Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Guillermo del Toro Gives The Reason Why He Left Justice League Dark
Dmfh4KK.jpg

Fans are still in denial that del Toro’s H.P. Lovecraft adaptation At The Mountains Of Madness is unlikely to come to fruition, and they suffered another loss on the eve of Comic-Con when it came to light that del Toro had split with the DC superhero team-up Justice League Dark.

According to del Toro, that decision came down to a scheduling conflict with Pacific Rim 2, which he’s in pre-production on ahead of a 2017 release.

“Warners liked the script, they were very enthusiastic and wanted to green-light it but they wanted it to coincide with the shoot of Pacific Rim 2,” he said. “I was put in a very difficult place facing a difficult choice, and I chose to do Pacific Rim 2.”

His choice had a lot to do with the possibility of being able to finish the Hellboy trilogy:
The Oscar-nominated filmmaker was still hopeful for more Hellboy. But even the king of geek Hollywood has to play the game.

“The hard fact is that the movie’s going to need about $120 million and there’s nobody knocking down our doors to give it to us,” he told The Daily Beast ahead of his Hall H return, where a new Crimson Peak trailer earned an enthusiastic reception. “It’s a little beyond Kickstarter,” he laughed.

“It would be great to complete the trilogy,” he said, “But in a way I don’t see the world—the industry—supporting that idea.”

Legendary told Del Toro they might throw down for Hellboy 3 if he makes his next film, the mech-kaiju sequel Pacific Rim 2, a hit.
Guillermo del Toro on the Drug War: ‘Every Time Somebody Uses Drugs, It’s Like Having a Gun’

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Slap michael bays name on it instead of del toros and watch how different the reception is.

The acting and comedy in that film was complete shyt.

Homie..you and i have never been more in sync than this very moment:russ: I said the exact same shyt when it came out and I was not impressed at all. One of my homies saw it and he didn't like it either and I told him if it was a Michael Bay movie, people would be shytting on it something serious but because its Del Toro, it's getting a pass. I remember reading one review that said something to the effect of "the characters are meh, the dialogue is bad, but I just wanted to see monsters fight giant robots so this movie is awesome" but of course if someone said about either of the transformers movies, they'd be criticized

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
Homie..you and i have never been more in sync than this very moment:russ: I said the exact same shyt when it came out and I was not impressed at all. One of my homies saw it and he didn't like it either and I told him if it was a Michael Bay movie, people would be shytting on it something serious but because its Del Toro, it's getting a pass. I remember reading one review that said something to the effect of "the characters are meh, the dialogue is bad, but I just wanted to see monsters fight giant robots so this movie is awesome" but of course if someone said about either of the transformers movies, they'd be criticized

Pacific Rim was alright. Charlie Hunnam was wack and they jobbed too many of the mechs too soon but other than that it was way better than any Bayformers flick.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Pacific Rim was alright. Charlie Hunnam was wack and they jobbed too many of the mechs too soon but other than that it was way better than any Bayformers flick.

To me breh, they're lateral moves. And yes, Charlie was terrible. You needed 80s/early 90s Kurt Russell in that role, not a walking talking piece of cardboard