Has Gaming Hit It's Peak in the 'Gameplay' Category?

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
We'll have see with Sony's first party exclusives that take advantage of the PS5's SSD and the new compression technology that boosts its speeds to 17.38 GB/s
:patrice:
I'm not going to downplay the SSD's impact on gameplay because I've seen a lot of hype for this. I don't get it, but I'm not an expert

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Absolutely not, it'll be the opposite this gen of what you're thinking. Gameplay has hit a wall since this gen started. Peaked the gen before. And gameplay has hit these walls due to limited power in the CPUs. Halo 1 Xbox vs Halo 1 on PC are totally different experiences because the Ai acts radically different due to the beefed up cpu.

Halo 5 is the first console Halo I've played that matched what I fondly recall when I played thru Halo 1 PC many many moons ago. And this gen we'll see that leap across all titles. Madden and 2k won't look vastly different but they'll play differently assuming they put in the work. TBC
Your perspective is interesting, so the key to unlocking new experiences is making the game's AI smarter and dynamic.

:ehh:

Thanos

?
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
I think there going to be stepback from realism and revisiting motion/motion capturing aspects very shortly, but we definitely haven't capped out on gameplay.

ABlackMan

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Hood America
That sounds cool in theory, but might be annoying in a game.

What Rainbow Six Siege brought this gen was the most innovative mix of realism, fukkery and attention to detail I've seen in a shooter in a long time.
I gotta get that shyt everybody tells me about it then it just becomes an after thought! Putting on list now.

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
Your perspective is interesting, so the key to unlocking new experiences is making the game's AI smarter and dynamic.

:ehh:
Absolutely, I literally had to outsmart every enemy instead of just blast and dodge. Halo 5's campaign has similar Ai but the story was not compelling. Halo infinite will be considered the best Halo because of this imo

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
I think games need adaptive AI..In sports games you can run the same plays over and over and get the same results. I'm like none of these high rated defenders can see what's going on?

Some games already have adaptive AI. Fight Night had adaptive AI and that was 2 gens ago.

The real reason gameplay has capped out is because devs have to destroy and rebuild so often. If they were able to keep compiling data instead of needing to scrap engines constantly then features that were already introduced wouldn’t be lost in transition. Sports games are a perfect example, they constantly go through the same cycle of being barebones when they go to next gen and slowly get better, then start over. As opposed to carrying over the features that were already there, features are taken away and replaced.

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
Some games already have adaptive AI. Fight Night had adaptive AI and that was 2 gens ago.

The real reason gameplay has capped out is because devs have to destroy and rebuild so often. If they were able to keep compiling data instead of needing to scrap engines constantly then features that were already introduced wouldn’t be lost in transition. Sports games are a perfect example, they constantly go through the same cycle of being barebones when they go to next gen and slowly get better, then start over. As opposed to carrying over the features that were already there, features are taken away and replaced.
Ai i and physics is a cpu thing, and we've had the biggest jump in cpu in console history so let the games begin :banderas:

Batsute

The Lion Choker
Daps
Reppin
#Hololive
No the problem is no one is truly innovating. It’s basically gets to the next checkpoint next cinematic rinse repeat.

The next big thing is gonna be asymmetrical gaming, where in game actions are made by you affect the world and other players actions can effect choices in single player experiences thus creating new narratives.