Halloween Kills & Halloween Ends Official Thread Sometime In the Future

Rapmastermind

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York City
is this a good or bad sign?

The last Halloween did huge Box Office Numbers but looking at cases rising and the Pandemic. I think Universal is making a calculated decision that it's probably best to do a hybrid release and let people stream it also. The game has changed, the Pandemic has accelerated a lot of stuff. It will still be in theaters but now people will have to sign up to Peacock to see the Streaming version if they don't want to go. Universal doesn't want to get left behind in the Streaming Wars with Disney Plus, HBO Max and Netflix crushing the buildings.

James Bond needs to do the same

Thank You. They've pushed it back for so long. They need to release it Overseas because it will still make big Bread. But here in the US it needs a duel release. Amazon brought out MGM so they own the rights. I'm sure it will be a 30 to 45 day window but they should consider that.

TheNatureBoy

Veteran
Daps
Reading about this at work :leon:

Kinda surprised even if the reviews aren't great. Peacock could use the publicity though, as it has very little buzz.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Breaking: Universal Pulls a Warner Bros and HBO Max. Will Release Halloween Kills Hybrid in Theaters and on Streaming Same Day

'Halloween Kills' to Premiere on Peacock and in Theaters on Same Day - Variety
The only question I have about this which will make the decision for me of whether to watch at home or in the theater is will the Peacock version have commercials?
Because I have Peacock free as part of my comcast Internet package and every damn thing has commercials.

Nicole0416_718_929_646212

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC and FBA Riverboat Retaliation
The only question I have about this which will make the decision for me of whether to watch at home or in the theater is will the Peacock version have commercials?
Because I have Peacock free as part of my comcast Internet package and every damn thing has commercials.
Stand alone peacock app upgrade has no commercials - I pay the extra to not have commercials. I hate commercials with a passion.

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
This one looks even more up-tempo and over-the-top than the previous. I’ll probably fukk around and end up liking it anyways but the reviews aren’t pleasing to see.
Looks like most reviews that I browsed (not reading) are saying the movie is too violent and too many kills. If that’s the case - I may carry my desensitized happy ass into a theater just off the strength. I’ve waited 2 years for this; the bodies better start stacking up in the the opening scene - violence is not one of my complaints

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin

They had me after “absolutely shocking and brutal” the darker, meaner and most disturbing of the franchise. Day one
Say less
images

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
First ‘Halloween Kills’ Reactions Praise the Film’s Brutality and Shocking Kill Scenes

When October 15th hits like
7a368e676e2b22622c60a2f7f5bc9596.gif

The very first public screening of David Gordon Green’s Halloween Kills took place today at the Venice Film Festival, and reactions/reviews have begun to make their way online.

We’ve been promised a full-blown, high-body-count slasher movie from Halloween Kills, and indeed it sounds like the sequel unleashes Michael Myers at his angriest to date. Many of the social media reactions and reviews that are coming in thus far praise the incredible brutality of Michael’s return to the big screen, as well as the “shocking” kills he dishes out.

Collider’s Rafael Motamayor tweets, “Halloween Kills is a darker, meaner, more disturbing entry in the franchise. The kills are absolutely brutal and shocking in the best way. It was great seeing old characters again, and there is a flashback that blew my mind.”

Written by Ben Rolph, the review on Discussing Film calls it “a blood-filled rollercoaster of a film with some of the most gnarly kills the slasher franchise has ever created.”

Beyond Fest tweets praise for the film’s “[over the top] kills we haven’t seen in 40 years. Relentless, outrageous, and incredible to watch with an audience, it is insane.”

Ben Rolph tweets, “It might be one of the most brutal films ever made? Rolph also praises the film for being “quite refreshing as it takes some surprising turns in its story.”
———

Looks like Mikey is in his slasher bag.
:merchant::merchant::whew:

MOVIES
First ‘Halloween Kills’ Reactions Praise the Film’s Brutality and Shocking Kill Scenes

MIiE.gif