GTA 6 reportedly cost 2 billion to make -most expensive piece of entertainment ever produced-

Umoja

Veteran
Daps
Yeah, this includes the actual game, marketing, gta online and future expansions
Makes sense. Horizon cost 220 million to make. If we say GTA 6 takes 500 million to make and promote, that leaves them without 1.5 billion to spend over a 10 year period.

I hope they put some of that money into offline content. I don't think the wait between V and VI would feel so severe if they just released new volumes every III years. Then again, they might figure that it would cut into the anticipation for VI.

taker597

Superstar
Daps
Brehs … what kind of budget would we need to create a GTA competitor. My idea is a small town like Barstow California super detailed with real live NPCs that have a daily life and because it’s Barstow you can surround the whole city with neverending desert
Can't. What GTA been doing is built on a foundation that's damn near 25 years old with complete creative freedom. If CDPR couldn't do that. No one will..

Methodical

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
They would make GTA 6 a disappointment game cause they would focus on GTA online more than the GTA the single player.

klientel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
They would make GTA 6 a disappointment game cause they would focus on GTA online more than the GTA the single player.
They need to though...

GTA single player makes the game pop for a year or two.

GTA online makes the game pop for a decade.