GTA 4 dropped 10 years ago

Nero Christ

Sniper out now on all digital platforms brev
Daps
Reppin
St. Lucia
said on here before that the game has special place in my heart because it was my first GTA game (as well as M rated game) & the disillusion an immigrant has with America hit home too :mjcry::wow:Need it and Max Payne 3 remastered :wow:

Vic Damone. Jr

Don't support the phonies, support the real
Daps
Reppin
Memphis TN
Wait.. 10 years breh!? Cot damn...
:ohhh:

Want to hear a crazy thing... this game STILL gets regular burn in my house and that's with an Xbox One AND an PS4 AND a shytload of games for the 360 and those and other consoles. I still enjoy going out and randomly shooting people to start a police chase breh haha and just restarted the story..

What I really remember is the INSANE amount of hype -only rivaled by Halo 3's hype- before the release, mainly fueled by that cac Hilary something of IGN. Back in those days people still cared about reviews and IGN lol. We all knew that Rockstar probably paid them so much fukking money that a 10/10 review was coming and indeed: it was a 10 review haha. And it had a huge impact actually in the gamer community. Dude lost mad credibility though..

The game is not a 10. It's a 9 to me. The driving is horrific at first, the checkpoints for missions suck (driving 1-2 minutes to get to later missions after dying is a bytch), you can't re-do missions ... you can't buy buildings and there's a lot you could not do BUT OK fukk it this game a classic brehs

Hilary Goldstein's IGN 10 - sounds like a fukking character in the game haha

*SPOILER ALERT*
My favorite part of the game is the bank robbery brehs.. shyt was like a movie, that shyt was unrivaled in video game experiences. Straight fire
:blessed:

Like you already said, the music - Swizz Beats 'Top Down' became my joint y'all.. ARAB MONEY TOO!!

Overall - even though it got a little repetitive 'cut scene where someone says 'I need you to kill this guy' mission to kill guy... cut scene 'I need you to kill this guy' mission to kill guy' - not many games can fukk with this game.

Niko Belic's character and personality were so refreshing brehs, his sense of humor, going on dates with Malory was dope. But what really sets the game apart is how immersive it is. Once you're a few hours in, you are IN Liberty City yourself. You get to know the city, you start trying crazy shyt in the game and the story just takes over. Roman, Little Jakob (my guy) and all these other characters man - just a great story!
:whew:

GTA IV made GTA V look like a bad and boring game, facts.

OG game brehs, great post OP!
:salute:

I'm creating a new Profile on Xbox 360 today and I'm starting a new run through and I never even copped The Complete Edition.. gotta do that too.

Breh :wow:

NoMorePie

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Neptune
My favorite GTA game. Was my first game played on PS3.

Driving mechanics are better than any other imo
Storyline was better than any other imo

I remember when I chose the ending that resulted in Roman dying, and then trying to call his number and no one responding :mjcry:

Even the soundtrack had some catchy songs too :whew:

FSP

Banned
Daps
People thuoght it was really better than V?

jshani

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Col, GA

This trailer right here made me go out and preorder the collector's edition w/ the lock box, art book, soundtrack cd, and duffel bag.:ohlawd: Picked it up at a midnight launch. Thought i was the man with the lockbox, used to keep basketball cards and a couple dollars in that shyt.:snoop: Acting like i had a safety deposit box, until i caught one of my cousins opening that flimsy piece of shyt with a paperclip:martin:...tossed it up in my mom's attic...:trash:, might still be there, i need to check next time im over there...

Decent game tho, time flies

Kairi Irving

Here Comes A New Challenger
Daps
People thuoght it was really better than V?

Storywise and immersiveness.

GTA V dissapointed me, Story was all over the place, Franklin was a fake CJ, Michael a Tommy vercetti clone and trevor....smh they werent bad, just not as interesting as past protagonists imo. IV and Vs driving mechanics are both cool, i see IV as realism and V as an action movie that fast paced. V didnt really make me feel like i was into the game, i felt somewhat bored near the end of game and i thought its over? Thats it...ok.

Hopefully VI combines IV and V elements with that Vice City feel to it.

Chris Cool

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So Cal
Only somgs i liked was Top Down and I Got A Nickname for all my Guns, Flashing Lights :mjlol: music was ass

V is just as bad
I had to fukk with Lloyd, ginuwine and Minnie ripperton, on the r&b station and then mute and windows Media player when that got old.

Papoose :scust:

Red cafe :scust:

Swizz beats:scust:

Uncle murda :scust:

Maino :scust:

I disagree with v, at least they had variety.

Dushane Hill

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Squamish, British Columbia
I dont get the hate this is getting. I'd take IV over V any day of the week. There were so many small details in IV that V didn't have and it was generally just a more balanced, better game.

One of the best GTA stories to date with great characters. Obviously it lacked a lot features that V or even San Andreas had but it had strengths in other areas. For me V was just a rendition of an over the top Hollywood action flick, where as IV actually felt like a gritty crime game - which is what GTA made its name doing. V basically transcend into running errands for government agencies and pulling off super unrealistic heists with all this high tech gear you'd expect to see in Splinter Cell or some shyt.

Oh and The Beat FM >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Second best Hip Hop station in a GTA game, behind the GOAT Game FM.

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
GTA IV: Gay Tony>>>>GTA IV

GTA V’s story was ass and a fukking mess.