Has anything had a more detrimental effect on our community than podcasts in the last 5 years?

LordOfTheTalentedAndLazy

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Podcasts have been going since way back in 2012, and I honestly don't remember a lot of real "toxic" type podcasts being around until recent times, particularly post-covid :yeshrug:

Everyone has the option to step back from a podcast and think for themselves :yeshrug:

What you don't get is the option to fix other real world big picture problems, like deflating the economy and lowering prices to make houses/rent and therefore life more affordable for example.

A lot of this anger online is just a function of people just trying to cope with their lives and relationships not panning out the way they want them to in a world that's changing in ways that are making folks anxious, depressed and just uncomfortable overall. People as a whole weren't angry like this 10 years ago.

Toxic podcasts are more a symptom of people living inside of a society that's getting sicker, as opposed a cause I would say.

BaggerofTea

Veteran
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Has OP verified their race?

Always talking this "we" and "our" shyt when it comes to negativity

King Poetic

The D.O.G.( Disciple of God)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles County, California
I was in the hood food spot and im in there over hearing some nikka say to others bragging about having his own podcast like he was some martin on a radio station

I went to the YouTube page and nikka got like 300 views on like 4 videos :stopitslime: with a bunch of rambling..

Then I realized this is why so many places are looking for employees and why i see LA streets be so empty, because everyone is inside trying to do a podcast with shytty material and not even benefiting off of it.. and this is why Charleston White eating, because these horrible podcast give they check to him in order to have people subscribe to their horrible platform

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
The internet in general has been an abused tool. I know the thread premise is trolling but that's the truth. It's something people are using wrong then blaming it for their inherent weakness of character. Look at what became of clubhouse. A so-called networking tool. And podcast content being driven to gossip. You are the sum of your digital footprint. Nobody to blame. If we can't govern ourselves then we don't deserve access to all this shyt if it just makes us worse people. Humanity is failing itself

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
I was in the hood food spot and im in there over hearing some nikka say to others bragging about having his own podcast like he was some martin on a radio station

I went to the YouTube page and nikka got like 300 views on like 4 videos :stopitslime: with a bunch of rambling..

Then I realized this is why so many places are looking for employees and why i see LA streets be so empty, because everyone is inside trying to do a podcast with shytty material and not even benefiting off of it.. and this is why Charleston White eating, because these horrible podcast give they check to him in order to have people subscribe to their horrible platform
Cream rises. The rest will fail and falter. But nobody is being forced to tune into this shyt just because it is available. Content creators are not the only problem. People who actually take their free time and spend it watching dudes talk about nothing have no value for their own time.

The elites has sought to keep the masses preoccupied with work to not have time to think and organize etc. Then people get free time and spend it on gossip and mindless entertainment. They have lost the will to escape the matrix. :yeshrug:

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
Worldstarhiphop
Rap music
Instagram
Weed
Men with no clue how to choose a mother for their children