GTA 6 announced to be in early development UPDATE: confirmed by Rockstar

4-Rin

Superstar
Daps
I barely play games anymore but in terms of popular franchises off the top of my head - Star Wars, Terminator, Ghostbusters, Men In Black all ruined by this feminist bullshyt. You don't have to agree with me. It's all art at the end of the day, it's subjective

I'm indifferent so I don't disagree or agree with you.

I felt Uncharted lost legacy was better than Uncharted 4. So ultimately if a game is going to be good, it would be good regardless of the main characters gender. But that's just my take on it.

Kairi Irving

Here Comes A New Challenger
Daps
I mean you right, i got confused cause they reference og loc in gta v. He goes gold and is a huge artist when v came out apparently. He has a plaque in franklins house.

If they weren't talked about in game then it isn't real. They can have pics of old characters but they're not canonically in that world. My theory is maybe GTA 3-VC-SA were just movies like how Scarface and Menace ll Society are in real life, the previous characters could be actors in the new universe.

kingofnyc

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Boogie Down BX
Yes I know that, you feel like if they moved on and made something just as great or better that it would tarnish the GTA legacy? :gucci:

:whoa:

nah - im just saying there is no company in the world that’s going to walk away from a franchise that is this successful

that’s all I’m trying to say

Daps
Reppin
Seven One Eight
hot take but bioware is effectively dead, bethesda became a laughing stock and blizzard lived long enough to see themselves become the villain... it's obvious that rockstar is next up in terms of losing all goodwill.

people were already pissed about take2 milking the everloving shyt out of gtao and skipping single player dlc entirely, one half of the houser brothers chucked the deuces, there's a growing number of players that are over the super scripted, on rails, hyper-realistic-at-fun's-expense gameplay and they seem to be heading towards some sort of "live service" pseudo mmo model in which the game is released in a skeletal state for $60 and piecemealed out over time. be prepared to bush them in the near future.

you hate to see it.

Kairi Irving

Daps
hot take but bioware is effectively dead, bethesda became a laughing stock and blizzard lived long enough to see themselves become the villain... it's obvious that rockstar is next up in terms of losing all goodwill.

people were already pissed about take2 milking the everloving shyt out of gtao and skipping single player dlc entirely, one half of the houser brothers chucked the deuces, there's a growing number of players that are over the super scripted, on rails, hyper-realistic-at-fun's-expense gameplay and they seem to be heading towards some sort of "live service" pseudo mmo model in which the game is released in a skeletal state for $60 and piecemealed out over time. be prepared to bush them in the near future.

you hate to see it.

anddd Capcom just came back but ruined RE3 and are going to milk RE4s dreaded remake.

Game companies are disappointing left and right nowadays, CD project red are too untrustworthy imo, not a huge track record of great games.

Child_Of_God

Love is a long road.
Daps
Reppin
Washington D.C.
@Jesus is my protector
@Sohh_lifted

It's like people who post in The Arcadium and the Locker Room Live in two different worlds :heh:

Dudes in here talking about bully 2, GTA having a female protagonist

Bully 2 been confirmed cancelled months ago and GTA VI isn't going to have a female protagonist :mjlol:

Why is this out of the loop ass thread even in TLR when we have an existing thread in the Arcadium ?

Damn, they really canceled it again? I heard Rockstar started working on Bully 2 again after the game’s development was canceled back in 2011. I also heard it was originally supposed to be released after RDR 2. It’s obvious that Rockstar think the series has a potential to be a hit but right now it seems to be repeatedly sidelined in favor of GTA 6. :yeshrug:

Last edited:

Kairi Irving

Daps
Damn, they really canceled Bully 2 again? I heard Rockstar started it’s development back up after the game was canceled back in 2011. I also heard it was supposed to be released after RDR 2. It’s obvious that Rockstar think the series has a potential to be a hit but it seems like it’s being sidelined in favor of GTA 6. :yeshrug:

Bully 2 was greenlit in 08 for production, cancelled or postponed in 2011, bring back 2017 and cancelled forever in 2019, Dan Housers favorite game he ever made was Bully. He fought hard for a sequel and he ended up quitting a month after Bully ll cancelled leaks came out

kingofnyc

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Boogie Down BX
Nikka do you have a hard time comprehending it's based off real life hoods and gangs?

even in SA, it was deliberately based off of REAL LIFE areas in LA

Grove St is Grape St

Jefferson is Watts

Rollin Heights Ballas was Rollin (20s-60s) Crips

obviously they are going to use the same fake areas as a callback to the old days in a new, separate universe.

:mjtf:

i said you was right about the difference in universe
but it being based off the same hood

:snoop:

Kairi Irving

Daps
I'm playing 5 now and in one of the missions they make vague references to some of the MCs of the previous games so I figured they were connected.

No they didn't lol

They spoke about Niko and we seen Johnny from IV along with some side characters