Guy Ritchie's 2017 "King Arthur" movie thread

Bud Bundy

A Bundy never cares
Daps
I wonder if Guy is going to go more fairy tale or try to make it more accurate.

jay211

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This Arthur movie is going to have fantasy elements. They have a 6 Movie bible for this movie. Warner Bros plans on making it a franchise.

Shogun

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Knicks
Guy Ritchie makes dope movies about the UK criminal underworld. Not so sure about this, though. Has a similar vibe to Aronofsky doing Noah :patrice:

jay211

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You know, I understand your skepticism. I'd never seen Guy Ritchie do fantasy either. But I think his English background, and because this story has such a rich history with tons and tons of mythology behind it, he can succeed. Plus, I've heard the script is phenomenal. I think Ritchie will probably take a Game of Thrones type of approach the series. Where even though it has fantastical elements its feel real.

Anybody seen Excalibur? That was a dope movie ahead of it's time. A mix of Excalibur and Game of Thrones stylistically and this movie can be a hit.

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
You know, I understand your skepticism. I'd never seen Guy Ritchie do fantasy either. But I think his English background, and because this story has such a rich history with tons and tons of mythology behind it, he can succeed. Plus, I've heard the script is phenomenal. I think Ritchie will probably take a Game of Thrones type of approach the series. Where even though it has fantastical elements its feel real.

Anybody seen Excalibur? That was a dope movie ahead of it's time. A mix of Excalibur and Game of Thrones stylistically and this movie can be a hit.

Excalibur was the last good King Arthur film, and that ish was brilliant. I will say that if anything, Guy Ritchie does know how to make memorable characters, so at least he has that going for him.

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
CHARLIE HUNNAM MAY PLAY KING ARTHUR FOR DIRECTOR GUY RITCHIE

Pic would reunite him with PacRim's Elba.

27 AUG 2014 BY JIM VEJVODA

Director Guy Ritchie's long-gestating King Arthur movie is shaping up to be a Pacific Rim reunion of sorts as Charlie Hunnam is reportedly in negotiations to play the title role opposite Idris Elba as his mentor.

Deadline claims Hunnam, whose FX television series Sons of Anarchy comes to an end this year, is in "final negotiations" to play the fabled British monarch. Ritchie's King Arthur is envisioned as the first entry in a new franchise of films.

pacrim-idris-elba-hunnam.jpg

Idris Elba and Charlie Hunnam in Pacific Rim.

This particular King Arthur project has almost come together a few different times in the past. The first attempt was with Game of Thrones' Kit Harington and Robocop's Joel Kinnaman as Arthur and Lancelot, respectively.

The studio later tried to get the film off the ground with Colin Farrell as Arthur and Gary Oldman as Merlin.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/08/28/charlie-hunnam-may-play-king-arthur-for-director-guy-ritchie