Have guys stopped approaching women in public?

J Money

No weapon formed against me shall prosper
Daps
Nah i dont think so, in fact i spit game at some chick this morning

I was reading Malcom X's autobiography on the train today, there was a sexy sista sitting on my right about 2 seats behind. I was just minding my own business until we got to the final stop. When i got up she got up same time and flashed me a smile. I said hey and started making talk...i was blown away when she then proceeded to say she saw i was reading Malcom's auto and recommended me some other black historical books by the likes of Elijah, Dr Claude Anderson man she was giving so many gems i cant even remember all of them. Saing people are becoming more enlightened, even called her own mother out on still worshipping white jesus. I thought this was wifeyyyyy right here :noah:

She then proceeded to tell me shes 11 years older than me smh mannn I cant win she looked my age and everything i was pissed the rest of the day

philmonroe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 215
This has to be a myth man. I'm shorter than you and I still get looks and shyt. Maybe I might just be funny looking but you gotta get out of your head, breh. While I do prefer the situation you described a closed mouth doesn't get fed. If more women got past the stigma of a woman approaching first then I feel we'd all be better off.
I don't think its myth but a excuse some use. Its gives you a small advantage at times because that's the question a girl will ask you. I got boys that are from 6'5-6'10 and they all get that when we go out but it hasn't made them some gods of macking or something. It does make it easier for girls to come up and have something to say though and they take advantage of it when they feeling the girl.

philmonroe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 215
:beli: I'm getting tired of u nikkas exaggerating the IR rate out here.

Black people still en mass prefer to date inside the race, especially Africans.

Anyway, @tizabelle, you're aight still, I'm surprised if u get absolutely NO attention, u must give of an anti vibe without u knowing it:francis:

What country are u from?
You gotta realize dudes are stupid when it comes to this. Dude outhere making it seem like 30% at best is the same as 70%. That means outta every 10 people getting married only 3 have IR partners but they don't think they worrying over stupid shyt. Smfh I don't even see that much IR that people on here would care about. Dudes lost

I apologize if I'm incorrect in my diatribe yet isn't the IR marriage rate amongst black men around or above 30 percent or more according to stats? And black women slightly lower but not too far behind?

Peace
No your not incorrect but when is 30 not the minority compared to 70 breh?

Peace

SadimirPutin

Superstar
Daps
I will break it down simply for you

The anti street harassment movement has gotten to the point where even simple greetings by men have been castigated as harassing women. Which is weird because I along with other men can acknowledge that while yes street harassment DOES OCCUR...some of the examples used have been absurdist and counterproductive to the supposed goal.

Secondly it should be noted that in the dating marketplace...if women see a man that they would be interested in striking up a conversation or interaction with they can make a first step. Everyone has finite time...shorten the distance between two points....

No one on earth is above having to PUT IN EFFORT to get what they want. The fact of the matter is that women have been allowed to be lazy under the silly premise that men should make the first move.

If you want to be approached more I am sorry to say you might have to adopt a more "pleasant and sunny demeanour"...I am not saying you have to put on a fake smile but we can all take steps to seem more outgoing. If you are an introvert(note this is different than a fukking recluse) this may take more time but it is achievable.

Daps
Reppin
StoicPhilosphers
If you want to help a dude to approach you then like you already do, get in his line of sight, stand close to him, give him eye contact or glance at him a couple times. That's gonna be a definite green light for him to step to you and say hey or what's up. You can also shoot a smile to a man you are interested in.

I approach women, but a lot of them do not respond when I text them. If I get the number early in the day, I'll text them later in the evening or afternoon. If I get the number in the afternoon I'll text them around 10 am or so the following day. I'd rather call but chicks my age like texting more.

I am by no means ugly, I'm tall with lean muscle and I'm not socially awkward either so I don't know why I get a lot of flakes. I ain't chasing after girls that don't show me signs either.

Don't listen to most of these dudes. All that harassment bullsh won't stop them from approaching a dime chick if she gives them strong signals to come over. Why not waving at the dude to walk over to you with a smile after you've made eye contact a few times?

I've had more success with women that I talked with several times before getting their numbers, but I can't do that with a woman I might never see again.
Women breh hit your market.....the one that are likely to be looking for your personality cz at the end of the day are the ones you will fuxk.....trust me been there....

DarkHorse23

Banned
Daps
Going approach this woman today i work with on some "write your number down, i'm taking you out next week."

Hopefully it works :yeshrug:

She's super fine though :ehh:

2012-2014 i did a lot of cold approaches. Now in 2016 i'll reserve them only for chicks that make me feel like :ohhh:.

:ufdup: You average females with bad attitudes and entitlement issues won't be receiving that from me.

Against my better judgement, going to start in March(tomorrow) approaching women again.

:ufdup: Still going be VERY selective though.

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
Yeah, the issue is social. The default reaction always seems to be "maybe Im not hot enough" but that's not the problem. Even if a girl is a 3, there are a huge population of guys from 1-5 that would accept her physically.

If she isn't getting approached, she is either subconsciously telling people not to approach her or she's not putting herself in any kind of situation where people could approach her.

One girl walks into Starbucks, stares at her phone while she is in line, orders her drink with no small talk to the cashier, stares at her phone more while her drink is being prepared, then takes her drink and walks out.

Another girl walks into Starbucks and tells the girl next to her in line that she likes her jacket. When she gets to the front of the line, she smiles and engages the cashier in some conversation. She stands and waits for her drink and maybe softly hums a new song she likes, then gets her drink and thanks the person and smiles.

Girl 1 wonders why no one ever notices her, Girl 2 thinks finding guys is easy.
Truth, and i cant even lie i see this a LOT and i'm guilty of it too

Behind-the-wheel

Living dead
Daps
Reppin
Death
I will break it down simply for you

If you want to be approached more I am sorry to say you might have to adopt a more "pleasant and sunny demeanour"...I am not saying you have to put on a fake smile but we can all take steps to seem more outgoing. If you are an introvert(note this is different than a fukking recluse) this may take more time but it is achievable.

This right here is my problem in a nutshell.
I'm a mean sonofabytch...and I dont smile...ever.
I feel like if I did I'd be faking and frontin on how I really feel...which is angry most of the time.
The only people that really ever get me to smile is my wife and kid on the daily.
I did get a look from a sista in a car in the lane opposite of me this morning, our cars were next to each other in traffic and she looked over across the double-yellow but then the lights turned green and we were on our separate ways.
:blessed:
I guess that's something...

NolivesMatters

involuntary celibate since 2006
Daps
Reppin
College is overrated sell dope instead
People need to be direct. That body language, signs and hints can get misinterpreted & a ambigious form of communication

Example 1 : in 2003 I was riding around with my cousin on a hot night in the street of South Central. Well she could considered promiscuous. She seen this old man that was suppose to work on her car and they had a brief conversation & she said "You like how these shorts look on my body" to the old man he said yes. When she pulled off she said "He thinks I want his ass":comeon:
Old man thought he was a pimp but don't realized he was being flirted with because she wanted her car worked on.