Guy Ritchie's 2017 "King Arthur" movie thread

Rev

Bong
Daps
Reppin
Uptown
Damn, shyt looks ill and I like the style. Looks like he a took a little page out of Snyder's "300" book, but definitely his own as well.

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
This could be good or just mediocre. I like the look and feel, dialogue should be on point/funny since it's a guy ritchie flick but have we seen him delve into these high level uses of CGI though? I feel like in that area the film COULD be a bit muddled/mediocre.

Box Cutta

Bumbling Sidekick
Daps
Reppin
Sanitation Department
1st trailer just dropped at SDCC:

I'm not feelin' this....:manny:

They really think they are about to do something with this? Why not cut the budget in half, cast some people with some true chops (Charlie Hunnam as King Arthur....:laff:), and not try to make a block-buster out of a story that doesn't need to be a blockbuster?

It seems like Guy Ritchie is going for some sort of A Knight's Take (2001) sort of thing. That movie worked because it was a self-contained story that didn't have the weight of any actual historical important attached to it. Here? Everything seems off.

If Ritchie can make something that is even half as good as the Excalibur movie from the 1980s then I am on board.

:ohhh: I've never seen that movie. Is it a classic epic movie?

You know, I understand your skepticism. I'd never seen Guy Ritchie do fantasy either. But I think his English background, and because this story has such a rich history with tons and tons of mythology behind it, he can succeed. Plus, I've heard the script is phenomenal. I think Ritchie will probably take a Game of Thrones type of approach the series. Where even though it has fantastical elements its feel real.

Anybody seen Excalibur? That was a dope movie ahead of it's time. A mix of Excalibur and Game of Thrones stylistically and this movie can be a hit.

Excalibur was the last good King Arthur film, and that ish was brilliant. I will say that if anything, Guy Ritchie does know how to make memorable characters, so at least he has that going for him.

:ohlawd:

Actually one of my all time faves. It has this mixture of....camp and trashiness, but, mixed in with sincerity and realism. It's hard to pinpoint. GoT (And other premium TV shows) seem to come closest to that tone today, but the MOVIES all seem to fukk it up either through being over-indulgent, trying to modernize the material, or both. I'm thinking about films like Hercules (Both of them), the Clash Of The Titans remake and sequel, Seventh Son, Pompeii, Immortals, etc etc etc. They keep trying to make these things big giant blockbusters, but these stories don't really translate to that formula.

Last edited:

onlylno

Haitian American Descended From Slaves
Supporter
Daps
I'm excited because it looks like a gangsta GOT episode.

But the whole trailer has mixed tones.

:patrice:

Can't tell if it's going to be a gangsta film, or a classic Knight film, or a comedy, or a fantasy.