GTA 4 dropped 10 years ago

TransJenner

Banned
Daps
I’m not gonna lie though , the online was pretty fun , a lot of people would role play and do random shyt

Remember u could enter the Statue of Liberty

Flywin Lannister

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Lannister Bloodline
gta-4-update-555x328.jpg

The first HD GTA game to grace consoles, I remember this and infamous was two of the first games I got back I first got my PS3. :wow:

Rockstar changed the whole tone with this one having a more serious vibe to it. Seems like every franchise back then felt like they had to be gritty and serious when they made the jump to HD. To be honest I feel like this is the weakest GTA tho Niko was bland, I wasn't fond of the serious tone it had, and the lack of the rpg elements that SA had was disappointing.

I still had fun when I played it:ehh:

I remember being :dwillhuh: that they put a whole Katt Williams stand up in the game

the ost tho was:wow:

the beat 102.7 and the vibe 98.8 was two of my favorite stations

I remember one time when crackhouse came on during a chase mission:shredder_lawd:

How do y'all feel about it tho first HD GTA does it still hold up? Was it a disappointment to you? Or is it your favorite GTA? And where would you rank it?
Wait.. 10 years breh!? Cot damn...
:ohhh:

Want to hear a crazy thing... this game STILL gets regular burn in my house and that's with an Xbox One AND an PS4 AND a shytload of games for the 360 and those and other consoles. I still enjoy going out and randomly shooting people to start a police chase breh haha and just restarted the story..

What I really remember is the INSANE amount of hype -only rivaled by Halo 3's hype- before the release, mainly fueled by that cac Hilary something of IGN. Back in those days people still cared about reviews and IGN lol. We all knew that Rockstar probably paid them so much fukking money that a 10/10 review was coming and indeed: it was a 10 review haha. And it had a huge impact actually in the gamer community. Dude lost mad credibility though..

The game is not a 10. It's a 9 to me. The driving is horrific at first, the checkpoints for missions suck (driving 1-2 minutes to get to later missions after dying is a bytch), you can't re-do missions ... you can't buy buildings and there's a lot you could not do BUT OK fukk it this game a classic brehs

Hilary Goldstein's IGN 10 - sounds like a fukking character in the game haha

*SPOILER ALERT*
My favorite part of the game is the bank robbery brehs.. shyt was like a movie, that shyt was unrivaled in video game experiences. Straight fire
:blessed:

Like you already said, the music - Swizz Beats 'Top Down' became my joint y'all.. ARAB MONEY TOO!!

Overall - even though it got a little repetitive 'cut scene where someone says 'I need you to kill this guy' mission to kill guy... cut scene 'I need you to kill this guy' mission to kill guy' - not many games can fukk with this game.

Niko Belic's character and personality were so refreshing brehs, his sense of humor, going on dates with Malory was dope. But what really sets the game apart is how immersive it is. Once you're a few hours in, you are IN Liberty City yourself. You get to know the city, you start trying crazy shyt in the game and the story just takes over. Roman, Little Jakob (my guy) and all these other characters man - just a great story!
:whew:

GTA IV made GTA V look like a bad and boring game, facts.

OG game brehs, great post OP!
:salute:

I'm creating a new Profile on Xbox 360 today and I'm starting a new run through and I never even copped The Complete Edition.. gotta do that too.

The Plug

plug couldnt trust you now u cant trust the plug
Daps
This is the most overrated video game in history regardless of your opinion on the games quality. It currently sits at a metascore of 98, meaning nearly every single reviewer thought this game was a masterpiece. I don't know what the fukk these nikkas we're smoking when they reviewed this game, but that shyt must be out of this world.

Flywin Lannister

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Lannister Bloodline
This is the most overrated video game in history regardless of your opinion on the games quality. It currently sits at a metascore of 98, meaning nearly every single reviewer thought this game was a masterpiece. I don't know what the fukk these nikkas we're smoking when they reviewed this game, but that shyt must be out of this world.
It's called money

:russ:

Hillary Goldstein (the IGN reviewer) his reputation went up in smoke because of his 10/10 and then writing 'a 10 doesn't mean a perfect game'.
A 10 LITERALLY means a perfect game. But the money was just too good. This was before the whole world was 'holy' and every little thing people did became a Twitter scandal. These dudes must've been invited on fun trips all comped by Rockstar and they were like 'yes I want more of that..'
:francis:

It was definitely a 9 though to me

Kairi Irving

Here Comes A New Challenger
Daps
Game had a really depressing vibe that pulled you into the game, Story was better than GTA Vs imo. Niko was an decent character....better than the GTA V characters

online mode was some of the funniest shyt ever lol