Haley Williams Of Paramore Thinks Miley Cyrus is Stealing Black Culture

JahBuhLun

Graphic Alchemist
Daps
Twerking is black culture, love it or hate it, it is...:manny:
It's at best a sub category of Black music and dance culture, because you can youtube clips of brazilian and other latin american women putting in work. If you were to ask 20 white people what they felt exemplified Black culture, twerking is not going to be at the top of the list, you will get a multitude of ignorant and racist answers, but the first thing that pops into their heads is not going to be twerking.

Digga38

The seperation between what's fake and what's real
Daps
Reppin
Dub-C
Not tryna play the semantics game of what is black culture, but twerking is synonymous with black women, it's black culture, love it or hate it, it is...:manny:
well how bout we let white people take twerkin then

MegaTronBomb!

Power is in my hair nikka
Daps
Reppin
From The Westside With Love
The artists I listed have been accused of the very same thing Miley's doing. When Christina Aguilera came out with "Dirrty" she caught the same criticisms that Miley is catching. Remember Redman was called out by Nas for "selling out" for even being on the record.

In regard to a culture they didn't really belong to, why is credibility being given to Haley's comments when she doesn't belong to the culture either. This isn't directed at you, but more so people co-signing her statements. This thread has more views than the one where Tariq is saying she's using Hip Hop culture which is far more accurate. The Coli is being very hypocritical and contradictory with this thread. The same people that claim CACs shouldn't be speaking on a culture they know nothing about is in here co-signing Haley left and right. The same people that will :pacspit: at a Rollingstone review because they hold no merit because they "have no knowledge of the culture" are co-signing Haley for doing the same thing. The difference is Rollingstone just does reviews, Haley is speaking on Black culture. It's a very inaccurate assessment to relate what Miley did with Black culture.

No she didn't, at best you can say she put an edge on her persona/music.... like most child/teen singers when they become of age.

i don't ever recall Christina, c00ning it up and surrounding herself with as many black people as possible in order to gain some acceptance from a demographic that didn't fukk with her at all.....did she incorporate a hip hop feel to some of her songs, yes.... but straight up culture stealing like Miley..... not even close.

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
No she didn't, at best you can say she put an edge on her persona/music.... like most child/teen singers when they become of age.

i don't ever recall Christina, c00ning it up and surrounding herself with as many black people as possible in order to gain some acceptance from a demographic that didn't fukk with her at all.....did she incorporate a hip hop feel to some of her songs, yes.... but straight up culture stealing like Miley..... not even close.

Redman
Rockwilder
DJ Premier
Kwame
Missy Elliott
Lil' Kim
Nelly
Diddy

^^^ Just to name a few. Anybody with eyes and ears can see the drastic change from "Genie In The Bottle" Christina (subtle, sensual, poppy Christina) to (over the top, sexed up, Hip Hop influenced Christina). There's a drastic change sonically and image wise between her first album and Stripped.

She did far more than incorporate a Hip Hop feel to her songs:

She approached Rockwilder, a hip hop producer who had worked with her during the recording of "Lady Marmalade" (2001).[3] During an interview with Entertainment Weekly, Rockwilder stated that the song "really powerful, really wild, and crazy."[3] Aguilera suggested using Redman's "Let's Get Dirty (I Can't Get in da Club)" (2001) as a guide, and the resulting "Dirrty" was a remake of its precursor.[3]

^^^ That's far more than "incorporating".

KEEPITTRILLA

soon as i catch the vibe tell em 2 fetch th hearse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TX
why are yall getting behind this dumb bytch? how is that shyt black culture? maybe she just got into hip hop and really likes the shyt, yall trippin

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
For the record, me using Aguilera as an example isn't an attack on Aguilera. It's simply to show that whatever implications placed on what Miley did/is doing can be applied to Christina Aguilera's "Dirrty".

Rice N Beans

Junior Hayley Stan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, IL
I just wanted to come in here and say that I would wife this chick @Rice N Beans at least throw some my way, you know it ain't no fun if the homies don't get none :shaq:

:laugh:

SEE WITH YOUR EYES NOT YOUR HANDS BREH.

37-Ski-Mask-Way.gif

Danie84

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I don't how Xtina is getting compared to this twat. Stripped was dope, and Xtina was being ultra

provocative (alas Madonna Erotica circa) to break away from the goody Disney factory bullshyt.

She wasn't mocking us. From the Genie In the Bottle days, she always said she was a huge Wu/Redman fan:yeshrug:

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don't how Xtina is getting compared to this twat. Stripped was dope, and Xtina was being ultra

provocative (alas Madonna Erotica circa) to break away from the goody Disney factory bullshyt.

She wasn't mocking us. From the Genie In the Bottle days, she always said she was a huge Wu/Redman fan:yeshrug:

Isn't Miley also breaking away from Disney? Both of them used Hip Hop to do that (that's the point).

How was Miley Cyrus mocking us? She mocked no one, but herself with that perfomance. That's like saying she was mocking us by putting in those grills or making the video for "We Can't Stop". The point is how are you going to call her out for making fun of the culture because of her VMA performance and not say anything until another white person calls her out. Furthermore, many artists have done some of the same things she did.

GoddamnyamanProf

Countdown to Armageddon
Daps
I dont have time to read through the thread so someone just tell me if Haley's t*ts were posted up in here yet. If not,...you know I got it :smugbiden: