Harvard Won't Give Cornel West Tenure

EndDomination

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

Cornel West threatens to leave Harvard again - The Boston Globe

Harvard University professor Cornel West, the well known philosopher, progressive political activist, and outspoken social critic, is threatening to leave Harvard University after he said the administration disrespected him by denying his request to be considered for tenure.

West, 67, said the administration offered him a prestigious endowed chair with a 10-year contract and a pay raise, but he is not interested.

The controversy comes during a time of increased scrutiny of Harvard’s tenure process. In January of last year, more than 100 faculty signed a letter to Claudine Gay, dean for the faculty of arts and sciences, that prompted her to open an inquiry into the process.

The professors called for a review that took into account the university’s commitment to diversity and inclusion. Longstanding criticisms of the process boiled over in 2019, when hundreds of scholars protested Harvard’s decision to deny tenure to Lorgia García Peña, an ethnic studies scholar whose work involves race and ethnicity.

Asicz

Presume the unpredictable
Daps
Interesting how the Liberal Democrats PAC MoveOn USA members collaborated with the Harvard Kennedy School of Public Policy (Recently published a hit piece paper attacking #ADOS online movement)

And Cornel West has always been critical of Obama and the Clintons, supported Bernie Sanders and appeared as speaker at the #ADOS conference whose founders critique Harris' canidacy.

And throw in good old anti Black racism in there.

Last edited:

DropTopDoc

20/20 Vision With my Buffs On
Daps
Reppin
South Side Chicago to Nola
:manny: I tried to get him to speak at my chiropractic school and that nikka refused to come down on his price and things he demanded to speak, I’m all for getting it how you live, but every school doesn’t have that capital allotted towards a black organization, I’m sure he’s a good guy and has his detractors, but that whole ordeal turned me away

EBK String

Better Ring String
Supporter
Daps
:manny: I tried to get him to speak at my chiropractic school and that nikka refused to come down on his price and things he demanded to speak, I’m all for getting it how you live, but every school doesn’t have that capital allotted towards a black organization, I’m sure he’s a good guy and has his detractors, but that whole ordeal turned me away

:dahell:

He is a world renowned scholar he didn't want to speak at a chiropractor school, instead of being rude he just made demands he knew you couldn't meet.

DropTopDoc

20/20 Vision With my Buffs On
Daps
Reppin
South Side Chicago to Nola
Can’t help but think it’s because he supports ADOS. Some Harvard people released a smear article a month ago on ADOS and I think those blue checks got Harvard to deny him tenure. When he said it’s political it’s probably why. Smh.

Harvard don’t give a fukk about that, he’s probably a curmudgeon and it don’t make sense to grant tenure to a 70 year old professor who’s gonna lay back in the cut collect a check and work on his books

EndDomination

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Interesting how the Liberal Democrats MoveOn.org are with the Harvard Kennedy School. (Recently published an hit piece paper attacking #ADOS online movement)

And Cornell West has always been critical of Obama and the Clintons supported Bernie Sanders and appeared as speaker at the #ADOS conference whose founders critique Harris canidacy.

And throw in good old anti Black racism in there.
They've had a problem with him being outspoken for years - his support of their staff and faculty unions, his anti-Zionism, and his pro-Blackness - he got into it with Summers over a decade ago and left the first time.

That being said I don't think MoveOn.org is a Dem organization, or with the HKS - they just published some nonsense in collaboration with the school.

EndDomination

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Harvard don’t give a fukk about that, he’s probably a curmudgeon and it don’t make sense to grant tenure to a 70 year old professor who’s gonna lay back in the cut collect a check and work on his books
He teaches a couple of classes every semester and publishes frequently - that's exactly what higher-ed institutions want.

Trust me on this, its racism, Zionism, and him being too comfortable calling them out about affirmative action and labor issues.

69 others

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

So you're turned away from a man's message cause you could not afford his service:hhh: you would of sounded less of a bytch if you just said you don't believe in the man or message but you were trying to get him to speak at your school so.....

Toe Jay Simpson

Searchin’
Daps
Reppin
Carmel City

Props to you for being successful breh but at the same time :dead:

“Much like the backs of patients YOU the graduating class of 2020 must crack and readjust the spine of America and it’s deeply entrenched tissues of inequality”