Has there ever been an RPG based on old African or Native American themes?

Box Cutta

Bumbling Sidekick
Daps
Reppin
Sanitation Department
why would there be?

Because African and Native American Mythology is deep, interesting, and unique?

I understand where the OP is coming from....nobody else is sick of fukking tired of Elves, Dwarves, Dragons, Lord of the Rings based stuff? All of this stuff is basically just Tolkien stuff being re-used and used and used again. Hell, I'd make the argument that we could use a revolution in traditional European based fantasy stories as well, but that's a different subject.

Back to African tradition, I would love something based on Sundiata. Or, imagine a skyrim type wrpg game, where you run across this African legend. I don't claim to be an expert on African religion or mythology mind you, these are just two of the more popular things that I just happen to know of. Like every other culture, traditional African cultures had their own kinds of vampires, their own giants, their own sea creatures, etc etc etc. I think what the OP is getting at is, would it not be a change of pace to look into some of that stuff for once, instead of just having another sword and sandals, tolkien based, "Elves versus Men" type thing.

SuikodenII

Where's Suikoden VI??????
Daps
PS2 rpg. You don't have to but I would recommend it. The first 3 of the series are good games.
DO NOT play Suikoden IV.

1-3 and 5 are must plays............iv is for the die hard fans :mjpls:

as is tactics and tierkis (sp?)

Danie84

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Because African and Native American Mythology is deep, interesting, and unique?

I understand where the OP is coming from....nobody else is sick of fukking tired of Elves, Dwarves, Dragons, Lord of the Rings based stuff? All of this stuff is basically just Tolkien stuff being re-used and used and used again. Hell, I'd make the argument that we could use a revolution in traditional European based fantasy stories as well, but that's a different subject.

Back to African tradition, I would love something based on Sundiata. Or, imagine a skyrim type wrpg game, where you run across this African legend. I don't claim to be an expert on African religion or mythology mind you, these are just two of the more popular things that I just happen to know of. Like every other culture, traditional African cultures had their own kinds of vampires, their own giants, their own sea creatures, etc etc etc. I think what the OP is getting at is, would it not be a change of pace to look into some of that stuff for once, instead of just having another sword and sandals, tolkien based, "Elves versus Men" type thing.

They could do something on the Kemetian culture. :yeshrug:

Ice Cold

King of Blades
Daps
Does Outland count?
They never come out and say it but it seems like an African setting imo at least