Gym brehs, come in here and post workout / diet tips that have actually worked for you

Luck

The one true gym gawd...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Your body adapts to everything eventually if you switch up your routines every few months I guarantee you see more results

Not saying you gotta do some complex shyt just switching things up a little and hitting different muscles

Yea I already cycle variations of workouts but truth be told I believed I reached my physical peak a couple of years ago in my mid 20s

I'm happy with maintenance at this point, everyone tells me I'm too damn big as it is and I don't want to get freakishly big. Plus all that heavy weight lifting for years has taken its toll on my joints so I'm comfortable with my workout scheme as is

It's disgusting but if you have a juicer

Cabbage juice will clean you out and also burns fat

Again it's very harsh and best to try to mix it with maybe carrots or something

What about cooked cabbage and the juice from it :lupe:

Da_Eggman

Can't trust every face you gotta watch em
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So-Fla
Yea I already cycle variations of workouts but truth be told I believed I reached my physical peak a couple of years ago in my mid 20s

I'm happy with maintenance at this point, everyone tells me I'm too damn big as it is and I don't want to get freakishly big. Plus all that heavy weight lifting for years has taken its toll on my joints so I'm comfortable with my workout scheme as is

What about cooked cabbage and the juice from it :lupe:
It has to be raw cabbage

Its similar to wheat grass juice

Will detox your body

jerniebert

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Fresno, Ca
I take probiotics, drink green juice/smoothies, cranberry pills, turmeric, fish oil, green coffee bean extract, and garcinia cambigia. Ever since I started taken natural supplements my weight, clothes size, and health numbers have all improved. I've only been on natural supplements for about a month and I feel the difference.

semtex

:)
Daps
See I'm not with the all the different or new types of workouts when it comes to lifting and gaining muscle

Most important part in gaining is recognizing what your body responds to and keeping you're muscles satiated with nutrients

Not saying I'm against it or any specific workout, I'm just saying if you follow the basics you will gain.

That being said, I might need to switch it up and do something different. Been doing the basically the same :flabbynsick: Variations workout cycles for years but I've always gained from it so that's why I've been reluctant to switch it up
I needed structure

Luck

The one true gym gawd...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
German Volume Training is mad old school, actually.

Never said it wasn't old school, I said different or new, 5x5 workout is based off of GVT and that shyt that was being used in the 80s. It's started to gain popularity out here in recent years and it's a decent beginner routine but just like with anything else in life, your program should be based on whatever your Short or long term goals are.

Big Jo

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I am on the Google now but can you give some details including brand?

this speaks to the benefits more than I ever could:

best product on the market right now in terms of bang for your buck:

http://www.swansonvitamins.com/swan...er-potent-reishi-mushroom-complex-60-veg-caps

what i do though is buy the powder in bulk on ebay:

(edit - ebay links are not working for some reason but the seller is mushroomshen, and the product is duanwood reishi extract. they sell cracked reishi spores which i blend in as well)

and then encapsulate it myself:

(search for capsule machine on ebay, get the $17.95 joint)

it's a pain in the ass, but more cost effective in the long run

@The ADD ebay links weren't working. just edited.

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The greatest thing I ever did in my life was stop drinking soda and juices COMPLETELY and relying on water. I lost mad weight when I was heavy, felt so much better and more energetic, am happier, all of that shyt. I know it's a simple one.

TLR Is Mental Poison

The Coli Is Not For You
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Opposite Of Elliott Wilson's Mohawk
It's disgusting but if you have a juicer

Cabbage juice will clean you out and also burns fat

Again it's very harsh and best to try to mix it with maybe carrots or something
Cabbage juice :swagscust: U about 2 relations away from tuna juice :lolbron:

My tips

Hit all your muscles at least 2x/week. 3 can be done but 2 is more realistic with a 9 to 5 and a life

TAKE FIBER. Cant believe nobody else mentioned this :what: Obviously will have your shyts moving like an eel down a greasy slip and slide (pause), but also helps with cardiovascular health and water balance. I was stalled for a minute on my cut and leaned out quick when I started taking fiber again.

Be careful with the stimulants. Me personally, if I have anything more than a soda worth of caffeine after like noon, it fukks with my sleep. And sleep is GOD. For a pre workout, I take some kind of mix of fiber, BCAAs and if it's going to be a long or grueling workout highly branched cyclic dextrose (GOAT intraworkout carb)

For me, on a cut, going really high protein/medium fat/surprisingly low carb has worked really well. Obviously you need the protein to hold on to muscle and recover. Fats help protect your joints and keep ur hormones and sanity in check. Carbs are OK but too much will make you hold onto water and make your blood sugar levels less stable. I dont know about that keto shyt but keepign things under 100g a day on average for carbs has worked well for me.

Work on your imbalances, especially if they are fukking with your posture. If your posture is shyt odds are high you have anterior pelvic tilt. That shyt can even cause slouching. There are a ton of routines and resources online to address this, but the long and short of it is to stretch your lower back, and strengthen your abs and shoulder external rotation. Sitting at a desk all day causes these imbalances.

Shadow King

Quiet N***a Loud Choppa
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hometown of Cherokee at Law
Post little or well known tips and tricks that have actually worked for you with your diet and workout.

Supersets with heavier weights. shyt is hard to get your body accustomed to at first but once you do, it makes your workouts that much better. A lot of people like to a do a set then bullshyt around until the next set but if I'm doing any lift I always superset that that with something else back to back. Like if I'm doing bench I'm doing a set a curls after that, shoulder press with pull ups, dips with triceps extensions, squats with calve raises, leg curls with leg extensions, etc... I get more accomplished in a shorter amount of time and it built my endurance up real good

Nutribullet or mixer green smoothies for breakfast. When I'm on point with my breakfast smoothie I feel like Tyson in his prime :wow:. I swear to god I feel a night and day difference when I'm doing this daily and when I slip and stop doing this for a while.

A good zinc supplement. The shyt makes me sleep better and I notice a difference with how I nut on top of it making me more horny and dikk hard as a brick in the morning and at night ( pause :whoa: )

Matcha green tea with honey daily. I don't really get sick like that for years on end, maybe it's the tea helping maybe not :yeshrug: but the shyt makes me feel good

Taking a straight caffiene pill before working out instead of a preworkout. 100 pills is like $5 ok Amazon and I get the same results

When I'm trying to gain muscle / bulk ( or when I was trying, I'm content where I'm at now ) eating right before bed and setting an alarm at night to wake up and drink a protein shake worked really well for me. I was too busy to eat like I was supposed to be eating thoughtout the day so that was when I got the bulk of my calories in

When I'm cutting, lifting and cardio
on an empty stomach with just a caffiene pill and green tea with no honey or sweetener. Another thing that takes some adjusting to get comfortable with but the shyt always works for me like a charm if you can push yourself to get through the workout. You'll get used to it after awhile

Drinking milk with shakes and all day. I go through a gallon in a 2 or 3 days max. Another thing that isn't for everyone since I know most us are lactose intolerant but I swear by it.

Steam room after working out :blessed::blessed::blessed: shyt clears out my lungs and sinuses and I feel so fukking good after :wow:. Perfect time to do abs too to get a good sweat going. Find a gym with a steam room brehs

Stretching and / or yoga. I know lifters are like :whoa: but religious stretching will make your back, knees, shoulders, etc... Feel so much better as a lifter and improve your form on deep squats and behind the head lifts. This has single-handedly made a lot of my aches and pains go away in my back and knees plus the women that take these classes :ohlawd:. Easy way to make some new flexible friends :shaq:

Anything else I'm forgetting I'll add as I remember if anyone gives a fukk.
This shyt really a lifestyle.
I hope one day I can make time for it :wow: and eat wayyyyy better of course

Luck

The one true gym gawd...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Cabbage juice :swagscust: U about 2 relations away from tuna juice :lolbron:

My tips

Hit all your muscles at least 2x/week. 3 can be done but 2 is more realistic with a 9 to 5 and a life

TAKE FIBER. Cant believe nobody else mentioned this :what: Obviously will have your shyts moving like an eel down a greasy slip and slide (pause), but also helps with cardiovascular health and water balance. I was stalled for a minute on my cut and leaned out quick when I started taking fiber again.

Be careful with the stimulants. Me personally, if I have anything more than a soda worth of caffeine after like noon, it fukks with my sleep. And sleep is GOD. For a pre workout, I take some kind of mix of fiber, BCAAs and if it's going to be a long or grueling workout highly branched cyclic dextrose (GOAT intraworkout carb)

For me, on a cut, going really high protein/medium fat/surprisingly low carb has worked really well. Obviously you need the protein to hold on to muscle and recover. Fats help protect your joints and keep ur hormones and sanity in check. Carbs are OK but too much will make you hold onto water and make your blood sugar levels less stable. I dont know about that keto shyt but keepign things under 100g a day on average for carbs has worked well for me.

Work on your imbalances, especially if they are fukking with your posture. If your posture is shyt odds are high you have anterior pelvic tilt. That shyt can even cause slouching. There are a ton of routines and resources online to address this, but the long and short of it is to stretch your lower back, and strengthen your abs and shoulder external rotation. Sitting at a desk all day causes these imbalances.

Yea I slipped on the fiber consumption but only because that was assumed when I suggested the smoothies and eating right but you're 1000% correct

You're wrong on the working a muscle multiple times a week tho. Depends on your workout and how intense you're hitting a specific area. Not because of muscle growth reasons because your muscles are healed after a couple of days. But because ligaments and other joint / connective tissue takes longer to heal and is easier to damage

You're absolutely correct on the imbalances tho and everyone should incorporate that shyt in

Luck

The one true gym gawd...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
This shyt really a lifestyle.
I hope one day I can make time for it :wow: and eat wayyyyy better of course

Bruh, get on it and stay consistent. I promise you this is one life change you won't ever regret and you'll feel like you could beat any nikka in his prime every day

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
probably just going to take Caffeine tabs, Yohimbine, and BCAAs (plant sourced) pre workout once I finish the stuff I have now.