Have you ever wondered why people find some stereotypes funny?

Emperor Sol

Knowledge and Wisdom
Daps
Reppin
CAN
I've never really understood why, for example, white people would think that the stereotypes of black people being infatuated chicken, watermelons and grapes would be funny.. But then I started to think about it..

"What exactly is so funny about that? Is it just a white thing? Am I not able to understand because I'm black?"

But then I really started to think. Yes, WHY are these things funny? I know why. They're hilarious to non-blacks because to them you're nothing but a mindless ****** who can't help but love these things. It's almost as if it's in your genes to love these things. It's like you're an animal and have no real control or understanding of what you're doing to them. You're genetically predisposed to loving these things and there's nothing you can do about it.

I theorize that that's the reason why some people (whites especially) find these stereotypes funny. After all, what else am I supposed to think when these people themselves cannot even explain to me why they think it's funny? They themselves don't even understand why it's funny.

Good grief. :wow:

Emperor Sol

Knowledge and Wisdom
Daps
Reppin
CAN
How can people who don't even hang around black people, much less talk to them, have any idea if a stereotype is remotely close to true? When it comes to some people, I'm sure I'm the only black person they've ever had a serious conversation with. :manny:

The Nigerian

The Realest Member of TheColi
Daps
Reppin
All The Way One Hunnid
How can people who don't even hang around black people, much less talk to them, have any idea if a stereotype is remotely close to true? When it comes to some people, I'm sure I'm the only black person they've ever had a serious conversation with. :manny:
Well, when it comes to stereotypes about blacks all one has to do is log onto WSHH to get a look and form an opinion.

msims

Bmore nicca
Daps
People who can't find humor in exaggerated representations of reality confuse the hell outta me.

OP probably has some personal issues to work out.

Well, when it comes to stereotypes about blacks all one has to do is log onto WSHH to get a look and form an opinion.

A stereotype of whites is "they are all racist".

:heh:

Hm....that wasn't funny. Why didn't that one work? :dwillhuh:

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Interesting point made King.

Humans by nature like to simplify things. Hence why stereotypes exist. It's easier to group individuls into one catergory and assign them all characteristics inferior to yourself. Now, with the chicken.. lol.. I think you hit it on the nail. That theory makes sense but it can also be applied to other races/cultures/communities. I guess we can conclude stereotypes are stupid, and that's what makes them so funny lol.

The Nigerian

Daps
Reppin
All The Way One Hunnid
Wait, you guys don't stereotype white people?

You're missing out... I suggest you all take a gander at VICE Magazine's YouTube page for some good laughs...

The Nigerian

Daps
Reppin
All The Way One Hunnid
As if you haven't seen a video of white people dancing and not laughed thinkin man it is true, they can't dance at all.
Go out to your local bar district on Saturday night and just stand there with your camera out and watch all the drunk white people trip over themselves and get in sloppy sissy fights.

If you really want a good laugh, take a camera to any event that requires whites drink a shyt ton. Sports, airshow, concert...etc. If it looks like you're shooting something important drunk whites will say ANYTHING on camera. ANYTHING!

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I've never really understood why, for example, white people would think that the stereotypes of black people being infatuated chicken, watermelons and grapes would be funny.. But then I started to think about it..

"What exactly is so funny about that? Is it just a white thing? Am I not able to understand because I'm black?"

But then I really started to think. Yes, WHY are these things funny? I know why. They're hilarious to non-blacks because to them you're nothing but a mindless ****** who can't help but love these things. It's almost as if it's in your genes to love these things. It's like you're an animal and have no real control or understanding of what you're doing to them. You're genetically predisposed to loving these things and there's nothing you can do about it.

I theorize that that's the reason why some people (whites especially) find these stereotypes funny. After all, what else am I supposed to think when these people themselves cannot even explain to me why they think it's funny? They themselves don't even understand why it's funny.

Good grief. :wow:

:childplease:

u dont laugh at dave chappelle makin fun of white people? fukk outta here

Emperor Sol

Knowledge and Wisdom
Daps
Reppin
CAN
:childplease:

u dont laugh at dave chappelle makin fun of white people? fukk outta here

d4837514_Point_over_your_head.jpeg