Happy 20th birthday PS2

Tim Lord

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
First console I bought on launch day ( North American launch)

Everyone you know had a PS2.

First time playing Madden, first time watching a DVD, and first time playing GTA 3 were experiences i’ll never forget. DMC 1 and MGS2 were unreal too.

Legendary system.

Rozay Oro

2 Peter 3:9 if you don’t know God
Supporter
Daps
Last game I played was shadow of the colussus few years ago thanks to eBay. Then Sony remakes it lol.

mr.africa

Veteran
Daps
was disappointed with this console for a year (yeah, ssx was good) until this game arrived
favourite racing title
!!e!UsvwBGM~$(KGrHqMOKpoE0U8DDwSGBNP3juR8F!~~_35.JPG

this for me was the first PS2 title that finally graphically outdid the best looking dreamcast games,and it played incredible.
after this though, man the PS2 picked up steam and never looked back.

favourite fighting title
39675-virtua-fighter-4-playstation-2-front-cover.jpg

best action title
220px-Mgs3box.jpg

best game on the fukking console (spent years playing this series from PES 2 to PES 6)
ps2_proevolutionsoccer5_de_thumb.jpg

a lot of quality games i have not mentioned

as a sega head i really wanted to hate this console with my whole being, but i ended up liking it quite a lot.

Tenchi Ryu

Ashtray B!tch
Daps
Reppin
Chicago - SouthSide - Wild 100s
It is a shame the ps1 mini flop because a ps2 mini would be crack
Ps2 needs some kind of update worse than any other console....everything else has found some kind of HD revival either with mods or backwards compat....PS2 games look atrocious at 480i....and other than component cables which only enhance like 100 games the best you're gonna get is using a emulator and having a becoming harder to find OG ps3 that has back compat.

Modding community supposed to be working on a proper ps2hdmi mod similar to what the dreamcast and gamecube got....god knows it needs it

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
was disappointed with this console for a year (yeah, ssx was good) until this game arrived
favourite racing title
!!e!UsvwBGM~$(KGrHqMOKpoE0U8DDwSGBNP3juR8F!~~_35.JPG

this for me was the first PS2 title that finally graphically outdid the best looking dreamcast games,and it played incredible.
after this though, man the PS2 picked up steam and never looked back.

favourite fighting title
39675-virtua-fighter-4-playstation-2-front-cover.jpg

best action title
220px-Mgs3box.jpg

best game on the fukking console (spent years playing this series from PES 2 to PES 6)
ps2_proevolutionsoccer5_de_thumb.jpg

a lot of quality games i have not mentioned

as a sega head i really wanted to hate this console with my whole being, but i ended up liking it quite a lot.
Funny thing is. For me it was the opposite. I wanted to hate the Dreamcast but me being a person who always have to have every console I copped it at launch and the shyt blew me away. I was pissed it didn’t last. PS2 is the GOAT tho.

Black Lightning

Superstar
Daps
Funny thing is. For me it was the opposite. I wanted to hate the Dreamcast but me being a person who always have to have every console I copped it at launch and the shyt blew me away. I was pissed it didn’t last. PS2 is the GOAT tho.

Dreamcast will always hold a special place in my heart.

It's a shame SEGA didn't make a second one.

Afro

Student of life
Supporter
Daps
I'm still buying PS2 games like they are new.

Happy Bday PS2!

YOOOO

You played Beat Down fists of vengeance?! :mindblown:

That game was the shyt. Brawler mode for the grunts and straight 1 v 1 fighter for boss fights, customize your character, make a party of your own and brawl out:noah:

Thank god for emulation :steviej:

The Bouncer

Bully

Wild Arms 3

wooooo the memories :wow:

Wild Arms 3 would change the anime opening as you went through the game, updating key story beats. Never saw something like that every again. :wow: