Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC and FBA Riverboat Retaliation
Refresher needed I see -
8. Halloween (2007)
halloween-remake-image.jpg

Or, “The One Where Rob Zombie Remakes a Classic”

Remaking an iconic film is never a good idea, but give credit to producer Malek Akkad for going the ambitious route by signing Rob Zombie to steer the remake of Halloween. The resulting film is... well he tried, but much of the script is packed with reprehensible characters spouting reprehensible dialogue. The film’s greatest asset is Zombie's direction, as he opts to make the franchise entirely his own rather than trying to follow in John Carpenter’s footsteps. In a twist, Zombie’s film decides to give much more shading to the Michael Myers character, and indeed Halloween is very much his movie. Turning Loomis into a cash-grabbing opportunist was an inspired choice, and there are a few interesting detours to be found assuming you're not immediately put off by the film's unabashedly "gross" nature.

The film gets indulgent at points and suffers from odd pacing, but Tyler Bates’ score is a welcome twist on Carpenter’s classic theme yet. Zombie's Halloween isn't for everyone, but it at the very least gets credit for taking such significant liberties with the source material rather than simply retreading territory Carpenter had already worn.

——
This. He gets my respect for taking on such a historically relevant horror movie classic and flipping it into his own version.
—-
horror2020022514.jpg

I feel you Mike, they hate when you don’t cooperate, one-sided opinions, lack of respect for the dark art of horror storytelling and elements.
:unimpressed:

Nicole0416_718_929_646212

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carpenter is a conceited jerk to Zombie- this shyt. How is he mad that someone remade a movie that he signed up on and out/grossed the original??
:dahell:
John Carpenter called Rob Zombie a “piece of shyt”
:laff:Sounds like someone on this thread:

“This came during a Q&A section in which a woman asked Carpenter for his thoughts on the remake. He initially explained why remakes are so common these days (money, obviously), and noted that he was fine with the idea of a Halloween remake at first. He says he was “incredibly supportive” of Zombie’s project and told him to “make it [his] own,” but at some point Zombie gave an interview to the History Channel or Biography Channel (Carpenter doesn’t remember which) and lied, claiming that Carpenter was “cold to him” when he said he was remaking Halloween. Carpenter says he doesn’t know why “that piece of shyt” lied, but that it “will color” his opinion of the movie now.

That whole thing aside, though, Carpenter still doesn’t like the new Halloween. His criticisms mirror the ones that a lot fans have, specifically that Zombie’s film takes away a lot of the original’s “mystique” by explaining too much about the story. He also says the guy playing Michael Myers was “too big” and didn’t feel real enough. He doesn’t go much further than that, but it’s pretty clear that he’s not a fan of Zombie’s work

Gtfoh @jello’s ghostwrote this article.
:mjlol:

Mad bc RZ outworked his own movie. It was the 70s, John Carpenter, get over it. gawd forbid that another director breathes new life into the series for us the newer generation of Halloween instead of recycling storylines - it’s not like JC’s own sequels have done so well. But they don’t want to hear that. The only reason why halloween 2018-2022 is relevant bc RZ reinspired a new interest because of his re-imagination of the Halloween franchise.
:deadrose::snooze:

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Not zombies although I know he has no good things to say about that. He hates the original Halloween 2 he worked on

John Carpenter Labelled HALLOWEEN II An “Abomination” During 1984 Interview
Rob Zombie also states that he hates his own Halloween 2 from 2009. Interesting.

Seems like JC and RZ have more in common than they don’t. They both seem passionate about their craft - would not be shocked at all if Rob wasn’t a creative consultant on this 2021 version. All of the murders from the trailer look like the horror to the core violence that Rob Zombie usually uses. Bet Carpenter paid him on the low for help with the content bc Zombie knows how to execute
tenor.gif

:sas2::sas1:
Im not only one that noticed the similarities to Rob Zombie’s work in comparison to the trailer online either — it’s not just a fan theory.
tenor.gif

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
9The Return Of Nurse Marion Chambers (Again)
At the beginning of the original Halloween, Dr. Loomis is accompanied to Smith’s Grove Sanitarium by a young nurse, Marion Chambers. The two are subsequently overwhelmed by stray patients released by Michael during a thunderstorm. He eventually traps Marion in her car before forcing her out and stealing the vehicle to make his way to Haddonfield.

In Halloween Kills, that scene is recreated almost shot-by-shot, with Michael even smashing through the passenger side window to grab Nurse Chambers just like he did in the original film. This is not Marion’s first return to the franchise; in Halloween H20: 20 Years Later, she first re-appeared in the film’s prologue as Joseph Gordon Levitt’s doomed neighbor.

8Tommy Doyle Is Back
In the original Halloween, Laurie spends the last half of the film babysitting two children, Tommy Doyle and Lindsey Wallace. Tommy receives special focus as he inadvertently runs into Michael earlier in the day and is the first one to notice the “boogeyman” stalking the streets and houses of Haddonfield. His fears become reality as Michael invades his home and tries to kill him and Lindsey to get to Laurie.

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Halloween Kills: 10 Things You Missed In The Trailer..

6It’s Not Easy Getting Old

Michael spares no one in his rampage, not even the elderly.
:mjlol::dead::dead:

In Halloween Kills, Michael brutally dispatches an old man by crushing his head against a window frame. He then slaughters the man’s wife with a strip light bulb before returning to her husband to stab his dead body one more time.

Michael’s encounter with the elderly couple is a callback to a similar scene in Halloween 2 (1981). In that film, Michael is stalking the back alleys of Haddonfield looking for a new weapon to slaughter his victims. He finds one in an elderly couple’s house, quietly taking a knife and leaving behind only a few drops of his blood. That version of Michael is more benevolent than the one in Halloween Kills; he spares their lives, destroying only the ham sandwich the wife was making for her sleeping husband.
:deadrose::laff:

4The Haddonfield Mob Strikes Again
In Halloween Kills, the effects of Michael’s massacre are felt not only by Laurie and her family but all of Haddonfield as well. In response to the death and destruction Michael has wrought, several Haddonfield citizens (including Tommy) take the law into their own hands, brandishing bats, guns and other weapons in an attempt to bring down Michael once and for all.

The Haddonfield mob was also seen in Halloween 4: The Return of Michael Myers. With Haddonfield’s Police Department wiped out, Haddonfield’s citizens decide to take become the law of their town and protect Jamie Strode at all costs. Their efforts prove futile; Michael wipes them out one by one, leaving young Jamie to defend herself.

3Haddonfield Riots
In addition to the Haddonfield mob, the town’s citizens also stage a riot throughout the town, protesting Michael’s return and seeking vengeance for his crimes. Halloween 2 (1981) first featured the town rioting with the majority of Haddonfield throwing rocks and destroying Michael Myers’ childhood home.

RELATED: 15 Iconic Horror Villains Ranked By Kill Count

Halloween Kills promises a reprise of that scene. Michael’s path of destruction is discovered to be leading to his childhood home, providing the perfect callback.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
@Jello Biafra didn’t retaliate yet.
:lupe:
I don’t like this- he usually has some witty verbal retort; what is he up to?? He’s too quiet - 3 yrs of posting in the same thread as him, he’s up to something; I can feel it
tenor.gif
I sometimes forget this thread exists because I usually do all my horror movie discussion in the Official Horror thread.

But Zombie would've been better served by not spending so much time on child Michael solely because he let his pathological need to to trailer park up everything turn what was in the original the chilling idea that a seemingly normal child really wasn't normal at all but was rather a psychotic sociopath into this clownish notion that being born to a "skank with a heart of gold" stripper in a white trash hovel is what made Michael Myers into what he became.

Plus that kid he hired was a shytty actor.

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL

He can’t channel his rage just bc Rob captured the essence of that rage and actually remade it.
“Get off my lawn, these kids and their gadgets these days ” curmudgeon headass.

:scust:

Rob hit him with the
:yeshrug:

Rob just made a b*stardized version of the Ogs with unnecessary violence and a tired backstory

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
I sometimes forget this thread exists because I usually do all my horror movie discussion in the Official Horror thread.

But Zombie would've been better served by not spending so much time on child Michael solely because he let his pathological need to to trailer park up everything turn what was in the original the chilling idea that a seemingly normal child really wasn't normal at all but was rather a psychotic sociopath into this clownish notion that being born to a "skank with a heart of gold" stripper in a white trash hovel is what made Michael Myers into what he became.

Plus that kid he hired was a shytty actor.
Bookmarked for later. I’ll be back to address this.
tumblr_nzf580ubUW1v1dkgto2_500.gif