Guillermo Del Toro "Cabinet Of Curiosities" | NetFlix (Discussion Thread)

KingsOfKings

𝕄𝕒𝕕𝕝𝕚𝕓 𝕚𝕤 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝔾𝕠𝕒𝕥
Daps
The maestro of horror - Guillermo Del Toro - presents 8 blood-curdling tales of horror. This anthology of sinister stories is told by some of today’s most revered horror creators, including the directors of The Babadook, Splice, Mandy, and many more.

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
The story snippets look genuinely creepy. That creature design tease in Cosmatos’ looks like it hopped straight out of a Lovecraft work. Can’t wait.

• Dap
Reactions: hex

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
First two episodes are out now. Looks like they’re dropping more tomorrow.

I like the concept overall, especially the way it lets each director add its own flavor to their episodes. And not surprised due to Del Toro’s involvement, but the creature designs have been the biggest standout so far and based on the season preview it’s only going to get better. :gladbron:

‘Lot 36’ started off intriguing in its story and had potential until the last 15 minutes or so. Acting felt uninspired for the most part, which is a shame cause I kinda expected better out of Tim Blake Nelson. ‘Graveyard Rats’ immersed me into its world way better and I dug the way it felt like an hour of pure escapism. You can definitely tell it’s the same director as Cube with the emphasis of the body horror, lol.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
First two episodes are out now. Looks like they’re dropping more tomorrow.

I like the concept overall, especially the way it lets each director add its own flavor to their episodes. And not surprised due to Del Toro’s involvement, but the creature designs have been the biggest standout so far and based on the season preview it’s only going to get better. :gladbron:

‘Lot 36’ started off intriguing in its story and had potential until the last 15 minutes or so. Acting felt uninspired for the most part, which is a shame cause I kinda expected better out of Tim Blake Nelson. ‘Graveyard Rats’ immersed me into its world way better and I dug the way it felt like an hour of pure escapism. You can definitely tell it’s the same director as Cube with the emphasis of the body horror, lol.

I misread the last sentence as Ice Cube directed it.
4BrBRYs[1].png

Anyway, I'm eager to check this out.

Fred.

Jx2

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Episode one was decent. Definitely has a more polished Creepshow feel in tone as well as the schlocky writing/acting to boot. Nick is a one note character that really serves no purpose aside from bringing the story to its inevitable conclusion but I was still entertained. I love horror anthologies :manny:

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Watched the first two eps.

I love this shyt. It's like a big budget "Tales From The Crypt".

1st episode was pretty by the numbers plot-wise but it was well done and the monster design was dope.

2nd episode I liked a lot. Had no idea it's based on a short story from 1936. :ohhh:

Was gonna say it reminded me of "Jerusalem's Lot" by Stephen King but I guess that story was paying homage to the 1936 one.

Fred.