Gym shyt you used to swear by that you bushed

TLR Is Mental Poison

The Coli Is Not For You
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Opposite Of Elliott Wilson's Mohawk
Hope the title was clear, let me give some examples:

• Fasted cardio- I used to swear by this for cutting, till one day I tried cardio with food and was able to go way further. Now I always eat
  • No arm work- "I dont need that frou frou shyt".... fast forward a few years and direct arm work has my shyts looking right. I'm so pissed I threw away all those years not hitting them :snoop:
  • shytty leg work- half squatting like a dumbass. Thankfully my legs take to gains like nothing so I made up lost ground fast
  • No creatine- when I first started lifting and I didn't know shyt about diet I tried creatine while I was getting fat and thought that was the cause. Again fast forward to now and I think it's helped a lot, especially for muscle retention in my cut
I feel like we have done a thread like this already but I was just thinking about this... add on

Jesus

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NZ
Wrist Supports - Used to ache when I didn't use them now my wrist are strong and I don't even look back. Same thing with gloves, I manned the fukk up and stop using them after year one.

Pre-workouts - Too much bullshyt in them, if I do need a pep I'll take a caffeine pill to get me hyped.

Cable Flys/ Upright Rows - Just demonic exercises and you are liable to fukk up some shyt.

NSSVO

Veteran
Daps
Doctors told me barbell squats heavy are pretty much done. I had shytty form plus my line of work lead to two patellar tendon repairs.
Go hard EVERY time. As you get older, some weeks here and there you gotta listen to your body.

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
Ironically about your arms comment, I would say going heavy on arms is what I bushed. Maybe it depends on fitness goals or body composition or who knows. I feel that working arms isn't as important when I'm cutting compared to if I was bulking. Granted I still throw in some curls and triceps work here and there usually on leg day. But I don't dedícate a whole day to them like I used to. Especially since they don't burn as much calories as multi muscle exercises. And I'm sure they get some work in during things like the bench press and stuff like that. Maybe I've just reached a plateau on arms and don't feel necessary in going too hard on them. I've always had decent arms with muscles and little if any fat. I guess I worked them out more back then but not as much now. My arms are only 14 inches flexed so it's not like I have 22 inch pythons or anything, but at 165 they decent enough.

To add something to the thread, I used to love doing leg raises on the captains chair. But I bushed that when I found a better alternative in hanging leg raises. Granted I haven't gotten to full leg rom yet, just knees, but still much better exercise for me.

NatiboyB

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I think back to all of the money I wasted in my life on supplements...The only shyt I should of been taking is bulk Beta Alanine, Creatine, multivitamin, BCAAs.

I wasted hundreds on muscle tech and GNC bullshyt products

☃ ೋ

Superstar
Daps
Doctors told me barbell squats heavy are pretty much done. I had shytty form plus my line of work lead to two patellar tendon repairs.
Go hard EVERY time. As you get older, some weeks here and there you gotta listen to your body.

Did you need to have surgery, or do you mean like physical rehab repairs? My right patella hurts every now and then when I squat heavy, but since it first started I've been using knee wraps; and it isn't too bad anymore.

NSSVO

Veteran
Daps
Did you need to have surgery, or do you mean like physical rehab repairs? My right patella hurts every now and then when I squat heavy, but since it first started I've been using knee wraps; and it isn't too bad anymore.

I had two repairs on each knee plus rehab :sadcam: I still try to get it in, but training legs isn't the same. Extra ordinary.

G-Zeus

G-Zeus Chrystler...the brehsident
Daps
Reppin
Brehsident evil
Hope the title was clear, let me give some examples:

• Fasted cardio- I used to swear by this for cutting, till one day I tried cardio with food and was able to go way further. Now I always eat
  • No arm work- "I dont need that frou frou shyt".... fast forward a few years and direct arm work has my shyts looking right. I'm so pissed I threw away all those years not hitting them :snoop:
  • shytty leg work- half squatting like a dumbass. Thankfully my legs take to gains like nothing so I made up lost ground fast
  • No creatine- when I first started lifting and I didn't know shyt about diet I tried creatine while I was getting fat and thought that was the cause. Again fast forward to now and I think it's helped a lot, especially for muscle retention in my cut
I feel like we have done a thread like this already but I was just thinking about this... add on
fasted cardio....

its not about going far tho.. its about making your body dip on the fast reserve... when you eat.. for sure you will go faster but its using the fuel you just put in your blood.

since access to stomach wall fat (non viceral) is hard to reach... doing it while fasting makes the body more efficient at reaching it....

i used to do the opposite and eat before.. but my result are far much faster while 5+ year older... i eat before strength training tho.

TLR Is Mental Poison

The Coli Is Not For You
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Opposite Of Elliott Wilson's Mohawk
fasted cardio....

its not about going far tho.. its about making your body dip on the fast reserve... when you eat.. for sure you will go faster but its using the fuel you just put in your blood.

since access to stomach wall fat (non viceral) is hard to reach... doing it while fasting makes the body more efficient at reaching it....

i used to do the opposite and eat before.. but my result are far much faster while 5+ year older... i eat before strength training tho.
I think with cardio, fasted or not, you're going to tap into those stubborn fat regions just from the increased blood flow. Plus metabolism isn't super cut and dry. Even "fasted" you are still pulling carbs out of your blood stream; the fat burning happens afterwards as it's not a fast enough process to go feed muscles in real time.

In any case if it works for you :hubie: But I found that shifting a couple hundred calories before my cardio allowed me to get more done than going fasted

G-Zeus

G-Zeus Chrystler...the brehsident
Daps
Reppin
Brehsident evil
I think with cardio, fasted or not, you're going to tap into those stubborn fat regions just from the increased blood flow. Plus metabolism isn't super cut and dry. Even "fasted" you are still pulling carbs out of your blood stream; the fat burning happens afterwards as it's not a fast enough process to go feed muscles in real time.

In any case if it works for you :hubie: But I found that shifting a couple hundred calories before my cardio allowed me to get more done than going fasted
yeah. its different for everyone..

for me.. with calories i can go harder but without calories.. i feel the effect more.. feels like i am in survival mode... like catch the rabbit before souper runs away.