Gym brehs, come in here and post workout / diet tips that have actually worked for you

Luck

The one true gym gawd...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Raw Cacao is also some of the most beneficial things you can put in your body. So many health benefits from raw chocolate before they add all the unhealthy and unnatural sweetener's and dairy to it.

Unflavored protein powder and raw cacao :lupe:

What do you think? And best quality / brand for the price?

jerniebert

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Fresno, Ca
Unflavored protein powder and raw cacao :lupe:

What do you think? And best quality / brand for the price?

As far as protein powder goes I don't use it I try to get my protein other ways, so can't help you there.

But as far as Cacao Powder goes. Here goes a link to what I currently use. I usually just add water and ice put in a shaker bottle for pre or post work out. 1 or 2 tablespoons to 16 oz of almond or cashew milk also works. Nut milk(pause) works best. You can put it in oatmeal or cereal as well. Less gritty cause it sticks to the grains.

There are probably cheaper options out there but you get a pound and it lasts a long time. My wife and I both take the raw cacao and we're not even half way done with the bag after a month of using it everyday. Just look for something organic and make sure it says raw cacao/cocoa. Raw cacao nibs are also a good option. They're bitter but you can pop them and eat them like a snack. Saves the hassle of mixing the powder.

Like all healthy options it takes a little getting used to, but the benefits are incredible.

www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00H5DTAXS?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00

Scientific Playa

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Championships
did my marathon gym day today ... usually do it on thursday but gotta put my whip in the shop tomorrow.

2 hrs. of mild cardio work on the cybex 750 ....... 575 calories and 530.

15 mins. of lifting: chest press, curls, lat pulldowns

5 x 12 leg lifts for lower abdomen

10 x 12 leg curls

finally i jumped on the treadmill for two all out sprints

that samsung 'milk' hip-hop radio station is all that. 3 hrs of music with no repeats.

begin and ended my workout with PE songs ..... 'fight the power', and 'can't truss it'

towards the end of the cardio work 'naughty by nature/ hip hop hooray' came on and put me in another dimension
:blessed:

on the way home the fugees was rockin

FUGEES LYRICS
"Fu-Gee-La"

I sit 90 degrees underneath palm trees,
Smokin' beadies as I burn my calories,

From Hawaii to Hawthorne, I run marathons, like
Buju Banton, I'm a true champion,

Scientific Playa

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Championships
dropped the whip off for maintenance, rode my bike to the gym .5 mile away

clocked 30 minutes of cardio .... 307 calories
100 sit- ups
2 x 12 legs lifts
2 x 12 pictorial press 70 lbs.
biked home 3 miles and got some natural sunlight vitamin d
another 3 miles when it's ready

then the work-out week will be complete unless i get bored over the weekend

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
Drink your vegetables much better than eating them

I'm always surprised at the amount of people that talk about working out claim to enjoy vegetables. They're nasty

I drink them in the morning to get it out of the way

Luck

The one true gym gawd...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Drink your vegetables much better than eating them

I'm always surprised at the amount of people that talk about working out claim to enjoy vegetables. They're nasty

I drink them in the morning to get it out of the way

I always liked the taste of veges :yeshrug:

My ma told me when I was a young kid I used to "sneak" vegetables off the counter while she was cooking when I thought she wasn't looking

But then again people call me weird because I never eat desserts or any sweets and it's not just because of health reasons. I don't have the urge or taste for the shyt and most of its usually too rich for me

Luck

The one true gym gawd...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Got a kilo of that raw comin in :youngsabo:

:salute: @jerniebert

Also wanted to add something I do that may or may not have any benefits but a little while after I workout and eat / drink my shake + supps I flex whatever muscle group(s) I worked really hard for a few seconds, multiple times.

I figure while nutrient rich blood is flowing through my veins I can try to increase blood flow to those areas I hit by doing this. There's nothing scientific or anything behind why I do it, just something I figure can potentially have an effect

Maybe I'm just a weird nikka :yeshrug:

Spliff

Godzilla got busy.
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
Got a kilo of that raw comin in :youngsabo:

:salute: @jerniebert

Also wanted to add something I do that may or may not have any benefits but a little while after I workout and eat / drink my shake + supps I flex whatever muscle group(s) I worked really hard for a few seconds, multiple times.

I figure while nutrient rich blood is flowing through my veins I can try to increase blood flow to those areas I hit by doing this. There's nothing scientific or anything behind why I do it, just something I figure can potentially have an effect

Maybe I'm just a weird nikka :yeshrug:

Active recovery, there's some science to it. Goes along your line of thinking.

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
In terms of what you gonna have on a daily process. Outside of milk of your choice have the rest of your drinks be water. Altho I personally need my coffee tho.

Also try to eat lots of lean meats. Chicken, salmon, tuna, etc. also switch to either eggs or oatmeal for breakfast. For me I mix oatmeal with a banana and im set till lunch. Altho I mix it up and eat an egg & chesse sandwich if I already worked out or it's an off day.

Luck

The one true gym gawd...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
In terms of what you gonna have on a daily process. Outside of milk of your choice have the rest of your drinks be water. Altho I personally need my coffee tho.

Also try to eat lots of lean meats. Chicken, salmon, tuna, etc. also switch to either eggs or oatmeal for breakfast. For me I mix oatmeal with a banana and im set till lunch. Altho I mix it up and eat an egg & chesse sandwich if I already worked out or it's an off day.

That's all I drink is water, milk, coffee, and green tea.

I mix a banana with my oatmeal with peanut butter and boiled eggs

shyt is probably the goat breakfast

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
That's all I drink is water, milk, coffee, and green tea.

I mix a banana with my oatmeal with peanut butter and boiled eggs

shyt is probably the goat breakfast

shyt peanut butter on oatmeal sounds so good. But knowing me I put too much on it honestly. Once I got my diet right eating is much more enjoyable compared to when I was 190 or even boarderline obese.

J.Pinkman

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Oats are a god send when trying to keep your calories under control. Can have me not feeling hungry for hours.

And switch regular milk to almond milk to save on calories.

Oh and get on that PHAT routine.

Kal El

All Star
Daps
Reppin
USA
Creatine is the truth.

I almost said pre-workout, but I'm convinced that the key ingredient in the C4 pre-workout I'm taking is creatine.

It's like a damn PED. At the end of my workouts and I'll be like, "Well I destroyed everything. Guess it's time to go." You'll still have endurance after an hour in the gym.

When I was off C4, workouts were a grind. Had to push myself to finish.