• Life

Votes: 55 53.4%
  • osu sucks

Votes: 5 4.9%

• Total voters
Daps
Reppin
Toledo, OH
LIFE was the beginning of Martin's :flabbynsick: his weight never recovered after that movie, it was made only a year after Martin sitcom left the air

JCalli

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Both Eddie Murphy and the movie combined received two Golden Raspberry Award nominations for the film for both Worst Director and Worst Screenplay with Murphy and the movie winning for the latter.

By his own admission, Eddie Murphy felt that he didn't dedicate enough thought or care to the directing of his debut. He was more concerned at the time with figuring out where the next party was going to be.

The movie won Worst Picture at the Hastings Bad Cinema Society's 12th Stinkers Bad Movie Awards in 1989.

According to TV Tropes, "after this movie's failure, Eddie Murphy's career wouldn't recover until the 1996 remake of The Nutty Professor

Despite a fair gross, the film was considered a box office disappointment by the studio, earning roughly half of Murphy's earlier box office successes Coming to America and Beverly Hills Cop II from the previous two years.

I know it caught a lot of hate by critics and such when it dropped, but when I ever gave a fukk about these people say? They hold no weight on my opinion of a film.

My dad, uncle, sheeiit all my family fukked with this flick hard. All my peoples fukked with this flick. On the real, Harlem Nights ain't gonna appeal to the wider audience of say, Beverly Hills Cop. Its too hood.....sure as hell ain't gonna win no awards :heh:.

Its the same with Breakin (1984) for example, that flick got slaughtered by the "critics". Again, everyone fukked with that flick HARD!

In summary, fukk a critic :pacspit:

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
LIFE was the beginning of Martin's :flabbynsick: his weight never recovered after that movie, it was made only a year after Martin sitcom left the air
Life is still Martin's best movie to date..I know him and Eddie have it in them to make that classic old black man comedy

Daps
Reppin
Toledo, OH
Life is still Martin's best movie to date..I know him and Eddie have it in them to make that classic old black man comedy

dy2kb6.jpg

34pl0sk.jpg

DrexlersFade

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Both are classics but this the best scene between either movie!

What the fukk is this kid doing in here get the fukk outta here before I kick yo ass

Now tell that old, frog face, gravel voiced dude to take his, slow walking ass on out there and bring back the money. Tell him!" :mjlol:

im listening...:russ:

Last edited:

lamont614

Superstar
Daps
I always felt that Life was somehow a spiritual successor to Harlem Nights...and really there needs to be another ensemble comedy like it outside of the Think Like a Man troupe.

Which do you prefer

Life

I thought Harlem nights was trash :unimpressed:

lamont614

Superstar
Daps
I've seen Harlem Nights, but I've never seen Life. Don't attack me, :whoa:Yes, I know that's horrible. But for some reason I never did.

Is it on Netflix or any other place?

I see it on TBS or USA at times, but I refuse to watch it w/ everything edited out of it.

I just watched it on cinemax