Has anybody else fell off as hard promo wise as the rock?

MushroomX

Packers Stockholder
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wisconsin
Dwayne has never really recovered from Cena's shot of him writing notes on his wrist. After that, it's just been by-the-numbers, make Dwayne look strong on the Mic.

If someone was to say, "You came crawling back to the WWE just like you went crawling back to Vin.", I think Dwayne would outright never show his face on WWE Programming ever again.

The Black Adam fukk-up is going to live forever with him.

Cladyclad

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit Lions, Michigan Wolverines & LWO
Dwayne has never really recovered from Cena's shot of him writing notes on his wrist. After that, it's just been by-the-numbers, make Dwayne look strong on the Mic.

If someone was to say, "You came crawling back to the WWE just like you went crawling back to Vin.", I think Dwayne would outright never show his face on WWE Programming ever again.

The Black Adam fukk-up is going to live forever with him.
If Roman say that lol

oh boy lol

DANJ!

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
When you are at his level its no point reinventing the wheel.. people want to hear him play the hits.

This...

Rock has said and done silly stuff forever... it's just not as funny to people at 30+ than it was when they were 12. Rock's appeal has always been that he can pull off jokes that someone else would've failed at. He's always been catchphrases and juvenile humor, not sure why he would be expected to change it now.

Chris Cool

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So Cal
This...

Rock has said and done silly stuff forever... it's just not as funny to people at 30+ than it was when they were 12. Rock's appeal has always been that he can pull off jokes that someone else would've failed at. He's always been catchphrases and juvenile humor, not sure why he would be expected to change it now.
Old Rock is still funny. Bald Rock is corny. It is not the same.

TheGreatShowtime

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Swamp
The 'Black Adam' fallout was pretty weird and I think Hollywood was taking notice.

Black Adam was legitimately one of the worst movies I ever saw. He's basically "The Rock" in every movie, so it's not surprising people are getting tired of it.

841.jpg

Norrin Radd

To me, my board!
Daps
Reppin
Zenn-La
I think it’s a combination of WWE going PG and shyt that was funny back in the day ain’t as funny now.