GTA 3 is one of the most overrated games ever

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Yeah yeah...I know. "It's the game that changed the world! Brilliant, mind-blowing, visionary"...yeah that and kinda crappy when you come right down to it.

GTA III proves that if you can't do one thing right, just do a whole bunch of stuff poorly.

Combining mediocre racing, mediocre action, and a load of banal gangster movie cliches someone scraped off the bottom of Martin Scorcese's Italian loafers, GTA III offers a heaping helping of lukewarm game play to meathead jocks the world over. It's like the Old Country Buffet of videogames...you'll definitely get your fill, but the bad aftertaste left by shoddy mechanics leave you with little more than regrets and a gut ache when you're done. Let's not even get into the tedious objectives...it's not for nothing that this game resulted in the coining of the term "pizza delivery mission" Sadly, the 80 hours you spend in Liberty City arn't much more exciting than actually working the night shift at Dominos, only without the tips.

In its defense, it does have a lot of swearing, which seems to be enough gor the millions of unemployed 19 year olds in pit stained Eminem shirts that make of the game's target audience.

-Somebody on IGN
GTA III is probably the most overrated game ever...
shyt made me laugh lmao

Last edited:

James Dean

All Star
Daps
This is the equivalent of picking up an NES game right now and complaining about the graphics.
This.

Thought it was solid. Good foundation for way better titles to follow. I really don't see people rating GTA 3 higher than it should be. Not seeing it as overrated.

Replayed it the other month to start to finish.