends/people you have to let go for your sanity and health. Just be confident in yourself and decisions that you are making the right decision.

NkrumahWasRight Is Wrong

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Uncertain grounds
To be honest I could quit smoking right now cold turkey if I wanted to. But I like smoking cigs. I find it soothing. Also when u smoke a lot less butts a day u enjoy each cigarette more.

agreed, agreed.

just showing an option in case you were unaware. i quit cold turkey a whiles back, but then realized that every time i drank it was still a trigger for me to bum a cig off someone here and there and im trying to preserve my throat a bit because i rip my bong too hard..e-cig was a good balanced solution for me