Has there ever been a game with a crazy fall of as Cyberpunk?

Koba St

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
This was a game that before was released was touted as one of the biggest games of last gen. Everyone was expecting the game to be a landmark title, reinvent gaming, get GOTY everywhere and cement CD Project Red as one of gaming’s most respected developers.

Instead it was a buggy mess, they brought nothing new to the table, even outside the bugs the game it’s,Ed wasn’t that good and the game became a joke, sales were high at first but quickly fell off and the CD Project Red’s reputation is now destroyed. I can’t remember the last game with this much hype and expectation falling off like this.

Koba St

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Anthem and Mass Effect Andromeda ironically from the same devs

Avengers was pretty bad also. I think the only difference is they didn’t announce those games like 8 years prior so the expectations weren’t as high
I don’t think Avengers had the same hype as Cyberpunk. People were already down on the game from the bland looking characters.

Detroit Wave

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The D
Copped on steam sale and shyt was T-Pose city:scust: mad and I played more than 2 hrs so I can’t get a refund:mjcry: ima have to beat this shyt outta spite

• Dap
Reactions: B86

boriquaking

In Sauce We Trust!
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Big Gete Star
Anthem and Mass Effect Andromeda ironically from the same devs

Avengers was pretty bad also. I think the only difference is they didn’t announce those games like 8 years prior so the expectations weren’t as high
Avengers wasn’t nearly as hyped and wasn’t nearly as disappointing.

ALonelyDad

Veteran
Daps
I cant think of one, Cyberpunk had crazy hype. Some people were putting it above GTA before it even came out.

I wasn't even checking for the game but did because of the build up, I ended up enjoying it through:yeshrug: