Guyana launches million dollar initiative to bring back members of their diaspora

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
It's a joke........

Female rappers too, IDGAF boo

Those trips to Belize had you living on your knees

*just jokes

I normally include the *just jokes tag at the end so nobody misinterprets .

Sorry if I offended you

billy_batts1.jpg

It's cool @Nikkasgetneggedeverydayb ..

Me know how small island people dem stay :hubie:

:mjlol:

FunkDoc1112

Heavily Armed
Daps
Reppin
The 718
I have family from Guyana and this is a good idea but Guyana is still one of the poorest countries in the world with very little critical infrastructure and still quite violent for non-tourists. Also has some of the highest suicide rates in the world (top 5).

The country really needs to focus on tackling many of their domestic issues before looking outward.

Where my London and NYC GT brehs at :blessed:
My father's Guyanese. Got to NYC illegally back in the 80s :mjlol: . Still got family in Brooklyn. My cousin actually owns an apartment complex over there.

FunkDoc1112

Heavily Armed
Daps
Reppin
The 718
As a Guyanese man, I have no intention to go back and forth to Guyana. My family from an area that’s a two hours long car ride along a dirt road from the airport. All of em left as well.

I’ll be visiting for the first time next year
My dad said a lot of Guyanese folks have that crab in a barrel mentality. He was actually part of a foundation trying to improve things over there but said it's just too much of an uphill battle.

loyola llothta

☭☭☭
Daps
Reppin
BaBylon
The escalation of that kind of targeted violence makes any kind of development impossible.

Killing ministers, kidnapping preachers who are live streaming, holding nuns and priests hostage.
This is levels above any of the violence most of are accustomed to from there.

Haiti was and is poorly run. Most of the development that's occurred there the past 40 years was funded by diasporans breaking their backs in foreign countries to wire money from C.A.M. or Hacotrans. Or shipping barrels down.
Govt. sat back and let us and our relatives do what they were supposed to.

Now they can't even protect the Golden Goose.
You was supporting the government that was kidnapping innocent people now you acting like you care

BigMan

Veteran
Daps
They have to say that, though.

You have more knowledge about this than I do, having different heritages, but I think in this case the push back is coming from the elite on the island. They are big fish in little ponds, so to speak.
Guyanese working and being educated in countries with more developed economies and infrastructure and coming back, might upset the existing social pecking order.
True.

Scustin Bieburr

Baby baybee baybee UUUGH
Daps
This seems rational. There are many people from Guyana who are living a subpar existence in the US. If they bring accumulated wealth over they could start businesses for much less cost than in the US.

As African, carribean and South American nations start growing their middle class and infrastructure, Americans will be looking at taking a chance abroad. 100k could get you a house in a small city in the US, but that same 100k could get you a sizable piece of land in another country and you'd have money to spare

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
I have family from Guyana and this is a good idea but Guyana is still one of the poorest countries in the world with very little critical infrastructure and still quite violent for non-tourists. Also has some of the highest suicide rates in the world (top 5).

The country really needs to focus on tackling many of their domestic issues before looking outward.

Where my London and NYC GT brehs at :blessed:

Guyana is almost 9000 USD per capita now. That's 69/188 countries and that GDP should double every 4 - 7 years if the oil/gas work out.