Happy 20th birthday PS2

Koba St

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The first console I ever bought with my own money and on my 16th birthday.
Came bundled with MGS2 and GTA 3 and I also copped the matrix which was my first ever DVD :wow:

I remember playing GTA 3 all day and in the evening, after a shower and eating, watched the matrix. After that I played some more GTA till about 1 am before going to sleep. best birthday ever :mjcry:

Last edited:

darryl

Superstar
Daps
I got that shyt late as fukk:russ: got one in 2006 only because I wanted to get smackdown vs raw 2007.

Memories:wow:. Still think the og xbox was better but I know I'm in the extreme minority

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
We wishing happy birthdays to pieces of plastic now :dwillhuh:

I got that shyt late as fukk:russ: got one in 2006 only because I wanted to get smackdown vs raw 2007.

Memories:wow:. Still think the og xbox was better but I know I'm in the extreme minority
Xbox was easily better, for starters the graphical differences was greater than the gap between the xb1 and xb1x. Max Payne was amazing on xbox, online gaming via broadband built in (ps2 didn't launch with online, didn't come till they bundled final fantasy online with the adapter.

Splinter cell 2 and 3 online was some of the best online experiences I've had till this day. No game that i know of is doing similar. Only thing coming close (but distant 2nd) is rainbow six.

Rainbow 6 black flag :banderas:

Return to castle wolfenstein birthed call of duty's "style" of online multiplayer. COD3 for instance was a poor man's wolfenstein imo.

Halo 1/2

Crimson skies

I could go on but i literally have shyt to do...

Tru Story :scust:

Pifford

All Star
Daps
They were impossible to find that first Christmas, but my parents were at the mall at the perfect time when they got some new ones in, an copped me one. When I unwrapped that shyt, I was :lupe::gladbron::gladbron::blessed::banderas:, even though there were no good games out yet lol

20 years? God damn:flabbynsick::flabbynsick::flabbynsick:

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
:stopitslime:Don’t be like that those were fun times in the gaming world.

:whew:Dreamcast, Xbox,ps2,cube , ds
They were, but we don't wish birthdays to electronics. That's not a thing. Only console with worthy release dates are dreamcast because it was 9/9/99 and xbox 360 because it released on my mom's birthday :manny:

My favorite system of all time is probably the snes. I don't know it's birthday, i just remember getting one in October.

To stay on topic, i worked at what later would turn into a gamestop when the ps2 launched. My launch system couldn't read dvds only cds. Tekken tag used dvd, i got home, went to a neighbor's house where we was like 8 deep, hyped, disc read error out the box. The homies laughed at my misfortune :to: that's my 20yrs ago memory

Pifford

All Star
Daps
Tekken tag and ssx kept me fed
I forgot Tekken was a launch game. Iirc Onimusha was the first game that really felt to me like some next gen shyt to me, or maybe Dynasty Warriors 2 with how much shyt would be on the screen at once.

I'll never forget mine stopped reading blue discs (cds ig) when i had just rented The Thing :pacspit:. Besides that, PS2 was the GOAT

Koba St

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
We wishing happy birthdays to pieces of plastic now :dwillhuh:

Xbox was easily better, for starters the graphical differences was greater than the gap between the xb1 and xb1x. Max Payne was amazing on xbox, online gaming via broadband built in (ps2 didn't launch with online, didn't come till they bundled final fantasy online with the adapter.

Splinter cell 2 and 3 online was some of the best online experiences I've had till this day. No game that i know of is doing similar. Only thing coming close (but distant 2nd) is rainbow six.

Rainbow 6 black flag :banderas:

Return to castle wolfenstein birthed call of duty's "style" of online multiplayer. COD3 for instance was a poor man's wolfenstein imo.

Halo 1/2

Crimson skies

I could go on but i literally have shyt to do...

Tru Story :scust:
This is a ps2 appreciation thread. Take that nonsense elsewhere