Han Solo: A Star Wars Story [Official Thread] (2018)

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That’s not always a bad thing. Acting coaches are always on set homie. You just don’t hear about it because it’s common practice and there’s clearly a messaging issue going on with this one
Reshoots are common too but now people ( who know better ) think they mean a movie is trash

OneManGang

Veteran
Daps
This was such a terrible idea. Disney doing too much. Harrison Ford is Han Solo. It’s over, we don’t need to see a back story. What kind of story will this be? Rogue One actually had a great story, great action, in a time period where there were characters fans recognized from the original trilogy. People wanted to know, how did the Rebels get the plans to destroy the Death Star. Throw in X-Wings, Y-Wings, huge space and atmosphere combat, and Vader....you're printing money. I’m not sure watching a non Harrison Ford Han Solo going on adventures with Chewie for Jabba has the same draw.

EDIT: @Rapmastermind was reading earlier and saw you mentioned something about Rogue One which I feel like this comment is a reply to.

Last edited:

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
This was such a terrible idea. Disney doing too much. Harrison Ford is Han Solo. It’s over, we don’t need to see a back story. What kind of story will this be? Rogue One actually had a great story, great action, in a time period where there were characters fans recognized from the original trilogy. People wanted to know, how did the Rebels get the plans to destroy the Death Star. Throw in X-Wings, Y-Wings, huge space and atmosphere combat, and Vader....you're printing money. I’m not sure watching a non Harrison Ford Han Solo going on adventures with Chewie for Jabba has the same draw.

EDIT: @Rapmastermind was reading earlier and saw you mentioned something about Rogue One which I feel like this comment is a reply to.

considering all teh characters they could have used that would have been more interesting

yoda who lived hundreds of years
mace windu
darth vader all those years between revenge of the sith and a new hope
obi wan

DosCadenaz

Superstar
Daps
I think the movie will be dope honestly. Probably not one of the best ones but like how everybody thought GOTG had no potential and it was fire.

I really wish Kyle Newman could have directed this or some form of Star Wars movie.

Lord_nikon

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
To be honest I can care less and don't want to see this star trek shyt. they need to do some hardcore old republic films.

this shyt is better than any star wars film Disney made

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Reshoots are common too but now people ( who know better ) think they mean a movie is trash

Reshoots are built into budgets at this point. They’ve been common for years. George Lucas did reshoots on Star Wars. It was part of the process.

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Reshoots are built into budgets at this point. They’ve been common for years. George Lucas did reshoots on Star Wars. It was part of the process.
Exactly . But for some reason they pushed the dceu reahoots one way and the Han Solo reshoots another

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Exactly . But for some reason they pushed the dceu reahoots one way and the Han Solo reshoots another

Lol cause one involved another director and alterations to the second and third act breh. These Han Solo reshoots haven’t been handled well either in the media but there’s less info getting out. Tight ship. Very tight ship. Which leads to less rumor and less stuff being out in the open for people to digest and theorize.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga

I think in THIS case it’s the fact that the entire movie was basically reshot on the fly by Ron Howard. They completely scrapped Lord and Miller’s material. That doesn’t bode well at all...

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I think in THIS case it’s the fact that the entire movie was basically reshot on the fly by Ron Howard. They completely scrapped Lord and Miller’s material. That doesn’t bode well at all...

Only doesn’t bode well for me cause A) I thought the idea of the movie was meh to begin with and B) Ron Howard is a good director but he’s not exciting lol.

It could end up being a mess and they’ll have to deal with that. That media tour is going to be fuuuuuuuun