GTA V expansion coming December 15th

ColdSlither

Extensive Enterprises
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Elizabeth, NJ by way of East Orange
After the debacle that is Cyberpunk 2077, no one should be saying shyt about GTA6. Let Rockstar do whatever they want to do. They're making racks on top of racks with GTA Online, and other than executives getting bonuses, you know they're using that money for future projects. Let them take their time.

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
I'm not even going to take that analogy seriously:mjlol:
Anything these videogame companies do is because of money. The point is, they're supporting the game. Y'all are mad that they're not supporting it the way you want them to, yet there's obviously a huge contingent of people still happy playing GTA Online. If Rockstar started pumping out GTAs like Assassin's Creed or Far Cry, nikkas would be throwing fits about money grabs as well. I haven't touched GTA5 since the PS3 version. I want GTA 6, but I'm not about to put Rockstar down for continuously giving people free content for a game mode that is wildly popular.
Breh what part of there’s single player and online players is confusing. What part of, single players are mad they got nothing.... same way if they never released anything more for online, but all SP, the online players would be pissed

“y’all just mad cause they didn’t add nothing for y’all. but added shyt you don’t care about”

WELL NO shyt. If they cranked them out yearly, they’d be rockstar 10 years ago. And nobody was complaining when we got 10 gta’s in 5 years. nikkas not supposed to complain about zero in 7?

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons
Breh what part of there’s single player and online players is confusing. What part of, single players are mad they got nothing.... same way if they never released anything more for online, but all SP, the online players would be pissed

“y’all just mad cause they didn’t add nothing for y’all. but added shyt you don’t care about”

WELL NO shyt. If they cranked them out yearly, they’d be rockstar 10 years ago. And nobody was complaining when we got 10 gta’s in 5 years. nikkas not supposed to complain about zero in 7?
Nothing you said is confusing:gucci:GTA Online is part of the $60 (or $120 :mjlol:) y'all paid for GTA 5. Rockstar has decided to put their efforts towards the online portion of the game. It's on you if you have no desire to play the online portion of the game. I know nikkas who buy Call of Duty just for the campaign (could never be me) even though the developers are only gonna spend the rest of the games life cycle adding to the multiplayer. That's the gamers choice. The landscape of gaming has changed drastically since GTA 4, let alone 3. Multiplayer has become a way to add a lot more to what used to be solely single player experiences. Series known for their amazing single player experiences, like Uncharted and The Last of Us, have even hopped on the trend. I'll save my anger for the day GTA becomes a property like Destiny or The Division where it's online only. Then the series will have truly lost its way. I never faulted you or anyone else for being mad you didn't get single player DLC this go around. I'm faulting the idea that Rockstar is somehow "selling out" or taking advantage of consumers for not dropping single player DLC. They have pumped a ton of free shyt into this game over the years to make the initial purchase worth it.

Miss me with the cap of them being the Rockstar of 10 years ago if they were pumping them out every year by the way. I'd rock with you if you said they should be dropping Manhunts and Max Paynes in the interim instead of only focusing on two properties. Between GTA 3 and Vice City is the only time they dropped games in consecutive years(I already see you bringing up handheld ports:russ:). It's The Arcadium so I know I shouldn't have to bring up the importance of changing a game's engine and the effect that has on waits for new iterations. It's the reason we waited as long as we did between San Andreas and IV; they created their own new engine in that time. The differences between GTA3 to GTA San Andreas are nowhere near the differences between San Andreas and GTA 4. Obviously Rockstar is milking the success of the online component of GTA 5, but I'm fine with that if it means GTA 6 will be worth the wait.

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Nothing you said is confusing:gucci:GTA Online is part of the $60 (or $120 :mjlol:) y'all paid for GTA 5. Rockstar has decided to put their efforts towards the online portion of the game. It's on you if you have no desire to play the online portion of the game. I know nikkas who buy Call of Duty just for the campaign (could never be me) even though the developers are only gonna spend the rest of the games life cycle adding to the multiplayer. That's the gamers choice. The landscape of gaming has changed drastically since GTA 4, let alone 3. Multiplayer has become a way to add a lot more to what used to be solely single player experiences. Series known for their amazing single player experiences, like Uncharted and The Last of Us, have even hopped on the trend. I'll save my anger for the day GTA becomes a property like Destiny or The Division where it's online only. Then the series will have truly lost its way. I never faulted you or anyone else for being mad you didn't get single player DLC this go around. I'm faulting the idea that Rockstar is somehow "selling out" or taking advantage of consumers for not dropping single player DLC. They have pumped a ton of free shyt into this game over the years to make the initial purchase worth it.

Miss me with the cap of them being the Rockstar of 10 years ago if they were pumping them out every year by the way. I'd rock with you if you said they should be dropping Manhunts and Max Paynes in the interim instead of only focusing on two properties. Between GTA 3 and Vice City is the only time they dropped games in consecutive years(I already see you bringing up handheld ports:russ:). It's The Arcadium so I know I shouldn't have to bring up the importance of changing a game's engine and the effect that has on waits for new iterations. It's the reason we waited as long as we did between San Andreas and IV; they created their own new engine in that time. The differences between GTA3 to GTA San Andreas are nowhere near the differences between San Andreas and GTA 4. Obviously Rockstar is milking the success of the online component of GTA 5, but I'm fine with that if it means GTA 6 will be worth the wait.
Gta 3 2001
Gta VC 2002
Sa 2004. 2 year gap
Liberty city stories not a port. 2005
VC story’s 2006. Not a port
4 2008. 2 year gap
2 dlc in 2009

4 year gap to V

7 years and counting on so much as one extra mission

Yes I understand they don’t have to. Yes I understand it’s 2021. Yes I understand 99% of games can do online shyt and also provide dlc. Especially in 7 years.

and yes people will continue to be mad. I’m not sure why there’s an argument or explanation like we don’t know they have money and power to do what they want.

That’s never going to stop people complaining about what they ain’t getting. Especially if you’re the one that used to provide it for them and give absolutely no reason to those that put you there, as to why you said fukk them

We not talking about COD or any other company. This is rockstar. They made BILLIONS off this one game. Billions in profit. They could have a small team port online shyt to single player? With all the time money and resources? Of course they can. They said fukk you we don’t want to. And we supposed to shut up and dribble

No. Complaining got EA to finally work on franchise. Complaining definitely got cyberpunk’s company, who thought they’d hit us with the bullshyt, leaning back. It’s not 1988 no more. We not playing these games. Let rockstar do some online only or online focused next gen. Watch what the people do

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons
Gta 3 2001
Gta VC 2002
Sa 2004. 2 year gap
Liberty city stories not a port. 2005
VC story’s 2006. Not a port
4 2008. 2 year gap
2 dlc in 2009

4 year gap to V

7 years and counting on so much as one extra mission

Yes I understand they don’t have to. Yes I understand it’s 2021. Yes I understand 99% of games can do online shyt and also provide dlc. Especially in 7 years.

and yes people will continue to be mad. I’m not sure why there’s an argument or explanation like we don’t know they have money and power to do what they want.

That’s never going to stop people complaining about what they ain’t getting. Especially if you’re the one that used to provide it for them and give absolutely no reason to those that put you there, as to why you said fukk them

We not talking about COD or any other company. This is rockstar. They made BILLIONS off this one game. Billions in profit. They could have a small team port online shyt to single player? With all the time money and resources? Of course they can. They said fukk you we don’t want to. And we supposed to shut up and dribble

No. Complaining got EA to finally work on franchise. Complaining definitely got cyberpunk’s company, who thought they’d hit us with the bullshyt, leaning back. It’s not 1988 no more. We not playing these games. Let rockstar do some online only or online focused next gen. Watch what the people do
Liberty City Stories and Vice City Stories were PSP games ported to PS2. I literally said what I said to save you the trouble of bringing them up:snoop:https://archive.vn/20130203075706/h...86428&p=irol-newsArticle&ID=844255&highlight=

Vice City Stories PS2 details

They explained the lack of single player already, fwiw: Rockstar Explains Why GTA V Never Got Single-Player DLC

I shouldn't have to even mention this, but DLC has not been a given for every GTA game either. San Andreas, possibly the most popular GTA, had no DLC. The two GTA 4 expansions were the second time in the series any game got DLC, with the first being the OG Grand Theft Auto. So no, single player DLC is not a regular thing for this series.

Again, complain away, I don't care about that. My point this entire time has been it's silly to act like Rockstar "sold out" because they didn't give you the type of content you want. They've more than supported the game. Yes, gamers voices are important, and the fact this game remains a best seller this long after release is saying something. Skyrim released a shyt ton of different versions(even one for the Switch), had DLC, and has sold a fraction of what GTA 5 has. Maybe, just maybe, people enjoy the game as is:hubie:

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Liberty City Stories and Vice City Stories were PSP games ported to PS2. I literally said what I said to save you the trouble of bringing them up:snoop:https://archive.vn/20130203075706/h...86428&p=irol-newsArticle&ID=844255&highlight=

Vice City Stories PS2 details

They explained the lack of single player already, fwiw: Rockstar Explains Why GTA V Never Got Single-Player DLC

I shouldn't have to even mention this, but DLC has not been a given for every GTA game either. San Andreas, possibly the most popular GTA, had no DLC. The two GTA 4 expansions were the second time in the series any game got DLC, with the first being the OG Grand Theft Auto. So no, single player DLC is not a regular thing for this series.

Again, complain away, I don't care about that. My point this entire time has been it's silly to act like Rockstar "sold out" because they didn't give you the type of content you want. They've more than supported the game. Yes, gamers voices are important, and the fact this game remains a best seller this long after release is saying something. Skyrim released a shyt ton of different versions(even one for the Switch), had DLC, and has sold a fraction of what GTA 5 has. Maybe, just maybe, people enjoy the game as is:hubie:
So the PSP games were originals.. Which is why I listed their dates and not the ported dates.. Because it's all connected to this conversation that you started. You came in here saying it was weird that gamers would complain after all this support.. It's not the support for the fanbase that got you there

GTA/RDR fans started off the series as a single player open world sandbox game. The second they saw they could make money online, in plain english in your article, they said fukk single player. They didn't say lets split it 90/10.. They said fukk it... They had to get GTA online but it's 7 years later. They wanted to port it. Ok it's been the whole life cycle, and you here to port it again now. Why? Keep online going. Yes it's all about the money. That's business. But again. You started off one way..

Call of Duty was always multiplayer. They were online. So imagine if they found out DLC was the money maker. fukk online. People love the story, we keep adding story packs, and new guns and people each pack... And in the next game there still was multiplayer but no skins, no updated guns, no new levels.... But they kept releasing it for single player.. Won't even port the stuff over to the other mode. You got the same COD multiplayer from day one. No new COD 7 years later, just packs and packs packs of one player mode..

Would it be weird if the original online players were upset about that? That's the definition of selling out. Especially if the next game would include no single player or very little of it. That's a complete genre change midway through. Imagine Skyrim online being the main focus

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
Not only are people still playing it, but enough people are playing for the game to remain in the top 10 most played games on both PlayStation and Xbox. With plans to release ps5 and Xbox series versions of the game next year, we probably aren’t going to see a new gta for at least 2-4 years. That’s 9-11 years between GTAs...:francis:
Rock stars the franchise.

gta6 will be legendary on next gen

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
So the PSP games were originals.. Which is why I listed their dates and not the ported dates.. Because it's all connected to this conversation that you started. You came in here saying it was weird that gamers would complain after all this support.. It's not the support for the fanbase that got you there

GTA/RDR fans started off the series as a single player open world sandbox game. The second they saw they could make money online, in plain english in your article, they said fukk single player. They didn't say lets split it 90/10.. They said fukk it... They had to get GTA online but it's 7 years later. They wanted to port it. Ok it's been the whole life cycle, and you here to port it again now. Why? Keep online going. Yes it's all about the money. That's business. But again. You started off one way..

Call of Duty was always multiplayer. They were online. So imagine if they found out DLC was the money maker. fukk online. People love the story, we keep adding story packs, and new guns and people each pack... And in the next game there still was multiplayer but no skins, no updated guns, no new levels.... But they kept releasing it for single player.. Won't even port the stuff over to the other mode. You got the same COD multiplayer from day one. No new COD 7 years later, just packs and packs packs of one player mode..

Would it be weird if the original online players were upset about that? That's the definition of selling out. Especially if the next game would include no single player or very little of it. That's a complete genre change midway through. Imagine Skyrim online being the main focus
they have enough fans that love the game why not.

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons

Your hypothetical is pointless. You're essentially saying GTA started off one way and needs to stay that way. The GTA 5 single player, sans any DLC is bigger than anything they've given us before. It's bigger than GTA 4 including both of its DLCs. Gamers were not shortchanged by Rockstar with GTA5. Yours, and others, complaints come down to feeling they didn't give you enough. 7 years of steady, free content, isn't enough because you didn't get your single player DLC. That's ridiculous. They poured a ton of time and resources into this game. Dislike it all you want, but that's not selling out in the slightest.

Gamers bytch and moan when they get incomplete games only to be charged for DLC that could have been in the game day one. Rockstar keeps giving nikkas free shyt for 7 years and some gamers are still bytching:mjlol:I already said, if GTA 6 turns into an online only game, I'll be first to shyt on Rockstar. I'm not about to preemptively shyt on them for something that hasn't happened yet.

Maybe it's the instant gratification nature of the world today, but I remember gamers waiting longer for certain properties, without the privilege of an active online component to a game to occupy them, and not hearing anywhere near this level of whining. Imagine being a Half-Life fan reading this shyt:deadmanny:It's been how long since the last Bioshock? Diablo 3 was how long ago? You can bring up DLC for those and other games, but the content Rockstar has put out these last seven years blows all DLC out of the water in terms of size. So no, I'm not going to begrudge a company for getting with the times, especially if they do it in a consumer friendly way, which they have.

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
they have enough fans that love the game why not.
Your hypothetical is pointless. You're essentially saying GTA started off one way and needs to stay that way. The GTA 5 single player, sans any DLC is bigger than anything they've given us before. It's bigger than GTA 4 including both of its DLCs. Gamers were not shortchanged by Rockstar with GTA5. Yours, and others, complaints come down to feeling they didn't give you enough. 7 years of steady, free content, isn't enough because you didn't get your single player DLC. That's ridiculous. They poured a ton of time and resources into this game. Dislike it all you want, but that's not selling out in the slightest.

Gamers bytch and moan when they get incomplete games only to be charged for DLC that could have been in the game day one. Rockstar keeps giving nikkas free shyt for 7 years and some gamers are still bytching:mjlol:I already said, if GTA 6 turns into an online only game, I'll be first to shyt on Rockstar. I'm not about to preemptively shyt on them for something that hasn't happened yet.

Maybe it's the instant gratification nature of the world today, but I remember gamers waiting longer for certain properties, without the privilege of an active online component to a game to occupy them, and not hearing anywhere near this level of whining. Imagine being a Half-Life fan reading this shyt:deadmanny:It's been how long since the last Bioshock? Diablo 3 was how long ago? You can bring up DLC for those and other games, but the content Rockstar has put out these last seven years blows all DLC out of the water in terms of size. So no, I'm not going to begrudge a company for getting with the times, especially if they do it in a consumer friendly way, which they have.
I'm going to keep saying the same thing because y'all keep skipping over it. Nobody said not to do it. Get money. Business 101

Stop acting like giving content to a complete other side of a game, and not just nothing new to other. But even the same things from the other... For 7 years... Is going to met with no complaints. @obarth didn't quote anybody and nobody quoted him. He came running in here to complain about the complaining like it unfounded. nikka it's 7 years of zero content for single player. Is it the end of the world? Did just make a rockstar praise thread on how they are the best, just days ago?

But again... Stop pretending that all this time without so much as one added mission, wasn't an effort to say fukk y'all, this is what makes money, kick rocks... And that stance doesn't warrant complaint.. And stop naming shyt that makes my point.. "Here's a bunch of other games, that gave you exactly what you asking for, but don't count them, cause reasons".. Nah we watching them sell us the same game on the 3rd gen with nothing since the first release and supposed to be like "b-b-b-b-but diablo 4" Breh we ain't even getting gta till 2024

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
I'm going to keep saying the same thing because y'all keep skipping over it. Nobody said not to do it. Get money. Business 101

Stop acting like giving content to a complete other side of a game, and not just nothing new to other. But even the same things from the other... For 7 years... Is going to met with no complaints. @obarth didn't quote anybody and nobody quoted him. He came running in here to complain about the complaining like it unfounded. nikka it's 7 years of zero content for single player. Is it the end of the world? Did just make a rockstar praise thread on how they are the best, just days ago?

But again... Stop pretending that all this time without so much as one added mission, wasn't an effort to say fukk y'all, this is what makes money, kick rocks... And that stance doesn't warrant complaint.. And stop naming shyt that makes my point.. "Here's a bunch of other games, that gave you exactly what you asking for, but don't count them, cause reasons".. Nah we watching them sell us the same game on the 3rd gen with nothing since the first release and supposed to be like "b-b-b-b-but diablo 4" Breh we ain't even getting gta till 2024
You really love you some GTA huh

:gucci:

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
You really love you some GTA huh

:gucci:
That literally was the thread I made two days ago. How all these other studios make open world games that suck in comparison cause they never put focus on the world. And nobody does it like rockstar. But damn rockstar for not giving us something in 7 years.

I do get what you and @obarth are saying. They gave something. Wasn’t what you wanted. But be happy.

Goddamn it I can’t. I have no problems saying gta is the best video games series of all time. I hate that they went to online micro transaction shyt. I’m not even close to alone

But I’m gonna shut up

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons

I ran into the thread to complain about nikkas complaining? You're all over the place. I've literally said I get, and don't fault, people complaining many times. I said it's weird to see nikkas shytting on Rockstar when they've consistently supported the game for seven years. Two totally different things. I've cited that DLC has only been done for two games in the entire series...you ignored that. You've been a broken record of saying they only focused on one part of the game and that that's them saying fukk you to the consumer. The consumer owns both parts of the game so the consumer is the one getting that content. If you don't like multiplayer, that's fine. Millions do. For however long we have to wait for the next iteration of GTA, Rockstar is going to continue providing content for GTA Online. The choice to not care about that is on you, but it is beyond ridiculous to act like because the content they're providing is for a part of the game you don't feel like playing means they're wronging you. If they were making gamers wait this long while doing jack shyt for either part of the game, you might have a point. Funny you're gonna tell me to stop naming other games when you were in here naming other games gamers bytched about a few posts ago. Comparing not getting single player DLC or a new GTA to the Cyberpunk fiasco is beyond delusional.