Have you ever befriended a gay nikka?

XannyWarbucks

Superstar
Daps
I live and work in NY and have a Dominican side in my family, so yes.

I don't really care by all measures. I've been hit on a couple of times, just take it as a compliment, and tell them I'm not gay and usually don't speak past that.
I don't understand crashing out over that shyt. I've seen a couple of dudes get in fights over that shyt and it always comes off like they're hiding something.

If it's some full-blown faq, different story. They're annoying so I try to get out of situations where I have to associate with them for longer than I'm required.

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
I was at an art Exhibit/ party one time just kicking it cuz my friends work was on display. Met a few cool people we had drinks but then one dude wanted my number and to hang out again. That's when I realized that I befriended a gay dude. Straight men know how to get cool without looking sus.

Ezekiel 25:17

Veteran
Daps
This is untrue, unless the only thing you talk about with dudes is how much you love vagina.

My gay homie and I actually...welp, I've just realized I'm about to pour jelly on myself. :francis:

We chat about wrestling all the time. :dame:

What you're saying is an anomaly. The vast majority of gay dudes there is no reason to be friends with.

And I like how you bring up vagina like that's the only thing dudes talk about 24/7 :dwillhuh::hhh:

Last edited:

Lord Beasley

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
469 x 972 x 702
Befriended implies you sought out the friendship. I've had friends who I found out were, but I wasn't in circles to seek them out.

And there's an unspoken understanding, as long as that's clear ain't no problem

Obligatory:dame:

desjardins

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Mustard Island
Unknowingly but they were just surface level friendships at work/school
Actually having a gay homie that I hang with voluntarily in my free time is wild
Not even on some homophobic tip but the chances we have a lot in common is just unlikely
Then the dude Shannon was hanging with looked "openly gay" borderline flamboyant, a straight man and that kind of gay man is just something you don't see a lot

maxamusa

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Old York
ec2kcxu.gif

AYO :dead:

maxamusa

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Old York
I live and work in NY and have a Dominican side in my family, so yes.

I don't really care by all measures. I've been hit on a couple of times, just take it as a compliment, and tell them I'm not gay and usually don't speak past that.
I don't understand crashing out over that shyt. I've seen a couple of dudes get in fights over that shyt and it always comes off like they're hiding something.

If it's some full-blown faq, different story. They're annoying so I try to get out of situations where I have to associate with them for longer than I'm required.

:what:

Mike809

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx
I had a gay friend growing up , when I was like 14 ...I used to go to his spot to play N64 , plus I have a gay cousin.

No issues with it as long as they keep it respectful.

ViShawn

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Not knowingly but I'm not anti-gay. Had a dude I met that just wanted to hang out with but later was trying to have a freak off with me :dame: had to cut him off.

Vandelay

Waxing Intellectual
Daps
Reppin
Phi Chi Connection
One of my homies growing up most likely gay. This nikka an actor and moved to ATL, so I know what time it is. Plus he be around mad women, yet hasn't smashed any of them. He steady talk about being in love with some chick from 15 years ago, about how she has his heart still...:martin:

But dude isn't effeminate, he actually cool as shyt and low-key could be a comedian. He come off like a funnier Jerrod Carmichael now that I think about it; not necessarily presenting gay, but when you think on it, you'll be like yeah...somethings up. My friend group just be like the nikka need to come out. We all mid-30s/early 40's, he's not socially awkward; I'm the most socially awkward nikka in my friend group and I been taking them down for 20 years. We all know lol.

Other than that, nah I really haven't knowingly befriended gay folks. Funny story, I had a gym trainer some years back and we got kinda cool. He would tell me stories about him smashing women, that sounded legit. But he moved funny around some of the dudes in the gym; like weird-ass silent stare downs. I think he was bi-sexual looking back; even his name was unisex LOL... Dude invited me to hang out one night, said he was going partying with these 2 chicks. I was like if it's any of the female trainers in the gym, I was definitely down for that, because most of them were bad. And I was like sure, but then I realized it was Pride Day or Pride Month, and I was like NOPE! Not even going to try and find out here.

I'm secure in who I am, my hang up is, I don't want people to take my kindness for gayness AND I don't want people to think I'm gay.