Guillermo Del Toro Exits 'Justice League Dark'

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
To me breh, they're lateral moves. And yes, Charlie was terrible. You needed 80s/early 90s Kurt Russell in that role, not a walking talking piece of cardboard

If you think you can compare Pacific Rim to Bayformers you need to do yourself the disfavor of rewatching some of those Bayformers flicks and see what truly abominable cinema looks like.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
If you think you can compare Pacific Rim to Bayformers you need to do yourself the disfavor of rewatching some of those Bayformers flicks and see what truly abominable cinema looks like.

To me, they're both movies with meh characters, below average-average dialogue, and just loud robots clashing with each other. Pacific Rim had more heart to it, I'll give it that but I really feel like if you slapped Bay's name on Pacific Rim, the reception would've been different

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
To me, they're both movies with meh characters, below average-average dialogue, and just loud robots clashing with each other. Pacific Rim had more heart to it, I'll give it that but I really feel like if you slapped Bay's name on Pacific Rim, the reception would've been different
The difference for me (aside from being one of those people who sometimes just enjoys watching giant robots fight giant monsters) is that del Toro is a more talented filmmaker than Bay so visually his films look so much better than the repetitively pedestrian way that Bay shoots all of his films.

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam

Nope. If Bay's name was slapped on Pacific Rim, people would've been like "Looks like he's learning a bit". :ehh:

Unlike Bayformers Pacific Rim had simple, but straight forward character motivations instead of that extended 15 minute random jock comedy subplot bullshyt.

Unlike Bayformers Pacific Rim had well-choreographed action scenes that had logic and build-up behind them instead of being a bunch of muddled up trash explosions all over the place.

They aren't comparable at all, and again, Pacific Rim was just alright, but 'alright' is a status Bayformers never reached.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
The difference for me (aside from being one of those people who sometimes just enjoys watching giant robots fight giant monsters) is that del Toro is a more talented filmmaker than Bay so visually his films look so much better than the repetitively pedestrian way that Bay shoots all of his films.

Oh yeah I will agree with that, but I still say he made an average or below average flick and is boring as hell when monsters aren't fighting robots

Starman

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Slap michael bays name on it instead of del toros and watch how different the reception is.

The acting and comedy in that film was complete shyt.

I'm not into Bay bashing- I judge the work. The comedy was eh, the acting was serviceable. The action was glorious.

Daps
Reppin
Continental U.S.
Nope. If Bay's name was slapped on Pacific Rim, people would've been like "Looks like he's learning a bit". :ehh:

Unlike Bayformers Pacific Rim had simple, but straight forward character motivations instead of that extended 15 minute random jock comedy subplot bullshyt.

Unlike Bayformers Pacific Rim had well-choreographed action scenes that had logic and build-up behind them instead of being a bunch of muddled up trash explosions all over the place.

They aren't comparable at all, and again, Pacific Rim was just alright, but 'alright' is a status Bayformers never reached.
Bullshyt transformer 1 is a legit classic. Now I can agree 2-4 is str8 trash