Haitian Appreciation Thread

Blackking

Banned
Supporter
Daps
where u from?
From Detroit. Go to Jamaica every year... I dont claim that side cuz I dont act eat speak patwa etc... but for example..... my sons mom dad is an og.. dont fukk w them from living in Florida... We dont fukk w them here... my oldest son acts Jamaican n all that speaks patwa, not like me.. already a lil kid..dont fukk w them. Plus w drug trade.. my uncles dont f w them. My bms dont fuxk w them.. so that's y I say we dont f w them. My boy just MARRIED a bad one tho in nyc... so lol, maybe we do f w them?

Daps
And how is that different from English?

We pell its when it really should be It's and we spell doesnt when it's really doesn't and i can go on and on with various examples.

Same sh!t goes for spanish and french from speaking to my friends who speak those languages.

I learned my kreyol writing from the Chant Desperans lol, but when I type with brehs the spelling be completely different with them w's as completely seperate words:laugh: its not just punctuation.

Daps
From Detroit. Go to Jamaica every year... I dont claim that side cuz I dont act eat speak patwa etc... but for example..... my sons mom dad is an og.. dont fukk w them from living in Florida... We dont fukk w them here... my oldest son acts Jamaican n all that speaks patwa, not like me.. already a lil kid..dont fukk w them. Plus w drug trade.. my uncles dont f w them. My bms dont fuxk w them.. so that's y I say we dont f w them. My boy just MARRIED a bad one tho in nyc... so lol, maybe we do f w them?

You just gave me a list of nikkas that dont f w them:heh: why though.

concise

Veteran
Daps
THe Haitian chicks i meet here are too americanized :to:. They be fine as fukk but
  • Their kreyol is "okay" at best
  • Speak no french whatsoever
  • And dont even get me started on how they can put a "diri ak djonjon" together
  • They think Haitian Music started with Zin and Zenglen and only know "konpa" as the only genre of music. These brawds never heard of folklor legends like Carolle Demesmin... Damn shame
These brawds be throwing "haitian" parties and dont make bannann peze. :dahell: I know Dessalines and Capois are rolleing in their graves :to:

:wtb:

intruder

SOHH Class of 2003 and CASUAL sports fan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Love
I learned my kreyol writing from the Chant Desperans lol, but when I type with brehs the spelling be completely different with them w's as completely seperate words:laugh: its not just punctuation.
My point is there is a correct spelling to words and it's quite easy to get it right if you follow simple rules about using "k" and pronouncitiation of "in" vs "en"

Blackking

Banned
Supporter
Daps
You just gave me a list of nikkas that dont f w them:heh: why though.
All u asked is... where im from, lol.

Well of course my fl peps dont, u already know y. Others just dont.. the Haitians seem funny style, funny acting. Plus if u in a group of Sudanese.. or a group of Jamaican... a simple phrase like.. "u dusty haitian ass nikka" sounds extra offensive, lol.

And the main reason is because our diaspora Is ignorant and divided due to colonialism and the fact that African tribes weren't unified anyway.

Daps
All u asked is... where im from, lol.

Well of course my fl peps dont, u already know y. Others just dont.. the Haitians seem funny style, funny acting. Plus if u in a group of Sudanese.. or a group of Jamaican... a simple phrase like.. "u dusty haitian ass nikka" sounds extra offensive, lol.

And the main reason is because our diaspora Is ignorant and divided due to colonialism and the fact that African tribes weren't unified anyway.

So basically you one of them nikkas that clashed with us just cause:to:

Thats why Zoe Pound had to develop:demonic:

Daps
My point is there is a correct spelling to words and it's quite easy to get it right if you follow simple rules about using "k" and pronouncitiation of "in" vs "en"

Ill take your word for it:yeshrug:

But hows life going for you up here. You come off like you blend in quite well now

loyola llothta

☭☭☭
Daps
Reppin
BaBylon
im talking socially, and socially im not seeing it breh.

There was a way I used to write it that i believe was official but everybody else types im a more simplistic way un-uniform that im not going to attribute to just slang:yeshrug:
man that's for every language. Komic,boolshyt, Flaugin etc.

intruder

SOHH Class of 2003 and CASUAL sports fan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Love
Ill take your word for it:yeshrug:

But hows life going for you up here. You come off like you blend in quite well now
There is also the fact that some haitians will sometimes write a sentence in kreyol and have one or more words in which they threw in the french spelling of the word as opposed to the kreyol spelling if it's pronounced the same way

For example the could eb writing a sentence that incudes the word explanation and while the rest of the word is all in kreyol they get to the word and they write "explication" (french spelling) as opposed to "eksplikasyon" (kreyol spelling)

Very common mistake.

loyola llothta

☭☭☭
Daps
Reppin
BaBylon
I can speak, and understand creole, but can't spell it worth a damn. Anyone with kids in here? I got lil kids, and barely speak creole to them. Do you guys speak it to your kids? They are only 5, and 2, but I feel like I'm lettin them down some how by not teaching them.
i dont have kids but if i do they going to speak creole fluently. i'm sent they ass too haiti and they going to spend good of amount of time with they grandparents

I raise in a Haitian household(FL but born in Bahamas), Haitian neighborhood, went to Haitian church, took fades and jump in Haitian rivalry (hold my ppl down) but my creole is str8 trash tho. however i never met a Haitian that didn't have bannann peze in their parties that was raise here