Happy 20th birthday PS2

nairdas

I've Destroyed Whole Planets
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Might be the GOAT system. Imagine if the would have had online back then like they do now :wow::wow:

I still have a lot of my ps2 games. FFX, Devil May Cry 1 & 3, FFX-2 (fukk you that battle system was fun :pacspit:), Metal Gear Solid 3, Onimusha 1, 2, & 3, Tekken 5, Tekken Tag Tournament, Star Ocean 3, etc. Ps2's catalog is ridiculous.

My dad bought that for me on a random day in like april I think. I was going to EB games to buy a game for the Dreamcast and I showed him it and he was like that's all it costs? :dwillhuh: You can gon ahead and get it now. :smugbiden: I was like :gladbron::wow::banderas:. Got it with Onimusha and something else I can't remember what tho. What a day.

Human Torch

Byrd Gang 🦅
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philly born. PG raised
I remember my parents went out the night it released and came back with nothing cuz there were shortages :francis:

I remember finally getting it ther xmas with the bouncer :mjgrin:

I remember playing Madden 2001 for the first time and thinking it couldn’t get realer than that :mjcry:

I remember Socom and GTA and Driver and ratchet & clank, jak & daxter, blockbuster Fridays, the purple disc, nba live vs 2k, MGS2....

I can go on

Edit: had to come back to mention SSX Tricky, NBA street, ICO,

edit again: NCAA FOOTBALL, College Hoops

it’s really not even close
really the goat system brehs :mjcry:

• Dap
Reactions: 19-

Baka's Weird Case

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Goon Squad - Catset
GOAT console

so many memories with jak and daxter, mgs 2, san andreas, god of war, shadow of the colossus and ico, katamari, smt nocturne, just a great console straight up and down

Daps
YOOOO

You played Beat Down fists of vengeance?! :mindblown:

That game was the shyt. Brawler mode for the grunts and straight 1 v 1 fighter for boss fights, customize your character, make a party of your own and brawl out:noah:

Thank god for emulation :steviej:

The Bouncer

Bully

Wild Arms 3

wooooo the memories :wow:

Wild Arms 3 would change the anime opening as you went through the game, updating key story beats. Never saw something like that every again. :wow:

Yeah breh, I beat Beatdown for the 1st time couple months back with that chick that look like Christie from Tekken.

The Bouncer is one of my fav beat em ups despite the bad reviews. I have fond memories playing two player mode with a 3 Duragon team.

Did you hear the rumor of Bully 2?

I have the whole Wild Arms series but I put in the most hours in WA3. There was also a whitsle and vocal version of the anime outro for when you turn off the game.

Rancor

Pro
Daps
I got my ps2 in the summer of '03 when I was 15. First game was NBA Street Vol. 2. Played that game for hours!! The soundtrack was crazy!

I still got my ps2 hooked up to my tv. I got my 32 inch LG tv in 2011 so it still has av inputs. I've been wanting a new tv for years now but don't want to ditch those av inputs because I still play my GameCube, ps2, n64, Dreamcast and XBox.

I just bought Rayman 2 Revolution the other day from ebay. I had Rayman 2 for PS1 back when I was a kid but wanted to replay it. I heard Rayman 2 Revolution was just Rayman 2 with better graphics so I copped.

MGS 2, MGS 3, Virtua Fighter 4/evolution, Gran Turismo 3/4, GTA, Manhunt, Jak and Daxter.. man the list goes on...

Goat console

SmarkMero

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The last true great console :wow:G.O.A.T Game catalogue.

My brother put my name down (without me knowing) on the pre-order and by force I had to save up and cop.

:ohlawd::noah:

Last edited:

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
My launch system couldn't read dvds only cds. Tekken tag used dvd, i got home, went to a neighbor's house where we was like 8 deep, hyped, disc read error out the box.

I had the same issue, disc read error out the box. And I was young and scared to tell my mom about it so she could replace it cause I thought she would assume me and my bro broke it.

I found out later that the system would only read DVDs if the console was standing vertically for some reason. That system still lasted me till the end of the generation. Never found out why it wouldn't read disc while laying flat.