216 years and still standing

87891369e8bca812c472bbace8e5b710.jpg

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
Even though I am not a practitioner my favorite part about Haitian culture is the beauty of Vodou. Yea many Haitians have pride in the Haitian revolution(I do too) but when you study the different Loas you find out they each have their own characteraztion and I find them RICHER than any Norse, Greek, Egyptian, Ameridian, etc pantheon but difference is that they're actually taken seriously and survived. Me coming from a Christian background on BOTH my Haitian and ADOS side my family is very anti-Vodou. Ezili Dantor and Bawon Samedi are my favorite Loas but.... Both are ruthless af especially the latter.

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
Even though I am not a practitioner my favorite part about Haitian culture is the beauty of Vodou. Yea many Haitians have pride in the Haitian revolution(I do too) but when you study the different Loas you find out they each have their own characteraztion and I find them RICHER than any Norse, Greek, Egyptian, Ameridian, etc pantheon but difference is that they're actually taken seriously and survived. Me coming from a Christian background on BOTH my Haitian and ADOS side my family is very anti-Vodou. Ezili Dantor and Bawon Samedi are my favorite Loas but.... Both are ruthless af especially the latter.
To what do you attribute the anti-Vodou sentiment among Haitians?

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
What do you mean exactly? You're asking what percentage of Haitians do I believe are anti-Vodou?
No, anti-Vodou sentiment from those not familiar with it is one thing. Your (Haitian)parent and other Haitians who are against it have some familiarity/knowledge/xperience with what is is. What do you think causes them to be so strongly against it?

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
No, anti-Vodou sentiment from those not familiar with it is one thing. Your (Haitian)parent and other Haitians who are against it have some familiarity/knowledge/xperience with what is is. What do you think causes them to be so strongly against it?
My Haitian side are just your typical overly zealous Haitian Christians. lol Has nothing to do with the bolded. I'd be surprised if they had knowledge or familiarity with it.