Halo 5: Guardians [Official Thread]

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
I will buy Halo 5 when I get a Scorpio. i mean xboxonex
Welp... i completely skipped Xbox One/Xbox One X and now I’m playing Halo 5 on Xbox Series X and holy shiet this game is fukking beautiful!!! Can’t believe this is a 6 year old game! Doesn’t look it. 4K/60FPS and damn near no loading times mannn this shyt smooth as butter.

Teal.

Solo Dolo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Notfit,GA
Booted this game back up... playing little social and staying positive. About to play ranked and come back to reality :mjcry:

DaSk8D00D

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Been having a lot of fun dabbling with the multiplayer these past couple days but what the hell are all these cards n shyt I be getting after matches? :mjtf:

Fctftl

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Been having a lot of fun dabbling with the multiplayer these past couple days but what the hell are all these cards n shyt I be getting after matches? :mjtf:
Its for the Warzone/Warzone Firefight modes plus armor/emblem unlocks.

in Warzone, you go up to kiosks to use REQ cards you acquired(ghost, energy sword, camo, etc).

you can either grind for REQs by playin matches n spendin the RP(REQ Points) you get after a match in the REQ Store, or you can spend real money for REQ packs:gag:

When buyin packs(i used RP, never real money) grind out silver packs first. After you stop gettin perma unlocks(weapon certification s, armor, etc) n it starts givin you a bunch of RP back, then move to gold packs.

took me till SR 80 to get the Halo 1 Mark V helmet n armor.:scusthov:

also, you get boosted exp for the rotational playlists that are starred each week. This weeks in social is Castle Wars. Its pretty fun, n also a good way to knock out gettin the Energy Sword n Plasma Grenade Weapon Commendations.

DaSk8D00D

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Its for the Warzone/Warzone Firefight modes plus armor/emblem unlocks.

in Warzone, you go up to kiosks to use REQ cards you acquired(ghost, energy sword, camo, etc).

you can either grind for REQs by playin matches n spendin the RP(REQ Points) you get after a match in the REQ Store, or you can spend real money for REQ packs:gag:

When buyin packs(i used RP, never real money) grind out silver packs first. After you stop gettin perma unlocks(weapon certification s, armor, etc) n it starts givin you a bunch of RP back, then move to gold packs.

took me till SR 80 to get the Halo 1 Mark V helmet n armor.:scusthov:

also, you get boosted exp for the rotational playlists that are starred each week. This weeks in social is Castle Wars. Its pretty fun, n also a good way to knock out gettin the Energy Sword n Plasma Grenade Weapon Commendations.

giphy-downsized-large.gif

Ima just lab quickplay for a few more days before I try to understand any of this warzone shyt:bryan:

Fctftl

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
giphy-downsized-large.gif

Ima just lab quickplay for a few more days before I try to understand any of this warzone shyt:bryan:
Castle Wars goes away this week so if you wanna play it nowa the time. Wont be back for a couple months. Its Capture the flag with swords, plasma grenades, warthogs, mongoose between 2 big ass castles with a lil ass bridge connecting the 2 bases. Its pure chaos.

detach

Banned
Daps
Reppin
OHIO
Before Halo Infinite, I just wanted to say Halo 5 is the Goat Halo. :wow: Halo 5>> CE, 2, 3, Reach, 4.

With every Halo release, the hardcore MLG crowds loves to have amnesia, and pretend the Halo prior was a perfect game but trashed the game during the actual life cycle of the game.:camby:

I expecting the same with the release of Infinite.
:shaq2:

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
Finished the game last night and I can see why some people hate it. The ending sucked and the controls are just too complicated. This game has made me appreciate Halo Infinite’s controls much more. Halo Infinite’s controls are more natural and intuitive.

Fctftl

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Halo 5 will no longer have rotational playlists. No more griffball, no more castle wars, no more CE anniversary, no more joinin spartan companies. 343 officially dropped support besides leavin the servers up.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Halo 5 will no longer have rotational playlists. No more griffball, no more castle wars, no more CE anniversary, no more joinin spartan companies. 343 officially dropped support besides leavin the servers up.
Given the new one is free to play on the same platform it was probably inevitable.

Fctftl

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Given the new one is free to play on the same platform it was probably inevitable.
MCC still gettin updates n the newest game in that collection is 3 years older than Halo 5.

I think it’s just a testament to how disliked 5 was. They abandoned game updates years ago.