Guillermo Del Toro Exits 'Justice League Dark'

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
Bullshyt transformer 1 is a legit classic. Now I can agree 2-4 is str8 trash

Transformers 1 was better than pacific rim in every way.

Yeah, that 15 minute scene of the Autobots playing hide & seek in Sam's backyard while his parents were making masturbation jokes sure was classic cinema...

Or how that police car Decepticon was gone for half the movie, returned to ride with the Decepticons to the city, then disappeared and was completely gone from the rest of the movie. That classic continuity...

And of course this:

Classic stuff all around. :beli:

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
He should of done JL dark
I agree but can't really fault him for wanting to play with his own toys instead of someone else's.
Even though I think WB would have probably allowed him to have all sorts of creative control on Justice League Dark.

Uno

Superstar
Daps
I agree but can't really fault him for wanting to play with his own toys instead of someone else's.
Even though I think WB would have probably allowed him to have all sorts of creative control on Justice League Dark.

It was his idea, he is the one that said he wanted to do the movie. He wrote the movies.

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
Yeah, that 15 minute scene of the Autobots playing hide & seek in Sam's backyard while his parents were making masturbation jokes sure was classic cinema...

Or how that police car Decepticon was gone for half the movie, returned to ride with the Decepticons to the city, then disappeared and was completely gone from the rest of the movie. That classic continuity...

And of course this:

Classic stuff all around. :beli:

And all that was still better than hunhams acting , the "comedy" and the cringe inducing dialogue of Pacific Rim.

We are cancelling the apocalypse, and queuing up salvation !:troll:

Who can not love a forced romantic angle with an actress who cant speak English. I've seen pieces of wood be more convincing.

The movie is bad, start to finish. It tries to take itself too seriously and throws in a couple "comedy characters" that can't produce a single smirk. I've seen fart jokes delivered with more wit.

After the 10th fight at night in the rain I couldn't wait for that piece of shyt to be over.

Transformers, is silly,but it knows its silly. Its based on a childrens cartoon created to sell toys. It knows that. The sequels are all pretty much ass cheeks, and the first is merely okay. But it will always be better than Pacific Rim.

Pacific Rim is a syfy film with a budget that tries to play it straight and copy every blockbuster trope.

TheGodling

Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
Transformers, is silly,but it knows its silly. Its based on a childrens cartoon created to sell toys. It knows that. The sequels are all pretty much ass cheeks, and the first is merely okay. But it will always be better than Pacific Rim.

Pacific Rim is a syfy film with a budget that tries to play it straight and copy every blockbuster trope.

Transformers is retarded and Bay doesn't give a fukk because he knows dumb-asses will pay to see it.

Pacific Rim doesn't take itself serious, it only opts to make the main characters serious to give the conflict some weight. I'm not saying that necessarily worked for the better but the Transformers movies, the first one included even if it's the 'best' of the bunch, are pure cinematic drivel in comparison.

And nobody in the world can tell me that the "We are canceling the Apocalypse!" line wasn't good for what it was. That was the right kind of cheesy, something the Transformers movies again never got right.

Daps
Reppin
Continental U.S.
And all that was still better than hunhams acting , the "comedy" and the cringe inducing dialogue of Pacific Rim.

We are cancelling the apocalypse, and queuing up salvation !:troll:

Who can not love a forced romantic angle with an actress who cant speak English. I've seen pieces of wood be more convincing.

The movie is bad, start to finish. It tries to take itself too seriously and throws in a couple "comedy characters" that can't produce a single smirk. I've seen fart jokes delivered with more wit.

After the 10th fight at night in the rain I couldn't wait for that piece of shyt to be over.

I slightly disagree with you. To me Transformers 1 reinvigorated the live action Mech Genre whom before mike bay had been dead in the U.S since robot jox in the 1980s. It had fun action set pieces that naturally built off on one another, the characters were all likeable and for one Meg Fox acting was believable and Shia LaBeouf killed it as the protagonist whom the fate of the world was thrown upon his shoulders. The comedy felt natural etc.

Daps
Reppin
Continental U.S.
Transformers is retarded and Bay doesn't give a fukk because he knows dumb-asses will pay to see it.

Pacific Rim doesn't take itself serious, it only opts to make the main characters serious to give the conflict some weight. I'm not saying that necessarily worked for the better but the Transformers movies, the first one included even if it's the 'best' of the bunch, are pure cinematic drivel in comparison.

And nobody in the world can tell me that the "We are canceling the Apocalypse!" line wasn't good for what it was. That was the right kind of cheesy, something the Transformers movies again never got right.
Stop it cuz there is no way you can call T1 cinematic drivel when on comparison to Pacific Rim when T1 had more compelling, interesting, and fun characters. shyt Shai LaBeouf parents alone shyt on any character pacific rim has in the entire movie.

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family

Pacific rim is retarded and del toro doesnt give a fukk because he knows dumb asses will pay for it.

Or will they? Seeing as the biggest difference between the two films is one is a runaway success and the other barely made enough for a sequel.

Del Toro sold himself out to make a hollywood blockbuster that failed to even be a blockbuster.

And the line is cheesey,yes. And it might work in that capacity IF it was delivered with the cheese it deserves. But no. It has elba trying his hardest to sell the line straight and thats why its so bad. Bruce Campbell would deliver that line practically winking at the camera. The whole film tries everything it does straight,and thats why its so bad. Its cheese attempting to be serious. Another failure of Del Toros direction of the film.

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
The acting was terrible in pacific rim outside of elba, pearlman, and dude from always sunny who provided much needed comic relief. But the special effects and fighting was fukking awesome and I liked some of the world building shyt that he did.

TheGodling

Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
Stop it cuz there is no way you can call T1 cinematic drivel when on comparison to Pacific Rim when T1 had more compelling, interesting, and fun characters. shyt Shai LaBeouf parents alone shyt on any character pacific rim has in the entire movie.

:mjlol:

Pacific rim is retarded and del toro doesnt give a fukk because he knows dumb asses will pay for it.

Or will they? Seeing as the biggest difference between the two films is one is a runaway success and the other barely made enough for a sequel.

I'm glad you're bringing up the 'box office success equals quality' argument so I can end the debate here since there's no point in entertaining dumb-ass logic like that any further.