GTA 4 dropped 10 years ago

Illuminatos

#OVOXO
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It was alright. Probably the weakest in the series by GTA standards but still a great game. I thought the missions were pretty good and I like the driving mechanics.:yeshrug:

This has the most forgettable soundtrack ever though. :russ:

-DMP-

The Prince of All Posters
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Brady Bunch/#Midnightboyz
Got so caught up in the hype that I bought it twice on release night. (PS3 and 360)

Never bothered beating either one. Thank god V came through and restored the feeling.

JSS

Pro
Daps
Wait.. 10 years breh!? Cot damn...
:ohhh:

Want to hear a crazy thing... this game STILL gets regular burn in my house and that's with an Xbox One AND an PS4 AND a shytload of games for the 360 and those and other consoles. I still enjoy going out and randomly shooting people to start a police chase breh haha and just restarted the story..

What I really remember is the INSANE amount of hype -only rivaled by Halo 3's hype- before the release, mainly fueled by that cac Hilary something of IGN. Back in those days people still cared about reviews and IGN lol. We all knew that Rockstar probably paid them so much fukking money that a 10/10 review was coming and indeed: it was a 10 review haha. And it had a huge impact actually in the gamer community. Dude lost mad credibility though..

The game is not a 10. It's a 9 to me. The driving is horrific at first, the checkpoints for missions suck (driving 1-2 minutes to get to later missions after dying is a bytch), you can't re-do missions ... you can't buy buildings and there's a lot you could not do BUT OK fukk it this game a classic brehs

Hilary Goldstein's IGN 10 - sounds like a fukking character in the game haha

*SPOILER ALERT*
My favorite part of the game is the bank robbery brehs.. shyt was like a movie, that shyt was unrivaled in video game experiences. Straight fire
:blessed:

Like you already said, the music - Swizz Beats 'Top Down' became my joint y'all.. ARAB MONEY TOO!!

Overall - even though it got a little repetitive 'cut scene where someone says 'I need you to kill this guy' mission to kill guy... cut scene 'I need you to kill this guy' mission to kill guy' - not many games can fukk with this game.

Niko Belic's character and personality were so refreshing brehs, his sense of humor, going on dates with Malory was dope. But what really sets the game apart is how immersive it is. Once you're a few hours in, you are IN Liberty City yourself. You get to know the city, you start trying crazy shyt in the game and the story just takes over. Roman, Little Jakob (my guy) and all these other characters man - just a great story!
:whew:

GTA IV made GTA V look like a bad and boring game, facts.

OG game brehs, great post OP!
:salute:

I'm creating a new Profile on Xbox 360 today and I'm starting a new run through and I never even copped The Complete Edition.. gotta do that too.

It's backwards compatible on the Xbox One. It run's better on it now too. Just pop the disc in and move your save into the cloud and enjoy breh.

MikeyC

The Coli Royal Rumble Champion 2019
Daps
Reppin
London
The driving was TERRIBLE , remember it was like driving a boat

Also the soundtrack was complete ass , At the time I could get over how forgettable it was , no songs was memorable, the rap station was dusty as fukk

:hhh: nikkas fukked with the soundtrack? That shyt was weak af.

:gucci:

You man wylin. Massive B had these streets on lock

Driver! Don't stop at all!
full

anywaay! Gangsta for life
full

Lowkey, the Jazz station had some bangers, too.

dontreadthis

philly.
Daps
dudes blowing your phone up to play darts and shyt, driving was weird as hell, seemed like you were a brokeboy for most of the beginning. I never even finished this shyt honestly.

staticshock

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
It was way better than V

Maybe I just prefer the grittiness of NY over the fake ness & everyone wants to be a celeb attitude of California

Roid Jones

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The game was pretty lacklustre (I enjoyed the Ballad of Gay Tony more), but the hype was :wow:I remember driving around when it dropped at midnight and seeing lines outside game stores like :dj2:

Last edited: