Has anyone really stopped talking to one of their parents for a long amount of time?

KplusK

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NYC
There was a point when i didnt talk to my moms for like over a year and i mean no communitcation at. Even now that im older i probly talk to her every few weeks sometimes even longer.It just seems strange that when your younger your always in contact then all of a sudden talks go far and in between. or maybe its just me.

Classy X

Krispy Kreme Head
Daps
I haven't talked to my dad in like forever.

But, shyt, ain't like his ass talked to me growing up.

So, it's mutually understandable.

KplusK

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NYC
i dont mean never talked to them or seen them at all i mean had a relationship grew up with them and cause of some falling out dont speak anymore.**** ive had 4 conversations with my father my whole life that ish dont count.

Heafcliffe

Hope there's puddin' in the clink...
Daps
Reppin
Districto de Columbia
Yeah, went 6 months w/o talking to ma. Called, left vcmls, texted but no response so I was like :ufdup: and gave up calling during that time. shyt, phone works both ways. Then when she called, she was on some "why haven't you called?" :rudy:

Ronnie Lott

#49erGang
Daps
I had a huge fallin out wit moms last yr. Moms was dead azz wrong and came at me super disrespectful and lied on me. I didnt speak to her for 4 months.I saw her a few times within that 4 month period at my gramas house and at my aunties house , I didn't say anything to her and didn't even look at her. It might sound cold ,but it was justified based on her actions.

It took my uncle to set up a meeting with all 3 of us for it to be squashed. Still to this day I lightweight hold a mini grudge on moms for the crazy shyyt she did and said. We coo tho:obama:

Handsback

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Damn I thought I was the only person that didn't talk to their mom. Haven't seen her since 06.

KplusK

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Yeah, went 6 months w/o talking to ma. Called, left vcmls, texted but no response so I was like :ufdup: and gave up calling during that time. shyt, phone works both ways. Then when she called, she was on some "why haven't you called?" :rudy:

word thas what im on now. i call you 1st week in jan then 3rd week then im good dont hear from you in a while then get a message on facebook "you cant call your mother" **** be killing me cause last time we spoke i called you :beli:

emac

Rookie
Daps
I cant imagine not talkin to moms, although I cant anyway (RIP). I stopped talkin to pops after she passed. Just kept workin and goin to school, buryin all my grief and what not into that. He'd call, I wouldnt answer, it got so bad I stopped talkin to my brothers and sister. I finally caught up with him and them like 3 or 4 years ago. Pops said to me "I know what your doing, and it aint right. If you dont want to talk to me fine, but when I call you its not to say hi, hows the weather. So go ahead and do what you want to do." I said OK. I havent talked to him since. He's still gave the occasional call, I just dont pick up. I know one day im gonna miss that one call. Either from my siblings or him stating someones dead. I'll deal with that shyt when it comes.

Theres no beef, honestly im an a$$hole for treating him like that. I try to justify it by sayin he has 2 other sons, but that dont make it right. Id be hurt if I had a seed to just wrote me off. I lived with him and my moms since birth until I graduated and moved out. We werent on some family matters shyt but we were never at each others throats. I dont know...I guess the games fukked up.

Ronnie Lott

#49erGang
Daps
I cant imagine not talkin to moms, although I cant anyway (RIP). I stopped talkin to pops after she passed. Just kept workin and goin to school, buryin all my grief and what not into that. He'd call, I wouldnt answer, it got so bad I stopped talkin to my brothers and sister. I finally caught up with him and them like 3 or 4 years ago. Pops said to me "I know what your doing, and it aint right. If you dont want to talk to me fine, but when I call you its not to say hi, hows the weather. So go ahead and do what you want to do." I said OK. I havent talked to him since. He's still gave the occasional call, I just dont pick up. I know one day im gonna miss that one call. Either from my siblings or him stating someones dead. I'll deal with that shyt when it comes.

Theres no beef, honestly im an a$$hole for treating him like that. I try to justify it by sayin he has 2 other sons, but that dont make it right. Id be hurt if I had a seed to just wrote me off. I lived with him and my moms since birth until I graduated and moved out. We werent on some family matters shyt but we were never at each others throats. I dont know...I guess the games fukked up.

So what's the reason why u don't talk 2 your pops? What's the issue?

Carter G. Hoodson

Tarik is my name ✊✊✊
Daps
Reppin
East Orange, NJ
yeah my pops...It was stupid though. At the end of the day, he provided for my brothers and sister. He did his job. I had no reason to feel some type of way cus he never felt some type of way when he had to get up in the morning to take care of us. Alot stuff that I done in the past was stupid. I appreciate them both.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EhaZU-ZjUI8[/ame]

Remember him buying this cd and he would sing the hell out of this song while I was on the keys..memories

Love ya family yall

wutang512

Banned
Daps
Reppin
my cousins yes but thats because they busy and im busy with school

my parents or siblings never

MR. SNIFLES

**** YOU THUNDAAAAAAAAAAH
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
THUNDER BUDDIES
ME AND MY DAD ARE ALWAYS OFF AND ON. I DON'T PAY HIM MUCH MIND THOUGH. HE HASN'T CALLED ME SINCE ABOUT CHRISTMAS. HE'S ALMOST NEVER ANSWERED MY CALLS SINCE I'VE KNOWN HIM SO I JUST KEEP IT MOVING.

Soundbwoy

Accept to take the L
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Montreal
I havent talked to my dad in 3 yrs , nicca remember he had a son and wanted to build a relationship when i was 25yrs living on my own, I told him it was too late he wasnt there when I needed him to guide me