Han Solo: A Star Wars Story [Official Thread] (2018)

Scottie Drippin

Should Never Mention Me
Daps
Reppin
The Traps of Unified Korea
Yep it always bugged me in the force awakens why Leia and Han would call their kid Ben. It would have made more sense for them to name their kid Luke.
It made sense for Luke to name his kid Ben because of Obi Wan. But Leia and Han? They pulled that out the ass.
That was pure "member Ben Kenobi?" on JJ's part, wouldn't surprise me if his full name is Ben Bail Yoda Wicket Amidala-Organa-Solo.

tenor.gif
In real life, people name kids after relatives, friends, celebrities, heroes, places, or just famous names they like. But, two fictional characters naming their child after a legendary hero of the galaxy who directly impacted their lives, played a part in giving them hope to lead a galactic revolution, and shared with them the knowledge of a belief system that they would ultimately believe in and change their lives entirely is bullshyt, upsetting, and something to complain about. :dwillhuh:

There are so many legit, or even smaller ridiculous things to be upset about but Han and Leia naming their kid after Ben got you vex? The woman who called someone her only hope naming their child after that someone after he delivered in ways unimaginable is dumb? You nikkas are miserable.

Hopeofmypeople

Veteran
Daps
In real life, people name kids after relatives, friends, celebrities, heroes, places, or just famous names they like. But, two fictional characters naming their child after a legendary hero of the galaxy who directly impacted their lives, played a part in giving them hope to lead a galactic revolution, and shared with them the knowledge of a belief system that they would ultimately believe in and change their lives entirely is bullshyt, upsetting, and something to complain about. :dwillhuh:

There are so many legit, or even smaller ridiculous things to be upset about but Han and Leia naming their kid after Ben got you vex? The woman who called someone her only hope naming their child after that someone after he delivered in ways unimaginable is dumb? You nikkas are miserable.

What you just stated is Kaput considering Leia refereed to him as Obi-wan Kenobi. So for your argument to hold any weight his name would have to be Obi-wan Solo. In the context of the story it makes absolutely no sense apart from JJ stealing from the EU and putting his own shytty spin on things. Luke and Leia naming their first born and only child after her brother and his best friend would have made for more sense.

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
Han, the background guitar music, the off-putting font they used in the title card....I don't know how I feel about this.

MarcP

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Donald Glover didn't a say a single line of dialogue in this whole trailer. A Fro and a stash don't make you Black Dynamite and a cape and conk don't make you Lando. He probably just Donald Glover dressed as Lando which isn't Lando. We'll see though.

They probably should have just not made this shyt a Han Solo movie. Call this shyt Kinso Fleetwing or some shyt.

Atsym Sknyfs

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
Donald Glover didn't a say a single line of dialogue in this whole trailer. A Fro and a stash don't make you Black Dynamite and a cape and conk don't make you Lando. He probably just Donald Glover dressed as Lando which isn't Lando. We'll see though.

They probably should have just not made this shyt a Han Solo movie. Call this shyt Kinso Fleetwing or some shyt.

we had BTS shoots of Donald hanging and talking to Billy .... I think Donald gonna steal the show..
Han ... I think he's trying to much

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
This was just a bad idea.

The Han Solo character is at its core a standard roguish character stealing from others but protective of his stuff. No different from Jack Sparrow or 100s of others.

Harrison's charisma is basically what made it. This guy is going to have to make it his own and in doing so not be the Han Solo.