Halo Infinite - Campaign Overview (new 4k footage)

Tim Lord

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Just watched it a couple of times. They didn’t really show anything that was much different from last year.

Instead of straight gameplay they showed some curated highlights. It was a very dull way to re-introduce the campaign gameplay after last years showing.

It looked like ‘Halo Far Cry’. And just like Far Cry, I will be playing it in co-op…about 4-5 months from now.

JNew

Superstar
Daps
It wasn’t “boring” then either :dahell:

No, but the game wasn't that great to begin with outside the gimmicky grapple hook, now in 2021 its hard for me to get excited for something like a grapple hook. :unimpressed:

Bungie had the new bubble shield in halo 3 back in 2007 and I can only imagine if they made that the highlight of the game:russ:

Kidd Dibiase

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
and to think they was ready to serve up some visual bullshyt because they didn't think there would be any backlash and could just live off the name

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
No, but the game wasn't that great to begin with outside the gimmicky grapple hook, now in 2021 its hard for me to get excited for something like a grapple hook. :unimpressed:

Bungie had the new bubble shield in halo 3 back in 2007 and I can only imagine if they made that the highlight of the game:russ:
That’s a totally different game.

Literally every game is iterative of the games that came before it.

That’s like saying, “I been shooting guns in games since 1986, guns are boring”

:stopitslime:

iceberg_is_on_fire

Honolulu Blue Ski Mask Way
Daps
Reppin
Lombardi Trophies in Allen Park

The gameplay loop of Halo was nailed in Halo 1 so the only place that Bungie and now 343 could improve upon is set pieces and making the player feel as if they are really in the middle of a war.

Scale of the war and the world was what was next for Halo. Held back primarily by technology.

unknown.png

Immagine_17.jpg

unknown.png

Every game is derivative of another in some way. The key is how well what was taken from prior releases were implemented and hopefully, improved upon. It is a Halo ass Halo game, now on steroids with some new wrinkles. The reason as for why a lot of people are going to be OK with this is because for millions of people, their highs in gaming has come from Halo.

This is basically Halo's take on Far Cry. I'm digging it.

JNew

Superstar
Daps
and to think they was ready to serve up some visual bullshyt because they didn't think there would be any backlash and could just live off the name

I knew this game was gonna be dead on arrival the moment I seen the announcement trailer, way to much for a struggling company like 343 to do. They bit of more then they can chew. The concept is there but it not executed right.

That’s a totally different game.

Literally every game is iterative of the games that came before it.

That’s like saying, “I been shooting guns in games since 1986, guns are boring”

:stopitslime:

Your missing the point. Halo's (The Games) have always been trend setters, not followers.

After 343 kept the series alive with halo 4 and then killed it with halo 5, this was supposed to be there big epic return, trying to recapture and reboot the days of 2001 Halo. Most fans that have been riding since day one know this is probably the series last attempt to keep the series alive and Microsoft knows that to, that's why there tying to pull out all the stops.