Strictly For My Lurkas...
Life over harlem nights?

full

Ed MOTHEREFFING G

Chances make champions
Daps
Reppin
206 x 734
Man Harlem Nights isn't getting a lot of love I see. I'm going with that one easily. All of those comics in top form, the 30s vibe the gangster stuff the oceans 11 style plan, and that scene in the alley which was already mentioned but the scene with Arsenio Hall, Miguel Nunez, Eddie Murphy and the other dude "shooting that little shyt" is hilarious
just the cast man...it was an awesome bridge of yesterdays' comics to tomorrows with Pryor, Redd / Eddie, and Robin Harris.

Rigby.

The #1 Rated Mixtape of all Time
Daps
Reppin
JordanHareStadium
I seen both once, so its hard to form a real opinion

I seen Harlem Nights 5 days ago so I'm going with that

threattonature

Veteran
Daps
Damn great comparison and I love both movies. Going with Life by a hair but both had some classic ass moments. I just think that Life had more consistent laughs throughout while Harlem Nights had a few dry stretches. Crazy that Richard Pryor was the straight man in it but still had some funny ass parts. Especially the opening "gone head and throw the dice you snaggle tooth muthafukka".

Props to Eddie Murphy. I feel he don't get near enough credit for trying to put other comics on. Besides the dudes in these movies also put on Chappelle in Nutty Professor and Chris Rock in Boomerang. I think in both cases was their first major look.

And on the low I think Della Reese stole the show in Harlem Nights. Her arguments with Redd Foxx, the alley scene, and her talking about Sunshine p*ssy.

AITheAnswerAI

Ethereous one
Supporter
Daps
I say Life.

Harlem Nights was good, but I felt like it could have been a lot better. Richard Pryor wasn't very good in it, I dunno if it was because of his health or the fact he's always been a shytty actor.

Majestic Pape

The-Coli = W SOHH = L
Daps
I always felt that Life was somehow a spiritual successor to Harlem Nights...and really there needs to be another ensemble comedy like it outside of the Think Like a Man troupe.

Which do you prefer
There's been a few ensemble comedies since, people just didn't like them to that extent (even though I felt they were hilarious).

There was Death At A Funeral. I think Welcome Home Roscoe Jenkins and Norbit would fit in the category too even though they were led by Martin and Eddie respectively.