Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
Looks like it's confirmed:

Guy Ritchie's King Arthur Lives Again
Revisit Camelot with a big budget retelling of King Arthur's story

by Amy Ratcliffe APRIL 11, 2014

Knights and maidens, it's time for a new version of the classic story of King Arthur.

The Hollywood Reporter confirms that director Guy Ritchie (Snatch, Sherlock Holmes) will indeed be putting his spin on the Camelot legend in a new film that will be released on July 22, 2016. The big budget re-imagining from Warner Bros. will supposedly be primarily influenced by Thomas Mallory's 1845 book, Le Morte d'Arthur, but specific plot details haven't been revealed.

clive-owen-king-arthur-610x416.jpg

Clive Owen in 2004's King Arthur

Ritchie will also produce the movie alongside Lionel Wigram, Akiva Goldsman, Tory Tunnell, and Joby Harold. The latter is penning the script, and the film will be released in 2D and 3D.

It's been mentioned that there will be six films in the series, but only the first has been confirmed and given a release date. Warner Bros. probably needs to see how filming goes and what kind of financial returns they get from King Arthur before they greenlight that many movies. The material is definitely there, but they'll have to dive deep into the mythology to make the story last over six films.

Guy Ritchie's King Arthur Lives Again - IGN

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
Why do you need 6 films? I'm assuming this is essentially an adaption of The Once and Future King. So the first film would largely be The Sword and The Stone and end with Arthur being crowned. After that you just need two more films to finish the story...

Arthur is not as interesting as execs think. Not knocking the story, but everyone knows it. Which means they'll add a bunch of ridiculous cgi shyt like those modern fairy tale re-tellings, but it'll still flop....

Daps
No intrest at all in this ish. 6 movies of this story? :dahell: Pass.

I would perfer a TV show along the lines of Vikings but I know they tried that ish with Camelot on Starz and that shyt was bad and flopped hard.

Last edited:

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
No intrest at all in this ish. 6 movies of this story? :dahell: Pass.

I would perfer a TV show along the lines of Vikings but I know they tried taht ish with Camelot on Starz and that shyt was bad and flopped hard.

I still haven't finished that series but the main git has to be the worst King Arthur I've seen. I'm pretty much watching the show for Merlin who's way too hammy btw :russ: and Eva Green.

Daps
I still haven't finished that series but the main git has to be the worst King Arthur I've seen. I'm pretty much watching the show for Merlin who's way too hammy btw :russ: and Eva Green.

Yeah, that nikka was frail as fukk. Only good thing about that show was Eva Green doing her thing. I cant remember what episode it was but they were supposed to have this big battle and the shyt turned out to be like an 8 on 8 scrimmage. I know the budget wasnt high or anything like that but I was straight :russ: at the whole scene and deaded the series right there.

I remember when it droped because it was the same time Game of Thrones dropped and the Borgias show came on. I was puting money on that Camelot was gon be the show I was gon' end up fukking with the most and that shyt was the worst and gone by year end and GOT been feeding a nikka for four plus years now :blessed:

Last edited: