Atlrocafella

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta, Georgia
I won't front, I'm more a bouyon fan

bouyon+vyann+b%25C3%25A8f.JPG

But it's only right that I tear down my weight in that soup joumou every New Year

Where's the Boule in that bouyon? :damn:...

MewTwo

Freeing Pokemon From Their Masters Since 1996
Daps
Reppin
Cerulean Cave
It's imperative that Haiti (and every other country in the world) learn how to take care of themselves and not rely heavily on developed nations. If the government wasn't so corrupt and stupid it would be possible to emerge from dark abyss of poverty.

^^^
I took offense to the above statement....The stupid and corrupt government officials letting their people down you speak of are puppets of the US/West so the US has already been meddeling in Haitis affairs for atleast a couple centuries...You were suggesting that Haiti's poor state is solely due to their own incompetatence and if the US tried to play a genuine positive role in helping them develop as opposed to the false pretense of aiding Haiti to recolonizie them would make things worst. when infact if the US really wanted to help all it would have to is remove it's agents out of the Haitian government and the unfair trade restrictions/colonial era debst criippling it's economy..Considering those circustances your argument is illogical one that only arrogant and racist peckerwod would make.

You're just one of those over sensitive fakkity ******s with no educated. Don't post here anymore.

intruder

SOHH Class of 2003 and CASUAL sports fan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Love
I need a Haitian woman in my life. :noah:

Except for this Haitian chick i had a crush on and end ended up having a quick fling with this past year, the past few years I've dated nothing but Yankees, and Guyanese chicks. I cant front tho Guyanese women spoil the fukk out of a man. Had a brother thinking "damn these other brawds be holding back on a breh"

But yesterday was chilling at my homies superbowl party and a little crew of Haitian brawds came in and I was like :whoo:

Mwen sonje fanm kreyol dous mwen :ohlawd:

Lord Scion

Quality Games
Supporter
Daps
To any Haitian that owns a Vita:

This Assassin

xlarge.jpg

Kotaku: At what point in the game's development was the decision made about Aveline's ethnic make-up? From the very beginning of design, or was it when the story was being fleshed out, presumably a bit later?

Jill Murray: Who Aveline is and where she was from were important to the team in Sofia from the very beginning, long before I or even Richard joined the project. They did their research and decided from the beginning that a woman Assassin of French and Haitian descent would be a compelling character. They were right!

Kotaku: I pointed out some of the historical tropes that show up in Liberation, like the tragic mulatto, slave revenge and the Back-to-Africa movement. Was it coincidence or was it a conscious decision by you and the other developers to work those elements in there? Did you and the team do any kind of research in the name of authenticity?

Jill Murray: Personally, I am unevenly read, and my academic background is in Theatre Production, not English or cultural studies. In theatre, our approach to text was with an eye for how to bring worlds and characters to life, rather than for the sake of analysis itself. Consequently I don't have a strong vocabulary of tropes and conventions, and continue to approach everything from a practical standpoint, looking for the best way to learn about people and understand life by making things.

(Rest of the article in the lank)

Nice to know that Haitians are getting represented in gaming now, though she had to be marketed as half-African due to Haiti not existing during that time frame as the French still firmly controlled Saint-Domingue.

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
To any Haitian that owns a Vita:

This Assassin

xlarge.jpg

Kotaku: At what point in the game's development was the decision made about Aveline's ethnic make-up? From the very beginning of design, or was it when the story was being fleshed out, presumably a bit later?

Jill Murray: Who Aveline is and where she was from were important to the team in Sofia from the very beginning, long before I or even Richard joined the project. They did their research and decided from the beginning that a woman Assassin of French and Haitian descent would be a compelling character. They were right!

Kotaku: I pointed out some of the historical tropes that show up in Liberation, like the tragic mulatto, slave revenge and the Back-to-Africa movement. Was it coincidence or was it a conscious decision by you and the other developers to work those elements in there? Did you and the team do any kind of research in the name of authenticity?

Jill Murray: Personally, I am unevenly read, and my academic background is in Theatre Production, not English or cultural studies. In theatre, our approach to text was with an eye for how to bring worlds and characters to life, rather than for the sake of analysis itself. Consequently I don't have a strong vocabulary of tropes and conventions, and continue to approach everything from a practical standpoint, looking for the best way to learn about people and understand life by making things.

(Rest of the article in the lank)

Nice to know that Haitians are getting represented in gaming now, though she had to be marketed as half-African due to Haiti not existing during that time frame as the French still firmly controlled Saint-Domingue.

Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flag should be an opportunity to show more Haitians but I don't know if Ubisoft going to bother. It would be a shame because Tortuga aka Haiti was heavy in the piracy for the era they're making the game for.

Beerus

Banned
Daps
Reppin
PC BRO #LWO
Bet yall ain't know Future was Haitian?:mjpls:

shyt made a nikka feel all kinds of good when I learned that.:salute:

Black Kurt Kobain:blessed:

and my nikka shawn hunter was dating a bad ass haitian too(The actress playing Angela is Haitian)
shawn-angela-boy-meets-world-7872822-720-480.jpg
:salute:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Bet yall ain't know Future was Haitian?:mjpls:

shyt made a nikka feel all kinds of good when I learned that.:salute:

Black Kurt Kobain:blessed:

and my nikka shawn hunter was dating a bad ass haitian too(The actress playing Angela is Haitian)
shawn-angela-boy-meets-world-7872822-720-480.jpg
:salute:

I didn't know Ace Hood and Future was haitian up until the other day.

Beerus

Banned
Daps
Reppin
PC BRO #LWO
:ufdup:
:mindblown: this is actually a bad thing

nikka the new national anthem of Haiti should be made by Future
Future>>>>>>Wyclef jean and every haitian artist
Hes the best Haitian artist of all times!
Hes what Tupac and Biggie were to New York and LA

Freebannndzz:ahh:

BigMan

Veteran
Daps

nikka the new national anthem of Haiti should be made by Future
Future>>>>>>Wyclef jean and every haitian artist
Hes the best Haitian artist of all times!
Hes what Tupac and Biggie were to New York and LA

Freebannndzz:ahh:

:what: I dig Ace Hood (didn't know he was Haitian) and Future ) but stop it. The Fugees are the GOATs

Last edited:

Soundbwoy

Accept to take the L
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Montreal