Halo Infinite/343i is officially done (Joe Staten leaving 343) *Update* leaving Microsoft

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
Nice to see someone in the industry actually speak on it cause these idiots caping for them will never admit it other wise
Nah, those devs put out a sub par project that had a lot of resources committed to it.

If Halo weren’t a flagship Xbox franchise they’d have been let go long ago.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Nah, those devs put out a sub par project that had a lot of resources committed to it.

If Halo weren’t a flagship Xbox franchise they’d have been let go long ago.

And thats because of bad leadership not the devs. I guarantee you put those devs in another better-run studio and games have no problem shipping. Devs are just the talent, you hire them based on their credentials

Unless they are deliberately hiring incompetent people

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
And thats because of bad leadership not the devs. I guarantee you put those devs in another better-run studio and games have no problem shipping. Devs are just the talent, you hire them based on their credentials

Unless they are deliberately hiring incompetent people
Or they fired the weakest links and kept the people who are better performers and on track for other leadership positions.

If leadership was so incompetent that you felt you couldn’t land a good product, then you’d leave and find another role. It’s not like microsoft is short on IC SE roles.

CoolinInTheCut

Superstar
Daps
The launch of the game was promising

No it wasn't lmao. That was just an overcorrection to console war bullshyt.

The game launched with a ton of issues like a complete lack of a TDM/Team Slayer mode for an arena/sandbox shooter.

Since day one, people were saying shyt like "it's just a beta right now", "wait for season 1", etc etc.

Last edited:

Marks

as a mountain
Daps
A buddy of mine used to do work for MS (Turn 10). He was employed as a contractor for YEARS and his supervisors/bosses had to cape for him hard to get put on full time. I forget how long it was but they they worked is you'd be contract for like a year and some change then they'd "let you go" for like 3 months then hire you back. So he'd be super busy for a year, then basically a hermit for 3 months trying to save money/living on xbox live lol.

FromStLouis

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
St. Louis, U.S.A.
Joe Staten can go write ReCore2 now while 343i handles Halo Multiplayer and Xbox looks internally for a dev to handle Halo campaigns.

Personal preference: I'd give Halo Campaign to Arkane. :banderas: