Guyana launches million dollar initiative to bring back members of their diaspora

Soundbwoy

Accept to take the L
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Montreal
They have to say that, though.

You have more knowledge about this than I do, having different heritages, but I think in this case the push back is coming from the elite on the island. They are big fish in little ponds, so to speak.
Guyanese working and being educated in countries with more developed economies and infrastructure and coming back, might upset the existing social pecking order.
the same shyt is going on in Haiti, many in the diaspora would love to come back and help our people but with the kidnappings and people destroying properties its not possible

Actually6Foot3

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
BKNY
Mom dukes is there visiting right now.

I haven't been since middle School and currently have no plans to go back.

If they don't squander the money from the oil discoveries and put it towards development we could escape being one of the poorest countries in the world. I doubt it though. Too much corruption.

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
MOI5Aar.png
Yep.You caught me.
But If I see your flag at the West Indian Day Parade, it's an island.

Belizean rappers, too. I don't give a fukk, boo

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
I have family from Guyana and this is a good idea but Guyana is still one of the poorest countries in the world with very little critical infrastructure and still quite violent for non-tourists. Also has some of the highest suicide rates in the world (top 5).

The country really needs to focus on tackling many of their domestic issues before looking outward.

Where my London and NYC GT brehs at :blessed:
I take it that's part of their plan to develop domestically.
grace.jpg

zha-zha-and-karyll-013.jpg
Remittances from abroad aren't enough, I guess. They want to attract re-pats to help develop the economy and infrastructure.

Last edited:

Actually6Foot3

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
BKNY
I take it that's part of their plan to develop domestically.
grace.jpg

Remittances from abroad aren't enough, I guess. They want to attract re-pats to help develop the economy and infrastructure.
of course. Brain drain is a muhfukka and it's why western countries continue to accept immigrants to the disdain of the local population. But as it stands the richer/smarter ones are the ones emigrating.

They want those individuals back.

$38 mill ain't shyt though. They'll need to devote way more than that and get a had on the crime and dilapidated infrastructure

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
the same shyt is going on in Haiti, many in the diaspora would love to come back and help our people but with the kidnappings and people destroying properties its not possible
The escalation of that kind of targeted violence makes any kind of development impossible.

Killing ministers, kidnapping preachers who are live streaming, holding nuns and priests hostage.
This is levels above any of the violence most of are accustomed to from there.

Haiti was and is poorly run. Most of the development that's occurred there the past 40 years was funded by diasporans breaking their backs in foreign countries to wire money from C.A.M. or Hacotrans. Or shipping barrels down.
Govt. sat back and let us and our relatives do what they were supposed to.

Now they can't even protect the Golden Goose.

Makavalli

Sinister is a system
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Do they even have that money?? The few Guyanese brehs i know say its dangerous and dirt poor back there but the ones who do back go to floss and stunt on their broke countrymen on some fukkboy shyt so i can understand them being food for the locals.

another thing why all the brehs from over there claim to be some kind of manager/supervisor/engineer/ etc??? Im like damn all bosses no worker bees

:russ: